Diebold admits programming flaw

I can't post links yet. I said where it came from.

It's at the movie

freeforall
com

Watch it, it's free and has some funny lines. Definite left slant, but still highly recommended.

I can't post links yet. I said where it came from.

It's at the movie

freeforall
com

Watch it, it's free and has some funny lines. Definite left slant, but still highly recommended.

Seriously---if I wanted to learn the truth about anything, why would I go see some movie that you yourself say is slanted ?

It is a decent movie. It follows the events in Ohio and references all of them. It is packed with information, interviews, and investigative reporting. A decent percentage of the footage is from election officials fairly high up (secretary of state level) and from congressional hearings. Since everything is referenced everything can be immediately checked (google) if you doubt something.

This issue is so big (in other words there are so many problems that have been reported and so many conflicts of interest, so many results that are questionable, lost votes, flipped votes, corrupt code, easy-to-hack, etc) that it is hard to have a simple thread that discusses it without getting all tangled up in itself. The issue of election fraud (from vote suppression to electronic voting) is like a giant amoeba :) . A green, gloopy, gross, giant amoeba. Just when you think you get a handle on it it slimes away.
:)

So, this movie is a very good summary. And I recommend it. It goes in order from the 2000 elections to the 2004 elections and focuses on florida and ohio, and hits all the major issues that people complained about.

Personally, I don't mind watching something with a left or a right slant because there is usually still useful information in between the biased stuff. But it's no skin off my back if no one wants to watch it, I would be surprised if anyone did because like you said (I think it was you, on the immigration thread), and I agree, Americans are too darn lazy! :) I doubt anyone will take the time to have a look.

It is a decent movie. It follows the events in Ohio and references all of them. It is packed with information, interviews, and investigative reporting. A decent percentage of the footage is from election officials fairly high up (secretary of state level) and from congressional hearings. Since everything is referenced everything can be immediately checked (google) if you doubt something.

This issue is so big (in other words there are so many problems that have been reported and so many conflicts of interest, so many results that are questionable, lost votes, flipped votes, corrupt code, easy-to-hack, etc) that it is hard to have a simple thread that discusses it without getting all tangled up in itself. The issue of election fraud (from vote suppression to electronic voting) is like a giant amoeba :) . A green, gloopy, gross, giant amoeba. Just when you think you get a handle on it it slimes away.

So, this movie is a very good summary. And I recommend it. It goes in order from the 2000 elections to the 2004 elections and focuses on florida and ohio, and hits all the major issues that people complained about.

Personally, I don't mind watching something with a left or a right slant because there is usually still useful information in between the biased stuff. But it's no skin off my back if no one wants to watch it, I would be surprised if anyone did because like you said (I think it was you, on the immigration thread), and I agree, Americans are too darn lazy! :) I doubt anyone will take the time to have a look.

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with laziness and to some of us the issue is fairly common knowlege anyway---My question still stands---if a either party is convinced that they are being screwed by this system, WHY ARE THEY STILL USING IT ?

I don't know the answer to that. Obviously any politician that gains from it has a vested interest in keeping it. If those politicians chair the relevant committees the issue will never come before them. And, it seems like a lot of criminal stuff in government takes years to get resolved (ex the libby thing, and that still doesn't seem all wrapped up). It could be that there is nothing illegal, technically, in what they have done.

Still, in some cases the technology has been thrown out, like here in california our new sec of state threw out diebold for this fall.

There was a blog that mentioned that Rove threatened a guy that he had to take the fall for 2004 election fraud. I'll see if I can find it. If Rove, and Bush, and by extension any high ranking official, got into office by fraudulent means, then of course they'll try to keep it under wraps. The only way to get the machines thrown out, if there is a problem, which I believe there really is, is to make sure that the guy who wouldn't have benefited actually gets elected.

That's what happened when Strickland won the governorship of Ohio, instead of Blackwell. That's why Brunnell is now sec of state, and why Diebold is being scrutinized and sued. Repeat this on the national level and maybe there will be some proper reform, that has nothing to do with bribery from Abramoff.

(BTW some people are lazy when it comes to learning about this kind of stuff, although it's nice that so many people here at least seem to have given it a lot of thought. )

Last edited:
OK, this is not a very good source as it is not properly referenced. So don't skewer me for it. Think about it as something to keep an eye on, not something to swallow whole.

But it sort of addresses your question about throwing the technology out.

Buoyed by an ineffective House Judiciary Committee under the control of gatekeeping staffers working for committee Chairman John Conyers, Karl Rove has effectively curtailed any effective investigation of past election fraud, including the 2004 presidential election, as a result of threats and intimidations directed against potential Republican Party witnesses.

WMR has learned from informed sources in Ohio and Alabama, that Rove is concerned that a huge GOP technical election “flipping” operation will be revealed that will result in a series of prosecutions and at least one impeachment of a federal judge, a political ally of Rove.

To find this, go to google news, and type in Rove Connell. It's just an op-ed piece, so you may want to ignore it.

um, what year was that?
and i bet a lot of those people are democrats ;)

Actually your wrong... they were democrats at the time but some pin head liberal decided to give them cats some civil rights.. After that, they joined the GOP... Dont believe me.. Check this out ..StateMaster - Lynchings > Black (most recent) by state

Those are your people there water boy...

More recent GOP shinanigans..
Workers World Aug. 3, 2000: West Virginia lynching of gay Black man sparks protest
A Cry in Mississippi: 'Stop the Lynching Now!'
The lynching of Genarlow Wilson, continued. | Iowa Liberal
racismreview.com Blog Archive Jasper, Texas: 10 Years After a Racist Murder
ABC News: Cops Use Cruisers to Mow Down Suspects

Caligirl, the great thing about the world today is that because of the internet, it is very hard to hide the truth.

You keep digging, girlfriend!

Such systems could allow voters and poll workers to place multiple votes, crash the systems by loading viruses, and fake vote tallies, according to studies commissioned by the states of California and Ohio within the past year. Makers of these systems have countered that the test settings were unrealistic. But that is not helping election officials sleep better at night.
There are some good links in association as well...

Planning to E-Vote? Read This First: Scientific American

Caligirl, the great thing about the world today is that because of the internet, it is very hard to hide the truth.

You keep digging, girlfriend!
the internet also makes it easier to spread lies
like the bullshit you and she are spreading

Actually your wrong... they were democrats at the time but some pin head liberal decided to give them cats some civil rights.. After that, they joined the GOP... Dont believe me.. Check this out ..StateMaster - Lynchings > Black (most recent) by state

Those are your people there water boy...

More recent GOP shinanigans..
Workers World Aug. 3, 2000: West Virginia lynching of gay Black man sparks protest
A Cry in Mississippi: 'Stop the Lynching Now!'
The lynching of Genarlow Wilson, continued. | Iowa Liberal
racismreview.com Blog Archive Jasper, Texas: 10 Years After a Racist Murder
ABC News: Cops Use Cruisers to Mow Down Suspects

Your people? What people are you talking about?

Forum List

Back