Diebold now admits serious flaw in ALL software

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
even the current versions - even the ones that were to replace faulty versions -

Even the audit log system on current versions of Premier Election Solutions' (formerly Diebold's) electronic voting and tabulating systems --- used in some 34 states across the nation --- fail to record the wholesale deletion of ballots. Even when ballots are deleted on the same day as an election. That's the shocking admission heard today from Justin Bales, Premier's Western Region manager, at a State of California public hearing on the possible decertification of Diebold/Premier's tabulator system, GEMS v. 1.18.19.

The BRAD BLOG : Diebold Admits Audit Logs in ALL Versions of Their Software Fail to Record Ballot Deletions

And the amount that we paid for Help America Vote Act? 4 Billion. That is 20 times the amount of these AIG bonuses.

CLARIFICATION: Our original headline was somewhat clumsily worded as: "Diebold Admits ALL Versions of Their Software Delete Ballots Without Notice". In fact, while ballots can be deleted by administrators, from all versions, without being noted in the audit logs, at this time we're only aware of versions 1.18.19, 1.18.20, 1.18.21, 1.18.22 and 1.18.23 doing so automatically (the "deck zero" bug described in the story). All versions of the GEMS software allow the deletion of ballots, which are not necessarily recorded in the audit logs. Though we don't know if, in fact, the software itself deletes those ballots, as we know that it does in the versions mentioned above. We apologize for any unintended confusion to readers.

Welcome.

By the way I at times get a little testy with people acting like vote fraud hasn't been going on since the ancient Greeks first started holding elections. And that mistakes haven't been part of the same process for as long.

Welcome.

By the way I at times get a little testy with people acting like vote fraud hasn't been going on since the ancient Greeks first started holding elections. And that mistakes haven't been part of the same process for as long.

You have to get your facts straight. Since a Democrat won this time, What voter fraud?:lol:

Back to a more pertinent part of the story.

If the major vote software used in this country allows admins to delete ballots on election day without any trail of the deletion in the audit log, is that a reason for concern?

(especially since we now have a terrorist in office.... ;) )

If the major vote software used in this country allows admins to delete ballots on election day without any trail of the deletion in the audit log, is that a reason for concern?

Is it? As historically politically corrupt as this Nation is? Need you ask? I don't trust either side. I'm just not sure what the solution is.

and just what percent of the vote even used that software?

We should have open ballots.

Just like the unions want.
and again, most conservatives were opposed to this crap back just after the 2000 election when it was the DEMOCRATS screaming for this stuff

So that's how Obama won...

If it gets both sides on this issue then I am all for that line of thinking.

If? Why wouldn't it? Obama is a virtual unknown with little experience who can't speak without a teleprompter. It's not too difficult to see what happened.
it wouldnt have made a difference in the outcome
not enough areas actually use them
to blame any election loss on the machines is a copout

Is it? As historically politically corrupt as this Nation is? Need you ask? I don't trust either side. I'm just not sure what the solution is.

Go back to paper ballots and count them manually. After voters vote, shoot them so they can't vote again. That should solve all of these problems.

Go back to paper ballots and count them manually. After voters vote, shoot them so they can't vote again. That should solve all of these problems.
the optical scan ballots seem to be the best option to me
but no, the dems wanted these electronic machines
now they got everyone to buy em they want to bitch about em
if they had just used common sense like we conservatives were doing, they wouldnt have this mess now

My recollection is that 34 states use Diebold but I can't find a link at the moment. I believe that almost every state uses electronic voting, and moreover multiple states' results can be fed into a central tabulator where additional shenanigans can occur. This is all recollection, but it is probably on bradblog or velvetrevolution or blackboxvoting.

The new item here is another in a long string of outrages. The audit log is meant to audit activity. It is odd to say the least that it doesn't record deletions. Why bother having it in that case?

It was sponsored by an R who was in cahoots with Abramoff, and who later resigned under very embarassing conditions and whose aides clamed he would start drinking on the job in the morning.

Forum List

Back