CDZ Did You Stay Up Till 12 And Ring In The New Year?

Did you stay up till 2019 last night?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I was wondering if everyone still observes this tradition.
I used to stay up when I was younger, but this year I went to bed around 11:30pm and I remember hearing a bunch of fireworks going off. But this year I really didn't give a shit.
To be honest, I see nothing to look forward to.
I see nothing but bad things happening in this country.
The Democrats are mostly to blame for this attitude. Mainly because they can't seem to accept the results of any election when they lose.
I'm a government worker and I don't even know if I'll have a job tomorrow.
I guess I'll find out when I go in to work at 7:30am on Wednesday Jan 2nd 2019

2019 New Year: 19 things to look forward to - CNN

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/the_great_depression_of_2019.html

Last edited:
No

I set the clock ahead to 12 at 7pm, said Happy New Year, set it back to 12, and went to bed.

I guess I'll find out when I go in to work at 7:30am on Wednesday Jan 2nd 2019

I'm sorry you are stuck in the middle of this crapfest.

No. I may have gone to bed before 9:00. I was watching tv and typing on my computer and then I woke up about 11:30 and went to bed.

It will be interesting to see what the federal government considers essential employees going forward.

I suspect we will see a little more gridlock in D.C. Economic growth at a slower pace.

My job varies on start time, but it is always 7:15 or earlier, so I don't stay up late.

It is the fault of the Democrats that you have a poor attitude and outlook? So much for personal responsibility.

The new year still seems to happen no matter who sleeps through it or who stays up to welcome it.

I don't think it has anything to do with prevention.

I just don't feel like being surrounded by drunks.

I just don't feel like being surrounded by drunks.

and here, I thought I was the only one here that didn't like to go to family gatherings.

Ha!

I am about 3 hours from my family.

the question I want to know, though is this -- are they Irish like mine?

We have a bit. And Italian. My parents don't drink though. I have two in my immediate family that drink. Extended family drinks or at least in the pictures they always have a glass of something.

Forum List

Back