Diff between drugs and alcohol

I'm sorry to hear that but similar things happen with alcohol, people drive drunk with their kids in the car and get into accidents, one mother was so drunk in Missouri someone came into the house and kidnapped her kid, the people are to blame, not the substance.

Of course it's the people! That's what the problem is. Too many people who want to get high. My step granddaughter is a slut anyway. Her daughter wasn't killed, but her leg was crushed. The slut refused medical care because with a disabled child her welfare would increase. More welfare, more pot.

Your step grand daughter should marry my brother, they sound like they are perfect for each other.

She has four children by four different men and has no idea who the fathers of any of them are. She might not marry your brother, but she'd be glad to have his baby.

Of course it's the people! That's what the problem is. Too many people who want to get high. My step granddaughter is a slut anyway. Her daughter wasn't killed, but her leg was crushed. The slut refused medical care because with a disabled child her welfare would increase. More welfare, more pot.

Your step grand daughter should marry my brother, they sound like they are perfect for each other.

She has four children by four different men and has no idea who the fathers of any of them are. She might not marry your brother, but she'd be glad to have his baby.

I don't get why any woman would have his baby, he is useless and does not give a shit about any kids he has, he was interested in his first son for like 15 minutes when he was born than quickly went back to selling dope, using drugs and playing XBOX all day.

I have never seen anyone high on pot get into a bar fight, driving the wrong way on the freeway is another story. So is driving about 15 miles an hour on the freeway. I've seen more than a few fires started by the pot addled. By far the most prevalent crime of pot users is child neglect and endangerment.
You are referencing extreme examples of marijuana abuse -- the exception in fact and certainly not the rule. And if marijuana were not available to this personality type they would be using another, probably more dangerous, intoxicant.

An analogy to this kind of presentation would be referencing narcs who steal money from dealers, cops who are alcoholics and drug addicts, cops who are on the take, and on and on. Exceptions, not the rule. And the bottom line is marijuana abusers are far less detrimental to society than are alcoholics.

My step graddaughter was so potted out that she watched her two year old get run over by a car. She didn't even realize it was her kid. She's not an abuser, she considers herself a casual user.

If true that is a terrible tragedy.

I heard a story once (one of Anslinger's favorites too) of a young man who somked some pot and got so high he chopped up his entire family with an axe. So obviously it's a bad thing and we need to lock up everyone who dares smoke it.

I don't get why any woman would have his baby, he is useless and does not give a shit about any kids he has, he was interested in his first son for like 15 minutes when he was born than quickly went back to selling dope, using drugs and playing XBOX all day.

Jan wouldn't care. She has no idea who the fathers of any of her children are. She's a bona fide slut. I told her once that if she had any integrity she'd be a whore. At least she'd be working!

You are referencing extreme examples of marijuana abuse -- the exception in fact and certainly not the rule. And if marijuana were not available to this personality type they would be using another, probably more dangerous, intoxicant.

An analogy to this kind of presentation would be referencing narcs who steal money from dealers, cops who are alcoholics and drug addicts, cops who are on the take, and on and on. Exceptions, not the rule. And the bottom line is marijuana abusers are far less detrimental to society than are alcoholics.

My step graddaughter was so potted out that she watched her two year old get run over by a car. She didn't even realize it was her kid. She's not an abuser, she considers herself a casual user.

If true that is a terrible tragedy.

I heard a story once (one of Anslinger's favorites too) of a young man who somked some pot and got so high he chopped up his entire family with an axe. So obviously it's a bad thing and we need to lock up everyone who dares smoke it.

When someone uses drugs, they should get MORE drugs to use. Free or at least very low cost. I do believe that others need to be protected from them, but the users should get all they want.

Jan wouldn't care. She has no idea who the fathers of any of her children are. She's a bona fide slut. I told her once that if she had any integrity she'd be a whore. At least she'd be working!

People are what they are, people like her and my brother are not going to have a divine moment and be safed, this is who they are we either have to accept that or cut them loose.

People are what they are, people like her and my brother are not going to have a divine moment and be safed, this is who they are we either have to accept that or cut them loose.

I am not one to offer assistance to the slut. I've never given her so much as a dime. Nor do I even speak to her.

I don't know what kind of other drugs she uses. I hope a lot. I have no patience for drug users. Let them use themselves to death. As quickly as possible.

I am not one to offer assistance to the slut. I've never given her so much as a dime. Nor do I even speak to her.

I don't know what kind of other drugs she uses. I hope a lot. I have no patience for drug users. Let them use themselves to death. As quickly as possible.

I don't like drug addicts either, they are a fucking drag and bring everyone around them down.

[...]

