"Did you watch the president last night?"

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I just got this in an email. I think it is worth sharing. I do believe that many issues concerning health care reform needs to be addressed prior to jumping into something. For one the excessive cost that are being born by insureds and employers are outrageous. The lack of decent facilities in so many areas of the country are also a major problem. The outrageous cost that is inflated so the rich can get richer scheming the public is a major concern for me as well as many others. I have no health security if I get sick. Rod does since he is a vet. He had to have a small repair done on an injury last year at the veterans hospital. They were great. To me it looked like they had a very well run efficient clinic and hospital. If we can keep greedy fingers off the pie long enough to figure this out I think it could be a very good thing. Until they figure out ways to improve the current system I would not want them making a whole new system either. Y'all have banksters and gangsters in charge at the moment. If everyone does not quit their bickering nothing is accomplished that will improve the lives of everyone and the current wealth stripping of every American citizen will continue.

My Friend,

Health Care Reform Petition

Government-run health care is
something we simply cannot afford.
Sign the Petition Today

Sign Today

Last night, during his speech to a joint session of Congress and the nation, President Obama outlined his new proposal for health care reform. While I respect the President's point of view, and hope for an eventual compromise, I believe his proposal amounts to an egregiously expensive and expansive form of government-run health care.

After a month of hosting and attending town hall meetings with my constituents in Arizona and around the country, I know that Americans want health care reform. But what is so very clear to me is that Americans want to reform health care in the right way. I am more convinced than ever that we must fix what is wrong with our health care system while doing no harm to the parts that work well.

This means we need to have malpractice reform, we must emphasize wellness and fitness, give people the option to get the health insurance of their choice and bring the cost of health care under control.

If you agree, that we need to reform health care reform the right way, then I ask you to sign my health care reform petition today by following this link.

I am very troubled by the potential cost of the President's outlined plans. I know that you are very concerned with the national debt and a projected $9 trillion deficit. The prospective cost of the President's plan could reach $2 trillion, and frankly, our country simply cannot afford this price tag.

I will not support heath care reform that adds to the out-of-control spending spree the Democrats in Congress have gone on this year. And I ask you to join me in rejecting the addition of $2 trillion of debt by signing this petition right away

Government-run health care is something we simply cannot afford, and I know that the majority of Americans agree with me that it is not the quality of health care that needs reforming, but the cost. But, I need to know you stand with me. Will you follow this link to sign my petition?

As you know, the Democrats in Washington are doing everything in their power to push through their proposed reform full of political gimmicks. Your action today will send a clear message

to them; we don't want government-run health care. Thank you, my friend, for your support and involvement on this very important national issue.

Thank you,
John McCain

Forum List

Back