Dijon Obsession Amid Recession, Two Wars and Swine Flu

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
More proof that the right has it's collective head up its own collective butt...

Amid recession, two wars and swine flu, conservatives assail Obama over Dijon

By Lee-Anne Goodman, The Canadian Press

WASHINGTON - The United States is in the midst of a devastating recession, mired in two overseas wars and grappling with a swine flu outbreak, but conservative critics are assailing President Barack Obama on another pressing issue: his choice of burger topping.

Dijongate is in full force, with Fox News and a conservative blogger leading the charge against the president for his choice of the apparently un-American mustard atop his cheeseburger during a recent impromptu lunch stop with Vice-President Joe Biden.

There's no evidence of wiretapped hotel rooms or a Deep Throat lurking in the shadows, but there are indeed accusations of a coverup - MSNBC, apparently, edited out the president's request for Dijon in order to help Obama maintain his "man of the people" street cred.

Fox's Sean Hannity has been telling his viewers that MSNBC - and reporter Andrea Mitchell in particular - are trying to hide Obama's Dijon-loving ways from the public.

Hannity has been referring to the president's lunch as his "fancy burger."

"It was Grey Poupon, which is equally snotty," alleged one commenter on Hannity's website.

William Jacobson, a Cornell law school professor who has also been blogging about Dijongate, noted that Mitchell "didn't mention one arugula-like fact" about Obama's order earlier this week at Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington, Va.

*More At Link*

Amid recession, two wars and swine flu, conservatives assail Obama over Dijon - Yahoo! Canada News

And Kathianne, if you're there... just for you:

Amid recession, two wars and swine flu, conservatives assail Obama over Dijon

Maybe you should moderate yourself and merge this with your fellow mod's (A15) thread on the same topic. :D

his was specific to hannity's behavior... mine is talking about the wingnuts priorities being skewed.

i thought it a different subject.... albeit arising out of the same thing.

you know, like how many "obama sucks" threads are there?

I couldn't agree more. The white population is headed for minority status, black-on-white crime is out of control, free speech is under attack, illegal immigration continues apace and white firefighters in New Haven, Connecticut can't advance on the job for one simple reason: they're white.

But our supposed respresentatives are worried about mustard.

There's a reason why the system puts up idiots like Sean Hannity as 'the right wing': he's a blowhard moron who poses absolutely no threat to anyone, anywhere.

Sam Dickson, a white activist, calls these people "the silly right."

No need to get defensive Jilly, I'm just fun'n with ya. :D

pffffft.....

mooning.gif

Waterboard Hannity at least a hundred times.

Brain washing might actually improve his performance on TV.:lol:

and there we have the "hitler take on the news"....

:thup:

That is an intelligent response.......... not. Comparing anyone to Hitler is childish at best, you should be ashamed of yourself but unfortunately you aren't quite sophisticated or intelligent enough to understand what an ass you make of yourself when you say such things.

As for the mustard, I hadn't heard anything about it and yet it's suppose to be an obsession, more idiocy from you Jilly......pathetic. I have to wonder how anyone could decide that you should be put in any form of power.

the whole rant is about dijon...

and to say its all conservatives is laughable...one pundit says it and this is all the conservatives think about it...as if that is all hannity mentioned...as if hannity never mentions the economy...

good lord, how you made a one minute blurb by hannity as the "only" thing conservatives are discussing is beyond me

so hannity cannot make fun of obama re dijon mustard....but obama can make fun of special olympics and discuss his bowling on a hollywood talk show...amid recession, two wars...

obama can order pizza from missouri...dine on $100 oz or pound steak...

and to say its all conservatives is laughable...one pundit says it and this is all the conservatives think about it...as if that is all hannity mentioned...as if hannity never mentions the economy...

good lord, how you made a one minute blurb by hannity as the "only" thing conservatives are discussing is beyond me

Good point. IIRC, many conservatives recently had a feeding frenzy over Obama's suggestion that he'd like Souter's replacement to be empathetic.

and there we have the "hitler take on the news"....

:thup:

That is an intelligent response.......... not. Comparing anyone to Hitler is childish at best, you should be ashamed of yourself but unfortunately you aren't quite sophisticated or intelligent enough to understand what an ass you make of yourself when you say such things.

As for the mustard, I hadn't heard anything about it and yet it's suppose to be an obsession, more idiocy from you Jilly.......

Really?

Following President Obama's May 5 visit to Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington, Virginia, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Rush Limbaugh Show guest host Mark Steyn criticized Obama as an elitist because he ordered a burger with "spicy mustard" or "Dijon mustard." Hannity claimed that Obama ordered a "fancy burger" with a "very special condiment," while Steyn asserted Obama is trying "to enlighten us" through his order. Ingraham asked of Obama: "What kind of man orders a cheeseburger without ketchup but Dijon mustard? ... The guy orders a cheeseburger without ketchup? What is that?" In their discussions of Obama's burger order, Hannity, Ingraham, and Steyn all referenced a Grey Poupon commercial featuring actors portraying wealthy British men expressing desire for the mustard.

The GOP: A Party In Search of a Reason to Exist

Good point. IIRC, many conservatives recently had a feeding frenzy over Obama's suggestion that he'd like Souter's replacement to be empathetic.

it was more than that...so you don't recall correctly

but i forgot, conservatives are not allowed to criticize the one...

:eusa_eh:

Sure they are. I actually agree with them on this one. But do tell, what don't I recall correctly?

and obama has time to go on a smear campaign against a political talk show host...

this thread rocks!!

Lefty's didn't invent fake birth certificate-gate, secret radical muslim gate, or dijon mustard gate.

We just mock your foolishness :lol:

Do you actually have any real reasons why you vote for George Dumbya Bush, Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, and the GOP? Or are you simply just emotionally invested in hating liberals?

:eusa_eh:

Sure they are. I actually agree with them on this one. But do tell, what don't I recall correctly?

nevermind, everything he said was about empathy, i just remembered more words...

Forum List

Back