Dilemma of Friendship...on USMB

Dude , I accepted your apology for getting the facts messed up just minutes ago.

What is it I left out?

i have all kinds of friends...some mix like oil and water.....i just try to remain friends with everyone...your political views dont make you a good person or a bad person...how you treat others and y our family determines that....

Oh yeah, SB, I've been meaning to thank you for your fair and open mind about people...especially your welcome to newbs

"is this all code for "i am another maggot from hannity"

classic

My on line persona is much bitchier than I am in real life. My profession and reputation in the community prevent me from speaking my mind. That's why message boards are so appealing. Its almost like therapy.

I relate to that. I TRY to downplay politics in the office and because of it I grow fonder all the time of a person that is an extreme activist in our community on the other end of the spectrum. It's all good.

I've made some friends on the USMB Board, left , right and middle.

Sometimes I find myself caught in a dilemma, two or more friends are just going at it sometimes to the extremes. Since, I know them in calmer times and know them to be sensitive and caring people you wonder at times, if you should get involved or just watch things take there course.

The interesting part is if they knew each other, they would probably get along quite well and have reasonable disagreements.

You may be too sensitive to have friends here, Lumpy.

nah, just know when they pile on that it's nap time for the chilluns

Dilemma of Friendship...on USMB

There is nothing more important than getting along with everybody. If you get involved, you might damage someone's self-esteem and that's tantamount to committing a hate crime. I recommend you join the USMB commune that encourages the holding of hands and singing Kumbaya.

I really have to stop writing these pussy posts and this is a fine example of why...:lol:

Hell, I'm not even that nice...

Sometimes I find myself caught in a dilemma, two or more friends are just going at it sometimes to the extremes. Since, I know them in calmer times and know them to be sensitive and caring people you wonder at times, if you should get involved or just watch things take there course.

The interesting part is if they knew each other, they would probably get along quite well and have reasonable disagreements.

You may be too sensitive to have friends here, Lumpy.

Yet another example... shezz

Last edited:
Gee Lump, I didn't realize that you considered Dante a friend. Don't let our little squabbles stress you out.;)

just unfriend all the other assholes, lumpy. they are not worth it anyway.:razz:

Message boards bring out the worst in people. Because we are all here in anonymity, we drop much of the social convention that makes society civilized. There's no way we would all act as bad if we were all together in a room.

Its a fascinating look at human psychology on several levels.

That is why I love it.

The ideas people hold can be tested intellectually without the restraints of social conventions.

I face to face real life you can not challenge peoples false beliefs without major emotional consequences.

On this series of tubes everyone knows your ideas are fair game for srcutiny.

It forces Me and my fellow converser to fully defend our ideas in the white hot light of reality.
Reality is with you all the time.

My on line persona is much bitchier than I am in real life. My profession and reputation in the community prevent me from speaking my mind. That's why message boards are so appealing. Its almost like therapy.
That's a consequence of the anonymity.

If they are really your friends, all you need do is be there for them. Don't take sides unless the question involves your principles.

It's simple. As a GENERAL rule, just never take my side. That looks to be the safer course! :cool:

But a better and more satisfying rule is: ignore the shit between those you like and/or respect.

Personally, I tend to speak up when I see a bullshit dog-pile taking place -- particularly if I happen to like the underdog. Who gives a fuck if others like him or not? Right?

It's simple. As a GENERAL rule, just never take my side. That looks to be the safer course! :cool:

But a better and more satisfying rule is: ignore the shit between those you like and/or respect.

Personally, I tend to speak up when I see a bullshit dog-pile taking place -- particularly if I happen to like the underdog. Who gives a fuck if others like him or not? Right?

There I a limit so I would agree...

I see what you are trying to say.[sarc]

i have all kinds of friends...some mix like oil and water.....i just try to remain friends with everyone...your political views dont make you a good person or a bad person...how you treat others and y our family determines that....

Treat your friends like family and family like friends.. Sometimes. :)

Family isn't about blood.

☭proletarian☭;1985573 said:

Treat your friends like family and family like friends.. Sometimes. :)

Family isn't about blood.
Crack the Sky ? Lost Boys ? Free listening at Last.fm

I hate everyone, and have no friends!

I see what you are trying to say.[sarc]

:lol:... Gee... thanks for the effort , I can hardly wait to return the favor...yup.. hardly wait

Forum List

Back