Didn't know where to post this...

SCJaymes

Rookie
Jan 6, 2018
I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis about 17 years ago. The problem began a month ago when I recieved a letter informing me the I was randomly chosen for an evaluation by a doctor to see if I was getting better. I know people out there on disability who are watched then told that they need to be re-evaluated ir something to that tune, so this wasn't unusual to me. What is unusual is the 17 year wait and of course I'm not getting better from a progressive, highly debilitating, painfully tiring muscle waisting mysterious disease. Long story longer, I turned some papers into the local Soc. Sec. Office. There is no record of me having to be seen by a Social Security doctor... I talk to a S.S.D rep. She tells me the same. Meanwhile I recieve a letter stating as of this month, my checks will stop. I panic. I get a lawyer from legal aid who treated me like I had been caught faking this but I've learned to expect that from people who know nothing of MS. I call SS one final time, again, the rep sees nothing of a doctor appointment or my check being taken. January 3rd came and so did my check.
My question is... Is this indicative of how social security works? Main office knows nothing of the branches conduct business? Are the branches supposed to have this kind of power to frieghten people into thinking their only means of income will be snatched from them for whatever reason the brach sees fit? Is this fraud of sone kind? Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this? I have ny check, bill are paid and things got done. I'm still scared! My back is getting to where I can't even step on tbe floor and other things are cropping up and I know it is the stress. What can I do now? I left a message with the fraud hotline because I have no idea what's goin on.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis about 17 years ago. The problem began a month ago when I recieved a letter informing me the I was randomly chosen for an evaluation by a doctor to see if I was getting better. I know people out there on disability who are watched then told that they need to be re-evaluated ir something to that tune, so this wasn't unusual to me. What is unusual is the 17 year wait and of course I'm not getting better from a progressive, highly debilitating, painfully tiring muscle waisting mysterious disease. Long story longer, I turned some papers into the local Soc. Sec. Office. There is no record of me having to be seen by a Social Security doctor... I talk to a S.S.D rep. She tells me the same. Meanwhile I recieve a letter stating as of this month, my checks will stop. I panic. I get a lawyer from legal aid who treated me like I had been caught faking this but I've learned to expect that from people who know nothing of MS. I call SS one final time, again, the rep sees nothing of a doctor appointment or my check being taken. January 3rd came and so did my check.
My question is... Is this indicative of how social security works? Main office knows nothing of the branches conduct business? Are the branches supposed to have this kind of power to frieghten people into thinking their only means of income will be snatched from them for whatever reason the brach sees fit? Is this fraud of sone kind? Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this? I have ny check, bill are paid and things got done. I'm still scared! My back is getting to where I can't even step on tbe floor and other things are cropping up and I know it is the stress. What can I do now? I left a message with the fraud hotline because I have no idea what's goin on.

You should just ignore those letters. If the Social Security office reps don't know anything about it, then it could be some kind of scam. Unfortunately there are those scums out there who will take advantage of anyone, regardless of the situation.

i dont know that i would 'ignore' the letters....i would however make sure its from soc sec and if your checks are stopped...call your congressman or woman and get them involved

i am sorry.....ms is terrible and the meds are terrible...

i dont know that i would 'ignore' the letters....i would however make sure its from soc sec and if your checks are stopped...call your congressman or woman and get them involved

i am sorry.....ms is terrible and the meds are terrible...

Yes, but she shouldn't reply directly to those letters. It could be people just trying to get her information or something.

There are lawyers on t.v. advertising about social security lawsuits all the time. Why don't you just hire one of them ??

Forum List

Back