The Opioid withdrawal? personal experience. I was on Pain medication for a long time. I had a back problem that required a fusion surgery and spent two years trying to avoid having my spine fused. By the time I finally did get the fusion, I had been on Vicodin EX for over two years. i had complications with the surgery and my recovery was slow. my surgeon referred me to a Pain Management Clinic, because because of the tolerance I built up to the vicodin, it wasn't effective in treating my pain. They put me on a Fentanyl Patch. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is many times more powerful than vicodin. I was on that for about 6 months and doing physical therapy. After that period of time, I noticed that i really didn't have much pain anymore, but was afraid to take the patch off for fear of the pain returning. in short, I didn't know whether the lack of pain was due to the therapy and the natural healing of my body, or the patch.

[...]
Good informative post. In return:

I've been taking 5mg. - 10mg. Oxycodone (Percocet) every night for nearly two years now. I have a cervical spine condition (stenosis) that causes pain when lying down, so I need the drug to step across the pain threshold and fall asleep (surgery involves an unacceptable risk). On those occasions when the pain level permits I forego the drug and the initial withdrawal effect is extreme restlessness and insomina. So I would not look forward to a full scale withdrawal even though my dosage level is minimal.

Both my (late) wife and I used marijuana on a fairly regular basis throughout the 60s and 70s when it was decriminalized in New York City. When Reagan commenced his drug war madness in 1982 a virtual persecution arose. federal law superseded local law, the police started treating marijuana the same as heroin, the atmosphere became oppressive, home-growing stopped, availability rapidly decreased and street prices spiraled upward. So, in 1982, rather than deal with the questionable quality of street weed and the possibility of being arrested we decided to just stop using marijuana.

As I recall, while we both profoundly missed the pleasure available from marijuana neither of us experienced the kind of craving attributed to opiate withdrawal and within a few weeks nothing consciously remained in the way of feelings but extreme resentment of the intrusion upon our private behavior. And based on their descriptions our experience approximated those of many of our marijuana-using friends, including several professionals.

Last edited:
It's like the supporters of increased drug addiction completely forget about the crimes committed by people while they are under the influence. It's like it just goes away! Even the disaster that Switzerland caused with Needle Park doesn't enter their realm of reality.
Switzerland's needle Park experiment was a textbook example of the wrong way to go. I understand they've since realized their mistake and have adopted a more sensible policy, which is not mentioned in the usual drug warrior propaganda bulletins.

If you'd like to read about a highly successful experiment in drug legalization, go here: Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal - Forbes

I'd like to thank all the drunks and junkies out there for their voluntary and eager willingness to serve as examples for the rest of us to learn from. Thanks, keep up the good work!

And the murderous cartels the world over want to thank all you fascist for your support in the war on American citizens who use non-government approved recreational substances.

Ever heard of homegrown? I'd say 90% of the weed smoked in the US is grown in a basement on every block in America (most of it grown by little grannies that use to be hippies in the 60's, and college students paying their own way through school). I support domestic growers and commend them for their excellent products. The other 9% probably comes from Canada. And maybe 1% comes from Mexico (nobody smokes that shitty seedy weed from down there except ghetto people). You can make nice money growing a mere dozen excellent plants at a time (if you know how). No reason for anyone to be poor in America unless your really stupid!

That's the problem with casual pot smoking, it can get you quite stoned if you smoke it like once a week.

Chronic use would be like every day, all day long. With chronic use however, you don't get that same kind of stupid stoned high. You get a nice mild relaxing buzz to chill out with and not stoned/high..

It's kind of like cigarettes. If you smoked one cigarette a week, it too will get you high. But start smoking tobacco every day and it won't make you dizzy like smoking once or twice a week would.

I use to smoke a couple ounces a month for years and it was never an issue, in fact it made me a happier more relaxed and productive/creative person.

Alchohol wasl lega until prohibition - had some sort of legal status

Drug s are something you inject or snort

You do know that all the "illegal" drugs were all legal at one point, right?

Heroin was a brand name pain killer, available at any pharmacy. (The trademark was owned by Bayer until the end of WWII).
Cocaine was a wonder compound, in everything from hair tonics to Coca-Cola.
Thomas Jefferson grew hemp, and Shakespeare smoked weed.
Every drug that is now "illegal" all had "some sort of legal status" before they were made illegal.

The only time drugs and alcohol becomes a problem is when they fall into the hands of an idiot. Idiots get into trouble with just about everything, whether it's legal or illegal. I.E., I'll never get busted DUI, I'm not stupid and wouldn't drive while under the influence. In fact I'm in my mid 50's and I've never had an auto accident and have never got a moving violation ticket ever (got a warning once doing 75 in a 55 zone, he cut me a break because my record was so good, LOL, they always say that now if I'm stopped).

I'm not a stupid kind of weed smoker. I don't drink alcohol though because that's stupid. ;)

The difference is in the level of addiction. Not everyone who has a glass of wine with dinner is the same kind of alcoholic that will suffer a painful detox, but it doesn't take much to get to a painful level of heroin addiction.

True, I suppose

But low level heroin addicts don't end up in detox.

Neither do moderate drinkers of alcohol.

I'm describing the experiences that serious alcoholics and serious heroin addicts go through.

Believe me alcoholics have it much MUCH worse.

