"Diet Mayonaise,......Ugh!

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
My dear sweet wife is helping me diet. I was 218 lbs around Christmas, and today, I'm 200.5 lbs.! We're eating stir-fried veggies, more chicken and fish, and less beef, and pratically no pork. It's been hard, but the gradual weight loss has been my encouragement to stick to the diet. I have basically cut out ice cream and cookies.....my big weakness. Now my goal is around 185 lbs. .

Mayonaise: My wife just picked up some low fat mayonaise, and this is really making it tough with my sandwiches. Regular mayonaise was my little treat in a sandwich.

Question: Why can't they make low fat stuff taste like it's rich with fat, just so a guy/gal can have a little fun!

This low fat mayonaise doesn't even spread like the regular stuff.

What's a guy to do? :bangheads

I was losing weight on the regular mayonaise. I'm 57 years old, a little under 6'1", and have a medium frame.

Hey, they sent people to the moon over 30 years ago.

Can't they make low fat stuff taste like it's got fat in it??? :bangheads :bangheads :bangheads

Eightball said:
My dear sweet wife is helping me diet. I was 218 lbs around Christmas, and today, I'm 200.5 lbs.! We're eating stir-fried veggies, more chicken and fish, and less beef, and pratically no pork. It's been hard, but the gradual weight loss has been my encouragement to stick to the diet. I have basically cut out ice cream and cookies.....my big weakness. Now my goal is around 185 lbs. .

Mayonaise: My wife just picked up some low fat mayonaise, and this is really making it tough with my sandwiches. Regular mayonaise was my little treat in a sandwich.

Question: Why can't they make low fat stuff taste like it's rich with fat, just so a guy/gal can have a little fun!

This low fat mayonaise doesn't even spread like the regular stuff.

What's a guy to do? :bangheads

I was losing weight on the regular mayonaise. I'm 57 years old, a little under 6'1", and have a medium frame.

Hey, they sent people to the moon over 30 years ago.

Can't they make low fat stuff taste like it's got fat in it??? :bangheads :bangheads :bangheads
Same thing with Sugar substitute and Diet Cola

no1tovote4 said:
You get used to it, then regular stuff tastes weird when it is served to you.
I don't think I'd want to get used to it.

That's like someone trying to teach you another way to fart...

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I don't think I'd want to get used to it.

That's like someone trying to teach you another way to fart...

Yeah, it's the sux. I am just glad we have the kids, I get regular stuff on a regular basis now.

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, it's the sux. I am just glad we have the kids, I get regular stuff on a regular basis now.
AMEN...
You can always fall back on the kids for the goods.

Easter candy (not you of course no1)
Birthday candy
Cookies
Happy meals
Soda
Video Games

I use lowfat Best Foods mayo. Love it. Funny thing is, I recently tried the regular and found it too oily. You can buy a little jar to test.

Good luck.

Use Miracle Whip, it tastes better then Mayonnaise and has about a third the fat. Don't get the fat-free Miracle Whip though, it ain't all that bad but it isn't the real deal.

Hey, you all give me hope.

So if I can just get used to it.......I'll like it?

So if the common good is greater than the common bad, I'll learn to appreciate it? ;)

Eightball said:
Hey, you all give me hope.

So if I can just get used to it.......I'll like it?

So if the common good is greater than the common bad, I'll learn to appreciate it? ;)

LOL. To each according to his need....

You are complaining about low fat mayonaise? It tastes so much better than the fatty stuff. Thats stuff is just plain yuck.

Am i the only one who gets really sick from fatty stuff like mayonaise, whole milk, oilly potato chips, soda. i just just makes my stomach upset and i dunno its just kinda sick eating some of that stuff. fat is sweet but it doesnt taste terribly great.

But then im weird.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Hey,
I got one for ya....
Why isn't spicy food as hot going in as it is out???

I love to eat spicy food. There is no saliva on the way out to thin out the oils that make things spicy.

Our family calls that blowing holes in the water.

no1tovote4 said:
I love to eat spicy food. There is no saliva on the way out to thin out the oils that make things spicy.

Our family calls that blowing holes in the water.
How about after it passes through all of the saliva and digestive fluids???
Shouldn't that kick it down some???

JOKER96BRAVO said:
How about after it passes through all of the saliva and digestive fluids???
Shouldn't that kick it down some???

No, it would actually compact it some. The Large Intestines remove the liquids the body can use, leaving behind only the oil that actually causes the burn.

no1tovote4 said:
No, it would actually compact it some. The Large Intestines remove the liquids the body can use, leaving behind only the oil that actually causes the burn.
Ahhh,
If only I could get that burn on the way in...

Forum List

Back