Did you vote for liberty or tyranny?

Did you vote for liberty or tyranny?

• I voted for tyranny and my own slavery (Romney, Obama)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I voted for liberty and to be free (Johnson)

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
I voted to end this experiment in progressive liberalism.

Isn't it funny how obama and romney agree on the same ends (more police state, more tyranny, more inflation, etc.) but differ ever so slightly on the means? And you people think it's a big difference. What a joke! In the age of information there's no excuse to be ignorant.

Effectiveness in addressing and providing some solutions for our most serious problems is not tyranny. Pushing/demanding an agenda that does not addresss or even makes worse our most serious problems is tyranny.

There is a clear choice between Romney and Obama when considering these two things.

I voted for the guy who had the best chance of removing this fraudulent failure that is Obama... I voted for Romney. Now if Johnson had a snowballs chance, maybe I'd have voted for him.

Isn't it funny how obama and romney agree on the same ends (more police state, more tyranny, more inflation, etc.) but differ ever so slightly on the means? And you people think it's a big difference. What a joke! In the age of information there's no excuse to be ignorant.

Also, Johnson only needs 5% to make a huge impact in 2016. Completely worth it.

You're assuming that the rules wont be changed. Good luck!

I voted to end this experiment in progressive liberalism.

Effectiveness in addressing and providing some solutions for our most serious problems is not tyranny. Pushing/demanding an agenda that does not addresss or even makes worse our most serious problems is tyranny.

There is a clear choice between Romney and Obama when considering these two things.

Nah, there's not. Both love the patriot act. Both love unending wars and dropping bombs on innocent brown children. Both love the NDAA. both love the TSA. Both love making college administrators rich by allowing guaranteed student loans, both hate the right to keep and bear arms, both use fear to garner support (OMG THE TERRORISTS! THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO PROTECT YOU), both agree that the federal reserve is doing a good job, both agree that its ok for the big banks to get bailed out. Get a clue man, it's a joke.

Also, Romney believes that God lives on planet Kolob. Great choice.

Last edited:
I voted for the guy who had the best chance of removing this fraudulent failure that is Obama... I voted for Romney. Now if Johnson had a snowballs chance, maybe I'd have voted for him.

If they are we will totally go nuts. You're welcome to join us!

I voted for hope and change.

I didn't see that name on the ballot.

I made a smart ass post earlier. Look if you want to do something get together with me tomorrow.

We swung a complete party up here to a true conservative party. We're canucks so apart from hockey you'd look at us as libertarian.:eusa_angel:

But not now. You have to stop this maniac and his crew from retaining power for another four years.

Or you won't have any ability to do so in the future.

I voted for Obama. I don't want Obamacare done away with. I don't want a woman's right to choose to be taken away from her. I don't want the USSC packed with more conservative justices. I don't want a return to 2000-2008, which is what got us in the mess we're in to begin with. I want to be able to deduct mortgage interest payments. I would like to see women given a fair shake when the paycheks are handed out.

There are lots of other reasons why I vosted for Obama - but these come to mind off the top.

I voted for Obama. I don't want Obamacare done away with. I don't want a woman's right to choose to be taken away from her. I don't want the USSC packed with more conservative justices. I don't want a return to 2000-2008, which is what got us in the mess we're in to begin with. I want to be able to deduct mortgage interest payments. I would like to see women given a fair shake when the paycheks are handed out.

There are lots of other reasons why I vosted for Obama - but these come to mind off the top.

And what about the issues that actually matter? The NDAA, the wars, the police state, monetary policy, etc? You know...the things that matter.

Romney would not take away anybody's right to choose. He would take away the requirement that I pay for somebody else's choice. I support that.

I don't want SCOTUS packed with more judges who legislate from the bench which I see as one of the single most threats to all of our freedoms. I trust Romney more than Obama to avoid doing that.

There is no way we will return to the worst of 2000 - 2008 in the hands of a competent administrator who is able to do trouble shooting and problem solving. Obama, on the other hand, has promoted the worst excesses of that period while addrressing none of the problems.

I would guess if you are in the income bracket that might be affected by mortgage deducvtions, you really won't miss having that deduction if it is in fact taken away. The rest of us are guaranteed the deduction in a Romney administration and might actually have a chance to see our property values appreciate again instead of depreciating year after year after year while our property taxes increase.

I would like to see people treated as people and compensated based on ability, experience, and productivity and, as women who are doing the same work as men are currently earning every b it as much or more than their male counterparts, I don't see any reason to worry about that. I am worried about the excessive number of women who have lost all or much of their earning ability under Obama, however.

