digital divide

K

korkoi

does anybody ever think that we would get to a time when we could all participate in online voting. Do you think this would be a wise idea for the U.S to encourage online voting seeing how we could have other people from different parts of th world infiltrate our systems

.edit: he changed his title so my joke lost its flavor

online voting should not be considered unless security could be assured somehow

If it aint broke, it dont need fixed. I dont think the system is broke. Maybe needs a little twick here and there, read that educate/ buy glasses for all the dumbass democrats in florida that forget how to run a voting machine they have been using since the dawn of time.

I agree... there is no need to have people vote by internet/computer. Current voting options are sufficient to 1) figure out who people are voting for, 2) keep voter's identities private, and 3) ensure that votes are not tamperable. Online voting offers none of these options.

I think that security is a major issue surrounding online voting but I don't think that it should be ruled out all together because the internet has some features that are benefical to democracy.

I am not sure that i'd submit to fingerprinting or retina scans just to vote. Seems to be a pretty scary thought to have internet voting.

mabey call in voting would be a more feasable alternative, but hey why is it so hard to get to a voting station? It's been done since forever.

I don't think its that hard to get to a voting station but online voting would be an incentive to younger generations to vote because they are very computer oriented and would like to have the ease of just voting from their computer at work or at school.

yes that would be convient(sp?) but what security messaures could we instill to be surtant nobody is regeristering illegal voters, or voting for someone else. The internet is very insecure. Hell a hacker could throw the whole election and we wouldn't know till it was to late.

I am not exactly sure what security measures would have to be implemented, but I know something would have to be done because security is a big issue in regards to hackers and our current status as a nation. But I don't think that its impossible for online voting to be implemented with the right safety measures put in place.

I think that since the democratic party is obviously so much better for america that the government should just count everyone who doesn't come in, register, and explicitly vote for a republican, as a democratic vote. That would be more fair.

Forum List

Back