Diff between drugs and alcohol

The thing is My friend... is that the chemical process of withdrawal is a fine thing to know. I applaud you for your knowledge. You seem to have a very good bead on organic Chemistry and physiology.

But the simple truth is, unless you've been through it, you can't understand the psychological and physical pain one goes through when this is occurring inside of YOUR body. I feel for every addict out there. I don't care if they became medically addicted like myself, or made a few bad decisions in their youth that spiraled out of control. The catalyst for a current state of addiction does not matter. They know the pain of not having their drug and they fear that pain. To put a simple scientific spin on the process in no way eases that pain.

In short, an addict is not going to look at your post, or a drug counselor who explains the process like that and say...."OK, that explains that... Sobriety... here I come!" It goes much deeper than Physiology.

I'm sorry... I don't mean to slam you. It's just seems minimalistic to me.

The withdrawal sufferer might gain strength from knowing the cause of his agony, grief and suffering, draw from the insight derived from the knowledge and be a little better poised to combat the cravings.
When you are struck low by something unknown and unfamiliar, its more frightening than when you have a fairly good idea of whats going wrong and have some idea of how to fix it.
For example the individual having chest pain who goes into the hospital emergency room. After a blood test or two the doctor comes in and informs him of what's going on and slaps some nitropaste onto his chest area. Suddenly the individual's heart rate drops precipitously from 130 down to 20. There's comfort in knowing that the nurse injecting atropine into the shunt on the right arm and the doctor injecting atropine into the shunt on the left arm are taking the appropriate steps. Atropine blocks the action of the vagus nerve, which slows the heart rate down, and until the atropine was injected, was very firmly in charge and determined to shut everything down.

The single most significan difference between Marijuana and every other HIGH I know is this...

Marijuana has no known TOXICITY LEVEL, and every other drug does.

IN fact it is a mistake to say that somebody is inTOXICated by marijuana since marijuana is not TOXIC.

Of course it's toxic. Otherwise there would be no such thing as marijuana poisoning.

Animals can be poisoned by marijuana

Treating Marijuana Toxicity

Children

Denver Toddler Hospitalized After Eating Pot Cookies - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Adults

Pot Brownies: Senior Citizens Hospitalized After Eating Pot Brownies at Funeral - ktla.com

Marijuana overdose

Marijuana Overdose – Signs Of Marijuana Overdose – Treating Marijuana Overdose

A marijuana overdose can occur when a person takes too much of the drug, often due to the inhibited reasoning that marijuana can bring on. Marijuana overdose results in a variety of symptoms that may or may not appear in an individual user, including:
Feelings of paranoia or fear
Nausea and vomiting
An increased heart rates
Hallucination and disorientation

Read the Full Page: Marijuana Overdose – Signs Of Marijuana Overdose – Treating Marijuana Overdose
AllAboutCounseling.com

:lol::lol::lol:

I understand that first time US visitors to Amsterdam Overdose regularly on the brownies.

I remember lsd like hallucinations when I first tried some good blonde lebanese hash back in the 70's. I wish we could still get that shit.....

Marijuana overdose???

NONE of any refs in Wash st legalaizing drugs has gotten to first base.

Last try waswas an amysbay failuure. Drugs wont get legal statuseve period.
Califorenia measure got P UN K E D
Main issuein Was str is privatizong liqior

Uhm... just how fucked up are you?

:lol:

The single most significan difference between Marijuana and every other HIGH I know is this...

IN fact it is a mistake to say that somebody is inTOXICated by marijuana since marijuana is not TOXIC.

Of course it's toxic. Otherwise there would be no such thing as marijuana poisoning.

Children

Denver Toddler Hospitalized After Eating Pot Cookies - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Adults

Pot Brownies: Senior Citizens Hospitalized After Eating Pot Brownies at Funeral - ktla.com

Marijuana overdose

A marijuana overdose can occur when a person takes too much of the drug, often due to the inhibited reasoning that marijuana can bring on. Marijuana overdose results in a variety of symptoms that may or may not appear in an individual user, including:
Nausea and vomiting
An increased heart rates

Read the Full Page: Marijuana Overdose – Signs Of Marijuana Overdose – Treating Marijuana Overdose
AllAboutCounseling.com

I understand that first time US visitors to Amsterdam Overdose regularly on the brownies.

I remember lsd like hallucinations when I first tried some good blonde lebanese hash back in the 70's. I wish we could still get that shit.....

Marijuana overdose???

Hardly. I'll say this though.. every 40+ I've ever met that was a chronic and long term pot smoker had the emotional maturity level of a 16 yo.

Children

Adults

Marijuana overdose

Nausea and vomiting
An increased heart rates

AllAboutCounseling.com

Marijuana overdose???

This will be of great comfort to the people in jail for poisoning others with marijuana, including animals.

Unless you think that poisoning by marijuana should also be legal. Then rufies should also be legal.

Come to think of it, should drugs like GHB be illegal! No one is harmed. The women have sex, that's it. They aren't hurt. They don't even really know so why not legalize GHB?

I have never seen anyone high on pot get into a bar fight, driving the wrong way on the freeway is another story. So is driving about 15 miles an hour on the freeway. I've seen more than a few fires started by the pot addled. By far the most prevalent crime of pot users is child neglect and endangerment.
You are referencing extreme examples of marijuana abuse -- the exception in fact and certainly not the rule. And if marijuana were not available to this personality type they would be using another, probably more dangerous, intoxicant.