Someone could be an occasional drinker their whole lives. No one could be an occasional heroin user for long. It always escalates. It's the nature of the addiction.
Not necessarily. It all depends on two main factors; the individual's biological and psychological makeup and, most important, his/her source.

The reasons for most of the destructive effects of heroin use are (a) the user's self-destructive disposition to degenerate addiction, and (b) the unknown and often questionable quality and quantity of each successive dose. Someone who has good self-control, is not masochistically self-destructive (as most degenerate junkies are), is in a position to know the precisely measured potency and the purity level of each dose and has access to sterile equipment, can maintain a regulated heroin habit for many years with none of the debilitating effects common to street junkies -- provided one's social and vocational status are compatible with the relatively quiescent nature of a heroin user's lifestyle. (It would help to be a medical or pharmaceutical professional or to be wealthy.)

NONE of any refs in Wash st legalaizing drugs has gotten to first base.

Last try waswas an amysbay failuure. Drugs wont get legal statuseve period.
Califorenia measure got P UN K E D
Main issuein Was str is privatizong liqior

^This post is proof that alcohol is a dangerous drug. That's the only possible explanation:lol:

Nicotine is also.
How right you are.

Nicotine (addiction) is known to be directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths and morbid illnesses each year in the U.S.

Except for examples of extremely excessive use, marijuana is absolutely benign.

The single most significan difference between Marijuana and every other HIGH I know is this...

Marijuana has no known TOXICITY LEVEL, and every other drug does.

IN fact it is a mistake to say that somebody is inTOXICated by marijuana since marijuana is not TOXIC.

Of course it's toxic. Otherwise there would be no such thing as marijuana poisoning.

Animals can be poisoned by marijuana

Treating Marijuana Toxicity

Children

Denver Toddler Hospitalized After Eating Pot Cookies - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Adults

Pot Brownies: Senior Citizens Hospitalized After Eating Pot Brownies at Funeral - ktla.com

Marijuana overdose

Marijuana Overdose – Signs Of Marijuana Overdose – Treating Marijuana Overdose

A marijuana overdose can occur when a person takes too much of the drug, often due to the inhibited reasoning that marijuana can bring on. Marijuana overdose results in a variety of symptoms that may or may not appear in an individual user, including:
Feelings of paranoia or fear
Nausea and vomiting
An increased heart rates
Hallucination and disorientation

Read the Full Page: Marijuana Overdose – Signs Of Marijuana Overdose – Treating Marijuana Overdose
AllAboutCounseling.com
The leaf and buds of the marijuana plant are non-toxic. The roots, stem, twigs and some seed material are mildly poisonous. So the danger lies in inadvertently combining the two components as when grinding or chopping the plant, which is very commonly done to ordinary street weed, most of which is carelessly prepared. This common adulteration, in addition to the use of various toxic pesticides and growth-inducing hormones, is directly and singularly responsible for all of the negative effects from marijuana use mentioned above.

Properly grown and prepared marijuana leaf and bud are absolutely benign. Smoking too much pure leaf and bud will cause nothing more than unconsciousness to a healthy organism. But eating too much of anything can be medically harmful, mainly to the digestive system.

Last edited:
I understand that first time US visitors to Amsterdam Overdose regularly on the brownies.
The problem is the novice doesn't understand the effect of a pot brownie (or other baked pot product) comes on slowly but can pack a wallop. So, for the benefit of the novice, take one bite -- and wait! Don't down the whole thing no matter how good it tastes. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes for the full effect to manifest. And unless you do the baking you cannot possibly anticipate the potency

Marijuana overdose???
Most of that rhetoric is drug warrior nonsense. Eating too much marijuana, or too much chocolate, or too much caviar, or too much of many other things, can cause medical problems. It's not just marijuana.

:lol::lol::lol:

I understand that first time US visitors to Amsterdam Overdose regularly on the brownies.

I remember lsd like hallucinations when I first tried some good blonde lebanese hash back in the 70's. I wish we could still get that shit.....

Marijuana overdose???

:lol::lol::lol:

This will be of great comfort to the people in jail for poisoning others with marijuana, including animals.

Unless you think that poisoning by marijuana should also be legal. Then rufies should also be legal.

Gosh, how many people are in jail for "Marijuana Poisoning" these day?
That is a charge born of desperation. Except for distribution to minors, the very fact that anyone is in jail for for selling or possessing marijuana is in itself one of this Nation's most egregious crimes against its people.

Why do you blindly accept fascism?
Many Americans, mainly those of senior generations, have been so effectively brainwashed by Reefer Madness propaganda they stubbornly resist re-education regardless of the credibility and conclusiveness of evidence that conflicts with their imbedded beliefs.

Also, those who have chosen to become narcs in one form or other are widely regarded as "the scumbags of law enforcement" thus are preconsciously disposed to believe any lie, however nonsensical, that serves to justify the morally reprehensible things they do.

John D. Rockefeller pushed the prohibition of alcohol to remove it's competition from his standard oil company.

Forum List

Back