Didn't vote for Barack Obama because I know he would have change the world

YOU ARE AN IDIOT! Quit posting lies or go get a job with FOX and do it for a living! You evidently did not read any of the links that were posted.

You are quoting, do you have a link?

If you're going to post stuff like that, I'm simply not going to bother. I expect better from you.

Huh? IF Allie can, then we can all learn, right? IF NOT, well, then SNOPES and your post stands.

Yes, the first thing you see when you go to the link:
JOHN SEMMENS: Semi-News -- A Satirical Look at Recent News

satire (Is not a lie!) It's: Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice.

I love sarcasm. (Didn't think that putting truth with sarcasm would confuse so many intelligent people!!!!)

I find it Funny that something so obvious, so many have a problem with it. No one pissed and moaned about the facts.

Obama tells lies, and that is the truth!!

Get over your selves!! :razz:

I figure she posted an out and out lie... not opinion; not oh... acceptance of a version of something that purports to be true... but an outright pathetic lie.

I figure she deserves to be called on it, don't you.

And I just know you weren't calling *me* a liar, right? :eusa_hand:

I think calling someone a liar with no evidence to support the accusation is lame. Simple as that. Tell me, WHO on this board that actually uses articles/links in their arguments has NOT at least once or twice posted some misinformation?

No one. That's who. Don't know how y'all do it up North, but down here where us heathen Southerners and our "strategy" live, we still have this thing called personal integrity and calling someone a liar without evidence will still get your ass kicked for you.

And calling someone a liar for believing something other than what you do means everybody on this board can call everyone else liars. The word loses its meaning when it isn't used only where it applies.

I think calling someone a liar with no evidence to support the accusation is lame. Simple as that. Tell me, WHO on this board that actually uses articles/links in their arguments has NOT at least once or twice posted some misinformation?

No one. That's who. Don't know how y'all do it up North, but down here where us heathen Southerners and our "strategy" live, we still have this thing called personal integrity and calling someone a liar without evidence will still get your ass kicked for you.

And calling someone a liar for believing something other than what you do means everybody on this board can call everyone else liars. The word loses its meaning when it isn't used only where it applies.

Sorry kiddo... there are certain arbiters of truth. Snopes is one of them. It was proven that she lied. And I will call her a liar when she is.

Sorry kiddo... there are certain arbiters of truth. Snopes is one of them. It was proven that she lied. And I will call her a liar when she is.

It was proven she lied? Or posted misinformation? If you are going use the term liar, let's cut to the chase ...

How many times are the same questions going to be asked about Obama and the same "racist," "Southern Strategy," attempting to compare McCain accepting the endorsement of religious organizations with Obama's pastor and personal friend, and just any other deflection that comes to mind must we endure before someone actually answers the freakin' questions honestly?

If you're going to call someone believing something different than you a liar, you need to be prepared to be called the same. It is however, in fact, an improper us of the word.

And you rely too much on Snopes as the be-all end-all answer. You've tried to use it twice against me and both times it supported MY argument, not yours.

No single source -- not even Snopes -- is th final authority on anything.

And just to clarify: I'm not calling ANYONE a liar. I am addressing the issue of calling people liars for posting misinformation, or believing differently than others.

Obviously, someone should have done her homework. There are other names for THAT more appropriate than one that is not supported by any evidence.

And just to clarify: I'm not calling ANYONE a liar. I am addressing the issue of calling people liars for posting misinformation, or believing differently than others.

Obviously, someone should have done her homework. There are other names for THAT more appropriate than one that is not supported by any evidence.

I guess one has to accept that it's just not doing homework. OK... we can do that. I hope RGS learns to stop calling people liars for posting *accurate* information that he just doesn't like. ;)

But fair enough. :cool:

I guess one has to accept that it's just not doing homework. OK... we can do that. I hope RGS learns to stop calling people liars for posting *accurate* information that he just doesn't like. ;)

But fair enough. :cool:

Note: I did not say you can't. I just voiced my opinion on using that particular accusation. Words have meanings, and "liar" has a specific meaning. That word still has impact in my world, so I have a strong opinion on it.

Reputation in the construction industry is everything. It means whether or not you get the work. If you are known as a liar, you go hungry. So "we" are VERY careful how we use it.

That's where I'm coming from on the subject.

It doesn't matter who is doing it. I hold the same standard for everyone.

satire (Is not a lie!) It's: Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice.

I love sarcasm. (Didn't think that putting truth with sarcasm would confuse so many intelligent people!!!!) Putting false words in Obama's statement is not putting truth with sarcasm. It is distorting the truth and is a lie if it is claimed he said that.

I find it Funny that something so obvious, so many have a problem with it. No one pissed and moaned about the facts.

Yeah, it's so obvious that most of the sound bite bozos think it true.

Obama tells lies, and that is the truth!!

Get over your selves!!
You need to get over this acceptance of sliming people as okay.

