Didn't obama a few months back extend his hand to the Russians?

3 . Each Party shall not convert and shall not use ICBM
launchers and SLBM launchers for placement of missile defense
interceptors therein. Each Party further shall not convert
and shall not use launchers of missile defense interceptors
for placement of ICBMs and SLBMs therein. This provision
shall not apply to ICBM launchers that were converted prior to
signature of this Treaty for placement of missile defense
interceptors therein

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/140035.pdf

This might help.....

THE COMPREHENSIVE NUCLEAR TEST-BAN TREATY

ARTICLE I

BASIC OBLIGATIONS

1. Each State Party undertakes not to carry out any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion, and to prohibit and prevent any such nuclear explosion at any place under its jurisdiction or control.

2. Each State Party undertakes, furthermore, to refrain from causing, encouraging, or in any way participating in the carrying out of any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion

On April 21, the lower house of the Russian parliament, the Duma, voted by 298 votes to 74 to approve the ratification of the Comprehensive Test ban Treaty (CTBT). The approval was unconditional and formal accession is expected to take place soon after the Federal Assembly gives its blessing to the move. Russia will join France and the UK as nuclear-weapon state parties. China is expected to follow suit, but US ratification efforts are still reeling from the October 1999 rejection of the Treaty by the Senate. The accord, signed in September 1996, will enter into force upon its ratification by all 44 states listed as possessing nuclear facilities. Russia will be the 30th of these states to accede. Three of the listed countries... India, Pakistan and North Korea... have yet to sign the Treaty.

Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT): Russian Ratification of the CTBT

Underground tests in the United States continued until 1992 (its last nuclear testing), the Soviet Union in 1990, the United Kingdom in 1991, and both China and France in 1996. After signing the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in 1996 (which has as of 2011 not yet entered into force), all of these states have pledged to discontinue all nuclear testing. Non-signatories India and Pakistan last tested nuclear weapons in 1998.

Why are you talking about an agreement signed back in the 90's why not the one obama signed?

I'm talking about both, the new START treaty ;

The START I treaty expired 5 December 2009. On 8 April 2010, the replacement New START treaty was signed in Prague by U.S. President Obama and Russian President Medvedev. Following ratification by the U.S. Senate and the Federal Assembly of Russia, it went into force on 26 January 2011.

The other one I am talking about is the CTBT, which the nations as you read are still under, and that was simply to point out why we as well as Russia no longer conduct nuclear tests. They are done now by supercomputers to test the condition of our weapons systems, as well as to keep the health of those systems in order. The most nuclear test conducted in the world was done in N. Korea to my knowledge.

I think according to your link the last test the U.S. did was in 96. So why if they were serious about arms reduction, why are they testing their nuclear weapons?
to make sure they are not failing and somehow go off? do you drive your car and not do oil changes?

Why test when you are supposed to be disarming?

This might help.....

ARTICLE I

BASIC OBLIGATIONS

1. Each State Party undertakes not to carry out any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion, and to prohibit and prevent any such nuclear explosion at any place under its jurisdiction or control.

2. Each State Party undertakes, furthermore, to refrain from causing, encouraging, or in any way participating in the carrying out of any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion

On April 21, the lower house of the Russian parliament, the Duma, voted by 298 votes to 74 to approve the ratification of the Comprehensive Test ban Treaty (CTBT). The approval was unconditional and formal accession is expected to take place soon after the Federal Assembly gives its blessing to the move. Russia will join France and the UK as nuclear-weapon state parties. China is expected to follow suit, but US ratification efforts are still reeling from the October 1999 rejection of the Treaty by the Senate. The accord, signed in September 1996, will enter into force upon its ratification by all 44 states listed as possessing nuclear facilities. Russia will be the 30th of these states to accede. Three of the listed countries... India, Pakistan and North Korea... have yet to sign the Treaty.

Underground tests in the United States continued until 1992 (its last nuclear testing), the Soviet Union in 1990, the United Kingdom in 1991, and both China and France in 1996. After signing the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in 1996 (which has as of 2011 not yet entered into force), all of these states have pledged to discontinue all nuclear testing. Non-signatories India and Pakistan last tested nuclear weapons in 1998.

Why are you talking about an agreement signed back in the 90's why not the one obama signed?

I'm talking about both, the new START treaty ;

The START I treaty expired 5 December 2009. On 8 April 2010, the replacement New START treaty was signed in Prague by U.S. President Obama and Russian President Medvedev. Following ratification by the U.S. Senate and the Federal Assembly of Russia, it went into force on 26 January 2011.

The other one I am talking about is the CTBT, which the nations as you read are still under, and that was simply to point out why we as well as Russia no longer conduct nuclear tests. They are done now by supercomputers to test the condition of our weapons systems, as well as to keep the health of those systems in order. The most nuclear test conducted in the world was done in N. Korea to my knowledge.
ICBM fall under obamas start treaty.

This might help.....

ARTICLE I

BASIC OBLIGATIONS

because had you read what he posted you could see that it hasnt been forced yet.

What happen to the new start treaty?

to make sure they are not failing and somehow go off? do you drive your car and not do oil changes?

Why test when you are supposed to be disarming?

Last time. Maintenance....Are you just going to be dense or actually move this conversation along?

The new start treaty signed by obama

interceptors therein

interceptors therein

big, that provision is a simple one, in that if a nation be it the United States or Russia when they dismantle a Rail Mobile system, ground based, or Moblie , or SLBM meaning submarine launched ballistic missile system they will not use the launching platform for missile defense systems like THAD, or any other defense type Missile SAM's or otherwise. Further, it also states that missile defense system launchers will not be converted as well to launch ICBM's or SLBM's . This has nothing to do with upgrades for existing ICBM's

interceptors therein

big, that provision is a simple one, in that if a nation be it the United States or Russia when they dismantle a Rail Mobile system, ground based, or Moblie , or SLBM meaning submarine launched ballistic missile system they will not use the launching platform for missile defense systems like THAD, or any other defense type Missile SAM's or otherwise. Further, it also states that missile defense system launchers will not be converted as well to launch ICBM's or SLBM's . This has nothing to do with upgrades for existing ICBM's
If you say so, I just don't see it that way.

For this discussion before you piss me off I will place you on ignore. See after the adults talk:eusa_whistle:

Running away again. Getting to be a habit with you. What would Marse Robert say?

Nope didn't run away just left the kid to his own devices. What happen to the signature I gave you you even reneged on that. You lying cheating bitch.

Crying, whining AND running away from a debate. You've hit the Trifecta of being a weasley little slug. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

For this discussion before you piss me off I will place you on ignore. See after the adults talk:eusa_whistle:

Running away again. Getting to be a habit with you. What would Marse Robert say?

Nope didn't run away just left the kid to his own devices. What happen to the signature I gave you you even reneged on that. You lying cheating bitch.

You have no room to discuss lying, you narcissistic little butt munch. You're the king of lying on this board.

This OP is a gigantic pile of fear mongering, Cold War Dinosaur, waste of time Pubcrappe. Later much.:lol::lol::lol:

Fear? So what you are telling me is that Russia no longer want to control the world. Is that what you are suggesting?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What happen to the signature? You do realize you reneged on the bet you can't even read the signature. Don't ever expect me to hold any deal up between me and you from here on out.

Forum List

Back