Digging into Conservative 'values'

Neither conservatives or liberals are perfect. I agree.

The difference between us?

Conservatives say "let me live my life the way I want to live my life, and you live your life the way you want to live your life. But do not use my tax dollars to support your lifestyle and I will not use your tax dollars to support my lifestyle"

Liberals say "I want you to live your life the way I live my life and I insist that your tax dollars support the lifestyle I dictate we should live"

And once again PC is trying to pretend the progressives elected Wilson their spokesmen but alas she's given no proof they ever did that (again).

Gutless coward, more neg reps.

How about a cogent, studied response? Not up to it?

Had you the modicum of education, of scholarship, you would be aware of Woodrow Wilson as the first Progressive President.

I'm going to award you the title of 'Poster-boy Progressive', since you feel so insulted by the appellation.

Everything I wrote is true, and the proof is your neg rep: the truth often engenders that response from the one exposed by it.

"Conservatives believe that custom and tradition result in individuals living in peace. Law is custom and precedent. Liberals are destroyers of custom and convention. To a conservative, change should be gradual, as the new society is often inferior to the old."

First of all who the fuck elected you spokesmen for liberals, or even for conservatives for that matter.

"Law is custom and precedent. Liberals are destroyers of custom and convention."

You can't honestly believe this "logic" do you.

Here allow me to fill in the gaps.

Law is custom and precedent. Not all custom and precedent is law. Liberals dislike some custom and precedent.

There goes your attempt at smear. Although I'd like to know did you honestly think that logic entailed 'liberals don't like law' or are you just totally devoid of morals.

"as the new society is often inferior to the old"

It is? Is there any proof for this, because it sounds like one big appeal to tradition fallacy.

Then again the whole thing is one giant blanket statement fallacy.

Lets take individual responsibility, how many conservatives take responsibility for the mishandling of 911?

Why should conservatives take responsibly for the mishandling of the emergency phone number? What exactly did they do to mess it up?

Conservatives say "let me live my life the way I want to live my life, and you live your life the way you want to live your life. But do not use my tax dollars to support your lifestyle and I will not use your tax dollars to support my lifestyle"

Liberals say "I want you to live your life the way I live my life and I insist that your tax dollars support the lifestyle I dictate we should live"

Amen. Most conservatives are fairly libertarian. Hey, you do your thing, and I'll do mine. Seems it is the progressives/leftists always telling us what to think, what to say, what to eat, what to drink, what to drive, how to live, what is moral, what isn't, how much money we should have, how much money we need, etc. Nuff already Leave me alone and mind your business.

Lets take individual responsibility, how many conservatives take responsibility for the mishandling of 911?

Why should conservatives take responsibly for the mishandling of the emergency phone number? What exactly did they do to mess it up?

We had trouble adapting to touch tone phones. You know, that whole "change" thing freaks us out.

Last edited:
And once again PC is trying to pretend the progressives elected Wilson their spokesmen but alas she's given no proof they ever did that (again).

Gutless coward, more neg reps.

How about a cogent, studied response? Not up to it?

Ok. You have no proof for any of your claims, you are just making one giant blanket statement fallacy to smear people you disagree with, and then you have the nerve to claim the moral high ground.

Had you the modicum of education, of scholarship, you would be aware of Woodrow Wilson as the first Progressive President.

Yeah but you act like modern progressives look up to him which is something I've never seen you back up.

I'm going to award you the title of 'Poster-boy Progressive', since you feel so insulted by the appellation.

I'm not a progressive, I just feel insulted by people who pretend their childish whines of 'everyone on the other side is evil and amoral' is anything resembling intelligent discussion.

Everything I wrote is true, and the proof is your neg rep: the truth often engenders that response from the one exposed by it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're either a complete idiot or you're desperate. You insult people and then expect them to not get upset over it?

Ok fine from now on I'm going to call you a dog rapist and if you get upset over this I'm going to take it as proof that you actually rape dogs.

I'm probably not going to do the entire post but here's some crap that stuck out

"Conservatives view people as both good and bad, and for this reason believe on restraints on power, as in checks and balances, while liberals see power as a force for good, as long as the power is in their hands. "

So in other words liberals also believe in people being good and bad (after all if they didn't they wouldn't feel the need to limit power from anyone) you just decided to imply they don't.

I seem to remember more conservatives than liberals loving the government-power-expanding Patriot Act.

I'm probably not going to do the entire post but here's some crap that stuck out

"Conservatives view people as both good and bad, and for this reason believe on restraints on power, as in checks and balances, while liberals see power as a force for good, as long as the power is in their hands. "

So in other words liberals also believe in people being good and bad (after all if they didn't they wouldn't feel the need to limit power from anyone) you just decided to imply they don't.

I seem to remember more conservatives than liberals loving the government-power-expanding Patriot Act.

That is only because it was instituted under Bush. Had it been Clinton or Obama the numbers would have been similar, but reversed.

And don't kid yourself, the Democrats are more than satisfied with keeping it in place, now that they have control.

Immie

I see this as 100% accurate. Conservatives do not preach how to eliminate "the bad". Instead they believe in "avoid the bad or suffer the consequences"

Liberals are all about the "victims" of the bad and the need to eliminate the bad so there are no victims. Sounds noble, but who is decides what delineates from good and bad?

"I seem to remember more conservatives than liberals loving the government-power-expanding Patriot Act"

Conservatives believe the government has the primary responsibility of defending the people so the people can go on without concern. For good or bad, the Patriot Act was designed to do just that.

Amen. Most conservatives are fairly libertarian. Hey, you do your thing, and I'll do mine. Seems it is the progressives/leftists always telling us what to think, what to say, what to eat, what to drink, what to drive, how to live, what is moral, what isn't, how much money we should have, how much money we need, etc. Nuff already Leave me alone and mind your business.

Whoaaaaa there! Negative. Most conservatives are social conservatives, not libertarian. Most conservatives have looked on libertarians as the crazy uncle no one wants to acknowledge. What conservatives are now doing is wrapping themselves in libertarian speech and terms to get elected. Then they will go right back to being the same old social conservatives who will want to legislate morality. Liberals/Democrats and conservatives/Republicans both want government to be intrusive, they just have different social agendas. Leave us libertarians out of the equation.

That is only because it was instituted under Bush. Had it been Clinton or Obama the numbers would have been similar, but reversed.

And don't kid yourself, the Democrats are more than satisfied with keeping it in place, now that they have control.

Immie

Yeah but I've completely given up on the Democratic party, I don't know what the hell they represent anymore.

My guess is, they're just trying to be the party that annoys Republicans.

Immie
The USAPATRIOT Act passed in the Senate by a vote of 98-1.

Seems that being overbearing authoritarian snoops is one thing all demopublicraticans can agree on.

Whoaaaaa there! Negative. Most conservatives are social conservatives, not libertarian. Most conservatives have looked on libertarians as the crazy uncle no one wants to acknowledge. What conservatives are now doing is wrapping themselves in libertarian speech and terms to get elected. Then they will go right back to being the same old social conservatives who will want to legislate morality. Liberals/Democrats and conservatives/Republicans both want government to be intrusive, they just have different social agendas. Leave us libertarians out of the equation.
Just like back in '94.

Fool me once.....

Immie

Seems that being overbearing authoritarian snoops is one thing all demopublicraticans can agree on.

Who was the one Nay vote?

Immie

Who was the one Nay vote?

And who was the one that abstained?

But this is between libs/cons not Dems/Reps.

Immie

Seems I must not be a demopublicratican, because I have opposed it since day one.

Immie

Conservative values..

20000119edhan-a.gif

Forum List

Back