Didn't they first claim he died in a shootout?

He's lucky he wasn't caught in NYC. By the time we were done with him..he'd be praying for a bullet to the eye.

With all due respect - FUCK YOU.

So... fuck me because executing an unarmed man is heroic and stopping the next terrorist attack by interrogating OBL for intel would be a bad thing? :eusa_eh:

Yup...he didn't seem to care that 3000 people in the WTC were unarmed and unable to protect themselves! Or the people in the plane that crashed...did they have a choice? And my son is right now in training with Special Forces and i'm very offended that you would call them cowards...i'd like to see you go through the shit they have to!

Now our cowardly troops kill an unarmed man in cold blood? Is our bloodlust so much that we didn't care if he might possess intel we could get through interrogation that could prevent the next attack?

Osama bin Laden was unarmed when U.S. special forces shot him dead, the White House said

So much for being heroes...

I think calling the folks who did that operation "cowardly" is a bit much.

After a firefight that lasted an hour (before they even got to Osama) there wasn't any COLD BLOOD in that room.

I'm glad they killed him.

Had I been giving the orders I'd have ordered him killed, not captured.

Not out of revenge, but to avoid the shitstorm of terror acts that would follow if he'd been captured and tried.

Personally I think that this OP was a complete success.

And giving Osama a burial at sea was exactly the right thing to do, too.

Last edited:
Now our cowardly troops kill an unarmed man in cold blood? Is our bloodlust so much that we didn't care if he might possess intel we could get through interrogation that could prevent the next attack?

Osama bin Laden was unarmed when U.S. special forces shot him dead, the White House said

Navy Seals were cowardly....................? :anj_stfu:

The assault force of Navy SEALs snatched a trove of computer drives and disks during their weekend raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound, yielding what a U.S. official called “the mother lode of intelligence.”

The special operations forces grabbed personal computers, thumb drives and electronic equipment during the lightning raid that killed bin Laden, officials told POLITICO.

Osama bin Laden raid yields trove of computer data - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Asked about the final confrontation with bin Laden, Panetta said: “I don’t think he had a lot of time to say anything.” The CIA chief told PBS NewsHour, “It was a firefight going up that compound. ... I think it - this was all split-second action on the part of the SEALs.”

Panetta said that bin Laden made “some threatening moves that were made that clearly represented a clear threat to our guys. And that’s the reason they fired.”

Northwest Herald | CIA: ‘They had full authority to kill’

navy-seals.jpg

He's lucky he wasn't caught in NYC. By the time we were done with him..he'd be praying for a bullet to the eye.

Why? Ben Laden wasn't wanted by the FBI for 9/11.

CAUTION
Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.
FBI — USAMA BIN LADEN

JIM LEHRER: What did you find out then or since about whether or not Osama bin Laden said anything to the American SEAL commandos?

LEON PANETTA: To be frank, I don't think he had a lot of time to say anything. It was a firefight going up that compound. And by the time they got to the third floor and found bin Laden, I think it - this was all split-second action on the part of the SEALs.

JIM LEHRER: Was Osama bin Laden armed? Was he shooting back at the SEALs?

LEON PANETTA: I don't believe so. But obviously, there were some firefights that were going on as these guys were making their way up the staircase in that compound. And when they got up there, there were some threatening moves that were made that clearly represented a clear threat to our guys. And that's the reason they fired.

JIM LEHRER: And they had orders to fire. In other words, it was clear - it was fine with the United States government that they went in and shot this guy, right?

LEON PANETTA: The authority here was to kill bin Laden. And obviously, under the rules of engagement, if he had in fact thrown up his hands, surrendered and didn't appear to be representing any kind of threat, then they were to capture him. But they had full authority to kill him.

JIM LEHRER: And but as far as you know, there was no communication - verbal communication - between Osama bin Laden and the American SEALs.

LEON PANETTA: Yeah, Jim, not that I'm aware of. But obviously, we're still getting the feedback from the SEALs themselves as to just exactly what took place during that mission. But as far as I know, there was no communication.

JIM LEHRER: What was the size of the American commando team? How many people actually went on the ground in that compound?

LEON PANETTA: There were 25 people that went on the ground. They were carried in two Blackhawk helicopters that went in. The approach was that those helicopters would go in. The first one would go over a courtyard in the compound. That group would rappel down to the ground and move into the compound - that the other helicopter would ultimately go over the roof of the compound and that a group would then rappel onto the roof of that compound.

What happened was that as the first helicopter had those problems and had to set down on the ground, the other helicopter made the decision not to go over the roof but to set down so that both helicopters sat on the ground and both teams immediately went into the compound itself. They had to breach about three or four walls in order to get in there. They were able to do that. And they immediately then went into the compound itself and fought their way up to the third floor.

JIM LEHRER: Now, there were a lot of rehearsals. These SEAL teams -- this SEAL team went through several rehearsals before doing this, right?

