Diminishing Returns

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
"The Democrat Party is in trouble. If it didn’t have the media behind it propping it up, defending every foible and misstatement, and paper-overing its many lies, I’m firmly convinced we would have a very different political debate going on.

Consider what’s happened to the Democrats since President Obama took office in 2009. Mike Flynn offers some interesting statistics:

In Jan. 2009, there were 56 Democrats in the U.S. Senate. (With Democrat caucusing Independents and a party switch, this figure hit 60 early in Obama’s term) Today, there are 51 with the very real prospect of fewer come November.

In the House, Democrats controlled the chamber with 257 seats. Today they have just over 190.

In the states, Democrats controlled both chambers of the legislature in 27 states. The GOP controlled just 14. (The rest were split-control, with each party controlling one chamber.) Today, the situation is completely reversed, with GOP controlling 27 states to the Democrats 15. There are more GOP state legislators today than at any time since 1928.

Democrats controlled the Governor’s mansion in 29 states. Today, they hold the Governor’s office in only 20 states, and will likely lose more this November.

As an aside, these statistics make me wonder why people who have abandoned the GOP don’t get back on the bandwagon. Both parties are primed for a takeover. The GOP is afraid of the Tea Party and the Ron Paul faction. This is no time to quit.

There has been an 8 percent drop in the number of people who identify themselves as Democrats. Democrat voter registration in battle ground states is also down.

So it’s no wonder that the Democrats are busing people — mostly students and members from predominately black churches — from the Charlotte area to fill the 74,000 seat outdoor stadium where President Obama will deliver his acceptance speech.“Democrats have been fretting for months over whether the president can draw a capacity crowd at Bank of America Stadium. Polls show voter enthusiasm is down, as are Obama’s crowds for his battleground state campaign rallies.”

When so many people see no hope with the GOP, the above statistics should energize true conservatives to strike while the iron is hot. If Romney wins in November, get involved in the political process so you can be a policy maker in the future."

Read more: Diminishing Returns of the Democrats and the Need for Busing - Godfather Politics

"The Democrat Party is in trouble. If it didn’t have the media behind it propping it up, defending every foible and misstatement, and paper-overing its many lies, I’m firmly convinced we would have a very different political debate going on.

Isn't it a bit early to start blaming Romney's loss on the media? :badgrin:

• Banned

It would be if I said it to begin with. See the quotation marks and the rest of the article?

• Banned

Try addressing what was said along with your butt wiper, Liberal.

The democratic party is in trouble because it is just not as popular as it once was. obama's speech had to be moved to a much smaller venue because he is not attracting the crowds he once did.

the Obama admin recently said they want the fact checkers to check the facts.

Unlike robmoney who said fuck the fact checkers

• Banned
The democratic party is in trouble because it is just not as popular as it once was. obama's speech had to be moved to a much smaller venue because he is not attracting the crowds he once did.

No it's the weather. He can part the seas but he can't stop the rain. :lol:

Gary DeMar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gary DeMar is an American writer, lecturer and the president of American Vision, an American Christian nonprofit organization. The think-tank has a vision of "an America that recognizes the sovereignty of God over all of life and where Christians are engaged in every facet of society

a blog from a right wing nutter?

you people dont understand what news is

Forum List

Back