Differences

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
I want someone to explain to me as pertaining to actions each party has undertaken in lets say the last 20-30years what are(if there are any) the differences between Demos and Repubs?

Don't talk to me about platforms or Conservative vs liberal but explain various legislations enacted and deals struck in Washington when each party has had the power and then attempt to show a difference in philosophy and action between each party. I'm telling you they are 1 in the same when push comes to shove.

OCA said:
I want someone to explain to me as pertaining to actions each party has undertaken in lets say the last 20-30years what are(if there are any) the differences between Demos and Repubs?

Don't talk to me about platforms or Conservative vs liberal but explain various legislations enacted and deals struck in Washington when each party has had the power and then attempt to show a difference in philosophy and action between each party. I'm telling you they are 1 in the same when push comes to shove.

totally on this one...too tired and hungry to expand on it at this time....lol

My quick answer would be that they have slightly different methods of obtaining and retaining power. Checks and balances have prevented both from fully implementing thier agendas. That and public apathy.

Lol there are no differences, each side does not want to enact its real agendas so as not to be labeled "radical". In the meantime they all masturbate in the middle with each other to the same beat and stroke.

For example....where is my gay marriage amendment? Where are the conservatives in congress on stem cell? Where is the small government?

you mean centrist (gasp) americans might actually have some influence finally?

holy hell.

I think being willing to defend the country and preemptively dealing with global terror is a fairly significant difference. Let's not get into the circular firing squad like DU, each little wannabe general spouting off whatever crap makes him special at the moment.

One big difference, and an important one in my opinion, conservative Republicans are pro-religon, liberal democraps are anti anything religon. They're afraid of God and Jesus Christ because they stand in the way of their "if it feels good do it" pro sex with anyone and anything way.

Pale Rider said:
One big difference, and an important one in my opinion, conservative Republicans are pro-religon, liberal democraps are anti anything religon. They're afraid of God and Jesus Christ because they stand in the way of their "if it feels good do it" pro sex with anyone and anything way.

Yes Pale they campaign on this but once in office their actions speak differently.

SmarterThanYou said:
you mean centrist (gasp) americans might actually have some influence finally?

holy hell.

Centrists get nothing done. Notice how already the Demos are fillibustering Bolton scarcely 48 hrs after "the deal".

OCA said:
Centrists get nothing done. Notice how already the Demos are fillibustering Bolton scarcely 48 hrs after "the deal".
Nothing ever gets done but taking money from taxpayers---remember "no difference" ?

OCA said:
but 3 judges will get votes without a filibuster, one already did.

OCA said:

Does it matter? America elects what is supposed to be a Conservative, instead they get they Pill Bill, even more funding than before for the National Endowment for the Arts, the "Click-it or Ticket" campaign where the Nannyism of the Federal Government overshadows that of the States, The first direct funding of Education by the Federal Government directly in contrast to the State's Rights clause of the Constitution (before the funding went to food programs, not directly to Education), a strengthening of the Teacher's Union rather than a program with vouchers, etc.

SmarterThanYou said:
but 3 judges will get votes without a filibuster, one already did.

Why couldn't it have been all of them? Up or down vote? Why all this fucking bullshit?

no1tovote4 said:
Does it matter? America elects what is supposed to be a Conservative, instead they get they Pill Bill, even more funding than before for the National Endowment for the Arts, the "Click-it or Ticket" campaign where the Nannyism of the Federal Government overshadows that of the States, The first direct funding of Education by the Federal Government directly in contrast to the State's Rights clause of the Constitution (before the funding went to food programs, not directly to Education), a strengthening of the Teacher's Union rather than a program with vouchers, etc.

This is what i've been saying all along, Bush is about as conservative as Alan Colmes. And for those who are going to talk about his actions concerning the WOT, he's failed there too, could've and should've been done there long ago but Bush likes to suck off special interest groups and worry about public opinion polls concerning civilian deaths. He's fought this war like its been an x-box game and the friggin controller is in the oval office....what a fucking dissappointment he is.

OCA said:
Why couldn't it have been all of them? Up or down vote? Why all this fucking bullshit?

That's exactly what I say. Why the fuck did the Republicans CAVE??!! This "DEAL" stuff is BULLSHIT!

It irks me to no end every time I see the Republicans backing down from a fight with the sons a bitchin scumbag democraps. FUCK! When are these fuckers going to grow a BACK BONE and start acting like the fucking MAJORITY???!!!

I WANTED the Republicans to use the "nuclear option". It would have told me they'll FIGHT to WIN! Now... I don' know... it's hard to back someone who won't stand their ground and fight.

Pale Rider said:

The elected Democrat and also Baptist Minister I know would like some explanation of why you think that way. There's a difference between allowing Religion to intefere with state and supporting it. Religions give "thou shalt nots" while it is the purpose of the justice system to uphold the liberties of the citizens. Many Religions are based on free will, the notion that a person can control their own destiny, can chose to obey or disobey the Religious Law, which does not have to be the same as the governmental law.

OCA said:

Well when comparing how Centrist the parties are, look at how many judges the congress under Clinton filibustered. The current Congress is only filibustering a select few, less than 5%, of justices, while the Republican Congress under Clinton filibustered 60 judges.

IControlThePast said:
The elected Democrat and also Baptist Minister I know would like some explanation of why you think that way. There's a difference between allowing Religion to intefere with state and supporting it. Religions give "thou shalt nots" while it is the purpose of the justice system to uphold the liberties of the citizens. Many Religions are based on free will, the notion that a person can control their own destiny, can chose to obey or disobey the Religious Law, which does not have to be the same as the governmental law.

Why do I think Republicans are pro-religon and democraps aren't? Are you serious?

Our Republican President makes a comment about his faith and love for Jesus Christ, and the stinking scumbag liberals can't heap on high enough beating the shit out of him for saying that. Then you have your liberal democraps led around by the likes of mickey moore the liar, george sorros the financier, and the aclu to tie them all together, and you have the most militant attack on the Bible and Christianity this country has ever seen in it's history. The Republicans hold strong to the fact that this country was founded on Judeo Christian beliefs by Christians, and the liberal democraps want to rid the county of Christianity so they can let the sicko fucking homos get married and start a butt fuck crusade, and then move on to nambla, marry your sister, father marrys son, woman marrys dog, you name it. Whatever sick ANTI RELIGON CRAP YOU CAN THINK OF, the liberals will get to it sooner or later given they can rid America of Christianity.

You pickin' up what I'm layin' down boy?

Forum List

Back