Digital TV Ignorance ...

How is it advertising fraud? Any information I've seen on this specifically says if you have cable, you're fine and don't need a box. It specifically says it's for those who don't have cable and who still rely on rabbit ears or some other type of antennea. At least, that's what they're advertising in my neck of the woods.

It's a big deal to people who still have rabbit ears. I was in K-mart yesterday and a woman was near frantic because she has an older tv and needed the converter box. They were out; apparently they only get a few in at random times and they go quick.

Um ... how many times must I say this for it to sink in: I don't have cable, I have rabbit ears, my 1998 TV gets the digital signal. Saying that everyone who doesn't have cable needs the box IS false advertising because it's lying to make a profit.

Um ... how many times must I say this for it to sink in: I don't have cable, I have rabbit ears, my 1998 TV gets the digital signal. Saying that everyone who doesn't have cable needs the box IS false advertising because it's lying to make a profit.

Must have missed that info. What happened on your tube when they did those 'digital tests'? What about people who have sets older than 10 years? Just curious, not arguing.

Must have missed that info. What happened on your tube when they did those 'digital tests'? What about people who have sets older than 10 years? Just curious, not arguing.

Not sure about older sets, but the ads are misleading and they aren't actually giving everyone all the info. They want you to buy them and are lying about it to scare everyone into buying them. I know someone who got one for a 2006 TV ... paid full price for the damned thing, because they thought they HAD to get it. Then when I told them they didn't need it they were furious ... luckily they got a full refund.

Mine didn't even blink from the test.

Forum List

Back