An analogy to this kind of presentation would be referencing narcs who steal money from dealers, cops who are alcoholics and drug addicts, cops who are on the take, and on and on. Exceptions, not the rule. And the bottom line is marijuana abusers are far less detrimental to society than are alcoholics.

Children

Adults

Marijuana overdose

Nausea and vomiting
An increased heart rates

AllAboutCounseling.com

Marijuana overdose???

This will be of great comfort to the people in jail for poisoning others with marijuana, including animals.

Unless you think that poisoning by marijuana should also be legal. Then rufies should also be legal.

Gosh, how many people are in jail for "Marijuana Poisoning" these day?

Why do you blindly accept fascism?

The difference is that some drugs are arbitrarily called illegal and some aren't.

Marijuana overdose???

It's a simple question, IF marijuana is legal, would you support prosecuting people who knowingly poison others with marijuana. If a child inadvertently eats pot laced cookies and ends up in the hospital, should the person who gave the child the cookies be prosecuted for poisoning. Same as with an animal, or with a group at the senior citizens center. Or, is this fascism? Marijuana is so harmless that slipping some in someone's food is just making them happy. It beneficial so no harm even if they get sick.

Do you support giving unsuspecting people GHB too? It won't even make someone sick.

It's a simple question, IF marijuana is legal, would you support prosecuting people who knowingly poison others with marijuana. If a child inadvertently eats pot laced cookies and ends up in the hospital, should the person who gave the child the cookies be prosecuted for poisoning. Same as with an animal, or with a group at the senior citizens center. Or, is this fascism? Marijuana is so harmless that slipping some in someone's food is just making them happy. It beneficial so no harm even if they get sick.

Do you support giving unsuspecting people GHB too? It won't even make someone sick.

Do you support someone giving an unsuspecting person alcohol?

Ever drink spiked punch and not know it?

You don't have the right to put anything in anyone else's food whether the substance is legal or not.

Children

Adults

Marijuana overdose

Nausea and vomiting
An increased heart rates

AllAboutCounseling.com

Marijuana overdose???

Hardly. I'll say this though.. every 40+ I've ever met that was a chronic and long term pot smoker had the emotional maturity level of a 16 yo.

Any seasoned smoker wouldn't let someone like you know they've smoked all their life.

I have never seen anyone high on pot get into a bar fight, driving the wrong way on the freeway is another story. So is driving about 15 miles an hour on the freeway. I've seen more than a few fires started by the pot addled. By far the most prevalent crime of pot users is child neglect and endangerment.
You are referencing extreme examples of marijuana abuse -- the exception in fact and certainly not the rule. And if marijuana were not available to this personality type they would be using another, probably more dangerous, intoxicant.

An analogy to this kind of presentation would be referencing narcs who steal money from dealers, cops who are alcoholics and drug addicts, cops who are on the take, and on and on. Exceptions, not the rule. And the bottom line is marijuana abusers are far less detrimental to society than are alcoholics.

My step graddaughter was so potted out that she watched her two year old get run over by a car. She didn't even realize it was her kid. She's not an abuser, she considers herself a casual user.

My step graddaughter was so potted out that she watched her two year old get run over by a car. She didn't even realize it was her kid. She's not an abuser, she considers herself a casual user.

So if she was drunk you'd be all for making alcohol illegal?

news flash: your step whatever was responsible not the drug. put the blame where it belongs.

Do you support someone giving an unsuspecting person alcohol?

Ever drink spiked punch and not know it?

You don't have the right to put anything in anyone else's food whether the substance is legal or not.

Exactly.

I'm sorry to hear that but similar things happen with alcohol, people drive drunk with their kids in the car and get into accidents, one mother was so drunk in Missouri someone came into the house and kidnapped her kid, the people are to blame, not the substance.

I'm sorry to hear that but similar things happen with alcohol, people drive drunk with their kids in the car and get into accidents, one mother was so drunk in Missouri someone came into the house and kidnapped her kid, the people are to blame, not the substance.

Of course it's the people! That's what the problem is. Too many people who want to get high. My step granddaughter is a slut anyway. Her daughter wasn't killed, but her leg was crushed. The slut refused medical care because with a disabled child her welfare would increase. More welfare, more pot.

Of course it's the people! That's what the problem is. Too many people who want to get high. My step granddaughter is a slut anyway. Her daughter wasn't killed, but her leg was crushed. The slut refused medical care because with a disabled child her welfare would increase. More welfare, more pot.

Your step grand daughter should marry my brother, they sound like they are perfect for each other.

If a child inadvertantly eats pot laced cookies you want to procecute the person who gave it.....wait a minute, this is one of them trick questions isn't it, do you know the meaning of inadvertant?

But for the record and contrary to what you just posted about me, I don't support giving anyone(or creature) any substance without their knowledge(including the Date Rape Drug GHB). Depends on the circumstances and if anyone wants to press charges. Children should not be allowed near any medicine.

Marijuana in not harmless.

The war on Americans who use non government approved substances is fascism. Anyone who support it supports fascism.

Come to think of it, should drugs like GHB be illegal! No one is harmed. The women have sex, that's it. They aren't hurt. They don't even really know so why not legalize GHB?

If you try I'm sure you can say something even stupider than that!

Forum List

Back