Up here what had happened and tell me you don't see this in your local races was we had a so called leader that was "Progressive Conservative" aka "Olympia Snow Republican".

He was trading off seats. I discovered this and really became political because it was so disgusting to me.

So he could keep his own seat he'd made a deal with who we call "landslide Annie". He made a deal that they wouldn't run anyone against each other in their districts.

Landslide Annie would have been the equivalent to VP Biden. It took a lot of years, but we changed the party.

Get my drift? But you really better dig in your heels stop running off at the mouth on message boards and learn to rock it.

You could do this. Or go third party. But you would have to start now.

OMG You're fucking nuts.

Up here what had happened and tell me you don't see this in your local races was we had a so called leader that was "Progressive Conservative" aka "Olympia Snow Republican".

He was trading off seats. I discovered this and really became political because it was so disgusting to me.

So he could keep his own seat he'd made a deal with who we call "landslide Annie". He made a deal that they wouldn't run anyone against each other in their districts.

Landslide Annie would have been the equivalent to VP Biden. It took a lot of years, but we changed the party.

Get my drift? But you really better dig in your heels stop running off at the mouth on message boards and learn to rock it.

You could do this. Or go third party. But you would have to start now.

For the record, I absolutely love Canada. I used online poker as a means to pay for my college tuition down here, and when our government shut that down, I knew we weren't a free country anymore although I always had my suspicions. Also, I have been very active politically this season in the state of Colorado, a battleground state. I protested at the first presidential debate at DU, and I met Gary Johnson himself last week in Boulder. I have been to multiple Romney and Obama campaign events with my gary johnson supporters and have done my best at advocating freedom. I'm not a keyboard warrior. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0eO0jGsn4c]Ben Swann Explains Gary Johnson and the 5% Rule - YouTube[/ame]

Hate to break it to ya, Vinnie Vitalis ain't gonna do jack to reverse course....He's too much of a gutless neocon wimp.

Maybe, But Obama is accelerating it. Stopping that is good enough for me. Wasting my vote on Johnson would have only helped Obama.
It ain't even going to be stopped...You wasted your vote.
Romney's nomination was the last nail in the coffin for the Goldwater-Reagan strain of small government GOPers and the revenge of the Rockefeller East Coast boardroom elites.

Is this a Mark Levine poll? I swear I thought I was at USMB.

Levin is FAR too intelligent to create a retarded "poll" where it is either Tyranny (The ONE and Mitt) or Liberty (in the guise of that certain failure, Johnson).

President Obama and all of modern American liberalism does represent tyranny.

But Johnson does NOT represent Liberty. He represents nothing of any value this time around.

The one who DOES stand in opposition to Pres. Obama and modern American liberalism is Mitt.

But the absurd author of the moronic OP doesn't even contemplate that reality.

Anybody who votes in his OP "poll" is a goober.

Hate to break it to ya, Vinnie Vitalis ain't gonna do jack to reverse course....He's too much of a gutless neocon wimp.

Perhaps, but he WON'T appoint any more Elena Kagans. People forget that the greatest damage Obama does is appoint radical leftists to the bench, where they work to revoke basic civil liberty.

If Obama wins reelection, you may as well burn the bill of rights, because one more justice to the left of Pol Pot, like Ginsburg or Kagan, and liberty will be just a memory.

Maybe, But Obama is accelerating it. Stopping that is good enough for me. Wasting my vote on Johnson would have only helped Obama.
It ain't even going to be stopped...You wasted your vote.

Bullshit....Any more of Obama's justices our constituion is finshed for a generation you people are clueless

3 of 9 Justices Will Turn 80 by 2016 Election

Three of the nine justices on a U.S. Supreme Court that has decided many significant issues by 5-4 votes over the past decade will turn 80 years of age before the 2016 presidential election.

The three justices are Antonin Scalia, an anchor of the court’s conservative wing, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, an anchor of the court’s liberal wing, and Anthony Kennedy, who is often the decisive swing vote in 5-4 opinions.

Life expectancy at birth in the United States is now 76.3 years for males and 81.1 years for females, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. However, a male who had already reached the age of 75 in 2011 has a life expectancy of another 11.0 years, according to the CDC, while a female who had reached 75 had a life expectancy of another 12.9 years.

Over past ten years, the nine-member court has decided numerous major issues by a margin of one vote.

3 of 9 Justices Will Turn 80 by 2016 Election | CNSNews.com

It is perfectly ok to vote for Johnson.

But voting for him over Mitt doesn't mean that you are voting for Liberty over Tyranny.

It does mean that you are voting for the guy you prefer (even though he has no chance of winning) and it also means that the (possible) consequences of voting like that matter very little to you.

Forum List

Back