McCain also tells lies. So does Hillary and most politicians. You have probably told a few lies. So your take on this is it's okay to put out a statement like that even if it's not true but will soon achieve the cloak of truth.

These statements are put out for one purpose. They know they will be picked up and overnight become "gospel truth". Planting the seeds of a lie is no better than lying itself. This is the kind of crap that we have come to with the power of the internet.

I know that I will now see this quote being sent across the internet as the truth to defame and "lie" about a candidate.

The same shit with the Muslim line.

The people attacking Obmama like this are liars and cowards. They are not the part of the party that honest people want to be associated with.

You need to get over this acceptance of sliming people as okay.

McCain also tells lies. So does Hillary and most politicians. You have probably told a few lies. So your take on this is it's okay to put out a statement like that even if it's not true but will soon achieve the cloak of truth.

These statements are put out for one purpose. They know they will be picked up and overnight become "gospel truth". Planting the seeds of a lie is no better than lying itself. This is the kind of crap that we have come to with the power of the internet.

I know that I will now see this quote being sent across the internet as the truth to defame and "lie" about a candidate.

The same shit with the Muslim line.

The people attacking Obmama like this are liars and cowards. They are not the part of the party that honest people want to be associated with.

Nice attack job. Problem with it is, you are making a correlation that does not exist and assuming a position for me that I have not taken.

You would understand the motive of articles like this as well as anyone. Perpetuating the lie is SOP with the left. Y'all are the best and most relentless propaganda machine I've ever seen.

However, I have not and do not defend presenting the article as fact. If you recall, when it was first posted on this board as a legitimate article I actually commented on it, and corrected myself for doing so once I was informed it was not a legit article. Some people can be wrong or make mistakes, admit it, live with it, and move on.

So that kind of blows your little theory as far as I am concerned.

As I told someone else, you're going to reap what you sow. No crying. Every time you see something like this you just need to remember one thing: "Bush this .... Bush that .... yada, yada, yada ...."

I don't condone it, and I will not defend it. BUT, you deserve it.

The fact that when it was about Bush it raised issues relevant to his ability to govern and his lying in the governmental process was irrelevnt to the right. But they spent, what? 60 million investigating a BJ? pfffffffffft...

and as I told someone else, impeaching the most popular democratic president in my lifetime wasn't exactly sending valentine's wishes.

The fact that when it was about Bush it raised issues relevant to his ability to govern and his lying in the governmental process was irrelevnt to the right. But they spent, what? 60 million investigating a BJ? pfffffffffft...

and as I told someone else, impeaching the most popular democratic president in my lifetime wasn't exactly sending valentine's wishes.

LMAO. I bet THAT was hard. The most popular Democrat President in your lifetime? All two of them? Or did you happen to appear on the scene at the end of the Johnson administration?:rofl:

Not a hard choice THERE. Clinton vs a bumbling fool and the guy who is unfairly remembered only for the Vietnam War.

The current BS and hate didn't start with impeaching Clinton. That's remembering only what you want to. It started with a former President (Carter) criticising a sitting President (Reagan) in public for the first time since Teddy Roosevelt, followed by Iran-Contra.

So just to make it clear for you ... I didn't agree with Carter ... I didn't agree with Iran-Contra as far as the smearing of Reagan without evidence went ... I didn't agree with sidetracking the Whitewater investigation to investigate a blowjob, and I don't agree with the "Bush lied ..." bullshit that is mostly NOT about anything relevant.

I don't agree with rubbish such as the article in question. I consider crap like that counterproductive. Obama doesn't stand up to any REAL scrutiny in his own right. Who needs to lie?

It's rather obvious however there are those on both sides of the aisle who make a living off of the hate and divisiveness, just as there are those that believe the bullshit. Just as there are those who can't even answer simple questions without claiming their candidate is being bashed, or resorting to deflective accusations that don;t address the questions. Just as there are CLEAR, some completely delusional double standards where scrutiny is concerned.

But that's okay. Those career politicians being supported so avidely love us at each other's throats. It keeps us from looking at what THEY are doing, or I should say NOT doing. They won't have to worry about retirement.

Perpetuating lies is SOP for the left.

How far up your butt is your brain, Gunny? That has got to be the most partisan crap I have read you post. The Right has a spin machine that is unmatched in history. Rove it, Gunny.

Perpetuating lies is SOP for the left.

How far up your butt is your brain, Gunny? That has got to be the most partisan crap I have read you post. The Right has a spin machine that is unmatched in history. Rove it, Gunny.

Guess my response will be to ask you the same thing.

And thanks for making me almost choke on my coffee and spew it all over my PC. The right has a spin machine that is unmatched in history.:rofl:

GMAFB. When it comes to spreading "fertilizer," the right is a mere novice in comparison to the juggernaut combine the left drives.

You probably just can't see that what with you being so being a part of the problem.

Forum List

Back