LEON PANETTA: Yes. You know, Jim, I think the thing that gave me a degree of confidence for all the risks and uncertainties that were involved in this mission, the thing that gave me the greatest sense of confidence was the fact that these teams conduct these kinds of operations two and three times a night in Afghanistan. They've got tremendous experience with how to do this and do it well. And so, you know, they moved in on the same basis moving against this compound that they do almost every night in Afghanistan. And I think that gave us all some sense of confidence that they knew exactly what they had to do and what problems they would face in the mission.

JIM LEHRER: Was there a temptation to not take that risk with troops and go ahead and just bomb the place with drones or something else?

CIA Chief Panetta: Obama Made 'Gutsy' Decision on Bin Laden Raid | PBS NewsHour | May 3, 2011 | PBS

Just who the fuck are you?! Not one AMERICAN troop is a coward, NOT ONE. I don't see you taking your fat gutless ass out there, away from family for months, years at a time.. living in the desert sometimes without a shower for days.. eating MRE's, facing weather extremes, all so you can spew your worthless BULLSHIT. If you want to see a coward, LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Both the troops and President Obama showed courage in taking out Bin Laden and deserve credit for it.

:rolleyes:

Besides, bin Laden, the two al-Qaida facilitators - who were the courier, his son Khalid and a woman presumed to be his wife, who was shielding bin Laden, died in yesterday's pre-dawn operations.

"She served as a shield; again, this is my understanding. And we're still getting the reports of exactly what happened at particular moments.

"She fought back when there was an opportunity to get to bin Laden; she was positioned in a way that indicated that she was being used as a shield, whether or not bin Laden or the son or whatever put her there or she put herself there,"
Deputy National Security Advisor for Counterterrorism and Homeland Security John Brennan told reporters at the White House.

"That's again my understanding, that she met her demise, and my understanding is that she was one of bin Laden's wives," he added.

Laden hid behind his wife during US forces raid: White House - Times Of India

WASHINGTON -- White House Press Secretary Jay Carney spent Tuesday correcting misstatements by administration officials on Osama bin Laden’s final moments before he was gunned down Sunday.

“We provided a great deal of information with great haste in order to inform you … about the operation,” Carney said during a briefing, in a concession that administration officials have erred in their details of the raid on bin Laden's compound outside of Islamabad, Pakistan. “Obviously some of the information came in piece by piece and is being reviewed and updated and elaborated on.”

Reading from a script carefully crafted by the Defense Department, Carney clarified that bin Laden was not armed with a gun when he was killed, contrary to some reports that he fired back at U.S. military operatives. In addition, White House counterinsurgency adviser John Brennan was wrong when he suggested Monday that one of bin Laden’s wives was killed serving as a human shield for bin Laden during gunfire.

“In the room with bin Laden, a woman -- bin Laden’s wife -- rushed the U.S. assaulter and was shot in the leg but not killed. Bin Laden was then shot and killed. He was not armed,” Carney said. Separately, another woman on the first floor was killed in crossfire, which may have led to Brennan's misstatement.

White House Revises Account Of Bin Laden's Final Moments

Last edited:

interesting

Obama could be in deep shit for ordering an assasinaton.

But it may not matter. If OBL was standing next to people that were shooting, he may have been killed as a possible target.

I don't care if he'd shown up at the door carrying a case of beers for the boys as they came in and offered them a ton of cash to take him quietly.

I fully expected the outcome to be exactly what went down.

With all due respect - FUCK YOU.

So... fuck me because executing an unarmed man is heroic and stopping the next terrorist attack by interrogating OBL for intel would be a bad thing? :eusa_eh:

"they" didn't claim he was armed. That was the WH.

It was a 40-minute shoot out in the house, conducted over two floors and who knows how many rooms. Obama's wife charged them; it wasn't a matter of people standing around and trying to surrender.

He's dead, he's been removed from the mix; now we don't have to deal with the protests during his trial, we don't have the mess of his legal defense, we don't have to deal with his inevitable execution.

This guy was responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents. He's been a marked man for many years, and many of our special forces have died trying to find him. Their mission was to take him out. And they did.

I see no cause for celebration because one man is not the problem, and Osama's absence will do nothing to lessen the threat that is Islam. But as far as calling our guys cowards and pissing and moaning that they didn't risk their lives smuggling him out, that's just crazy.

interesting

Obama could be in deep shit for ordering an assasinaton.

But it may not matter. If OBL was standing next to people that were shooting, he may have been killed as a possible target.

Naw.

First off..you don't send in SEALS to capture people.

Second..Osama Bin Laden was a fugitive.

Third..fuck him.

I don't care if he'd shown up at the door carrying a case of beers for the boys as they came in and offered them a ton of cash to take him quietly.

I fully expected the outcome to be exactly what went down.

Dont get me wrong

I'm releived he's dead myself.

However, if he was captured then executed, as the link claims, that goes against my standards of conduct.

Forum List

Back