Did you see McCain on Fox? Topic was "Game Change"

She may have mispoke or even lied about both, but to McCain's campaign manager, in that context......horse-shit. The movie is a hit piece.

She didn't seem like Tina Fey at all. Did you even watch the movie? Or are you just going on info you got from FoxNews?

The movie portrayed her as someone who clearly wasn't prepared, cast into a situation where she was in over her head.

I don't see much shame in that.

Certainly, the movie portrayed her as a bitter harpy by the end of the movie, but it was mainly cast in a light where they believe she suffered a bit of a nervous breakdown, due to all the pressure that was unjustly placed upon her.

I don't have HBO and have not seen the movie. The book treats her truthfully; as it also treats Mr. Obama, Ms. Clinton and Mr. McCain.

The movie is fascinating stuff and the criticism that it is a hit job forgets what the Bush group did to McCain in 2000. 'Game Change' is mild compared to that smear job. McCain notes it in GC when his staff wants to attack Obama on Rev. Wright. No one has challenged the movie as not being the truth and nothing but the truth.

'Bush Supporters Spread Racist Rumors About McCain’s Daughter.'

"Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter." What Bush did to McCain in the 2000 S. C. primary

The parts that have been looped to perpetuity on TheFOXNEWS.

Since the righties have tossed their Carbonite and AOL subscriptions overboard, do you think any of these stalwarts will cancel their HBO or Cable subscriptions on principle or are they not quite so principled when their entertainment is in jeopardy?

Didn't exactly happen when the Southern Baptists called for a boycott of Disney, did it?

Selective outrage and morality. You see it on both sides but seldom do you see consecutive peaks of it over a week's time.

The movie is fascinating stuff and the criticism that it is a hit job forgets what the Bush group did to McCain in 2000. 'Game Change' is mild compared to that smear job. McCain notes it in GC when his staff wants to attack Obama on Rev. Wright. No one has challenged the movie as not being the truth and nothing but the truth.

"Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter." What Bush did to McCain in the 2000 S. C. primary

Well, I didn't see the movie but the book was ground breaking. I place it only second to Woodward in the method by which a story is told about "A" but references the texture of a dozen other episodes tangent to "A".

I think the worse things about that is that that strategy worked and the Bush's operatives knew it would work.

I think the worse things about that is that that strategy worked and the Bush's operatives knew it would work.
The despicable political tactics of the right.

That dude went on and on about how liberals, Hollywood, the media and the Universe itself made up te Whole Movie to make him and Palin look bad. Then Wallace showed him comments from the guy who ran the campaign who said it was accurate. McCain took a deep breath to respond and forcefully said.

"I regret that he made those remarks" said with his chin planted firmly on his chest.

What a retort huh? Ahahahaha

That was Steve Schmidt. He was the first one to come out and say Palin was a huge mistake. "Game Changer"? More like "Deal Breaker". I read "Game Change" two years ago and no one, not one single person has been able to disprove what was written about Palin and what a royal fuck up idiot she truly is.

It never fails. A thread about A SPECIFIC PERSON starts and then you idiotic Cons have to say, "....but, but, but what about....(fill in the blank)" Because you have no explanations or defenses for these idiots.

awww, too friggen bad you don't like it..go hold your breath and count to 100

See what I mean. Nothing. Zero.
You'll quickly notice that that poster in particular is one of the premier circus barkers of USMB. You nailed it with the "nothing. zero" comment. You may find it better to ignore her as well, up to your tolerance level for BS.

This Movie Game Change is hilarious! Palin was a puppet and now the right has no defense for defending a puppet. Or maybe its they are a bad judge of character. Or both.
I wouldn't say she's a puppet, a tool, definitely, a puppet...not-so-much.

Well hell, she was as ready as the Junior Senator of less than two years, Obama.
so what's your problem.?

He was a law professor. He knew a tad bit about the constitution. The point of this movie was, not that she was a half gov. or the mayor of a hick town, it was that she was ignorant on so many things and for her to be vice president, well that turned out to put the final nail in McCain coffin. In McCains defense though, what was he supposed to say after he started to see how bad a decision it was, he had to play the role.

It still tickles me; the intellectual dishonesty of the right in this matter. Palin is and was a dilettante on the national political stage. She couldn't name a newspaper she read, her own running mate's views, or speak intelligently on a number of subjects. Defense of her makes those defenders look silly.
It makes them look WORSE than just silly, far worse. Rampant and flagrant liars they are at the very least.

I thought it was very biased and full of lies.
Then when the woman in the audience who was at one of the campaign rallies said that Obama was an Arab?
She called him a Muslim. What she really said was , "Once a Muslim always a Muslim".
They could not even be honest in that yet alone anything else in the movie.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4]McCain Counters Obama 'Arab' Question - YouTube[/ame]

See what I mean?

Rampant. and. flagrant.

If they didn't, they'd have nothing to say.

This Movie Game Change is hilarious! Palin was a puppet and now the right has no defense for defending a puppet. Or maybe its they are a bad judge of character. Or both.
I wouldn't say she's a puppet, a tool, definitely, a puppet...not-so-much.

It still tickles me; the intellectual dishonesty of the right in this matter. Palin is and was a dilettante on the national political stage. She couldn't name a newspaper she read, her own running mate's views, or speak intelligently on a number of subjects. Defense of her makes those defenders look silly.
It makes them look WORSE than just silly, far worse. Rampant and flagrant liars they are at the very least.

I thought it was very biased and full of lies.
Then when the woman in the audience who was at one of the campaign rallies said that Obama was an Arab?
She called him a Muslim. What she really said was , "Once a Muslim always a Muslim".
They could not even be honest in that yet alone anything else in the movie.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4]McCain Counters Obama 'Arab' Question - YouTube[/ame]

See what I mean?

Rampant. and. flagrant.

If they didn't, they'd have nothing to say.

Just shows what a class act McCain was

Would Romney do the same? I think so
Would Santorum or Gingrich do the same? I doubt it

McCain was a class act in that election, I'll have to agree there.

It was really a shame that he had gone so conservative by the 2008 GE. I might have voted for him.

That dude went on and on about how liberals, Hollywood, the media and the Universe itself made up te Whole Movie to make him and Palin look bad. Then Wallace showed him comments from the guy who ran the campaign who said it was accurate. McCain took a deep breath to respond and forcefully said.

"I regret that he made those remarks" said with his chin planted firmly on his chest.

I still don't think it was McCain who chose palin, but rather, someone on his election team.

You are correct sir. McCain was originally wanting to get Lieberman on the ticket, but was talked out of it by his campaign manager who wanted to get a new twist on something.

They then "vetted" her by looking up stuff about her on Google, saw that she had an 80 percent approval rating and then got all excited.

Palin was actually pushed on the McCain campaign by his advisors.

McCain was a class act in that election, I'll have to agree there.

It was really a shame that he had gone so conservative by the 2008 GE. I might have voted for him.

I would have voted McCain in 2000. The 2008 McCain had mostly sold out to get the nomination. Either way, he would have passed a lot of the legislation Obama passed

I still don't think it was McCain who chose palin, but rather, someone on his election team.

You are correct sir. McCain was originally wanting to get Lieberman on the ticket, but was talked out of it by his campaign manager who wanted to get a new twist on something.

They then "vetted" her by looking up stuff about her on Google, saw that she had an 80 percent approval rating and then got all excited.

Palin was actually pushed on the McCain campaign by his advisors.

Just to throw this out there as an interesting tidbit:

There was serious talk in the McCain camp that McCain make a "one term" pledge and pick a VP who was from the younger side of the realm. The theory being that McCain could rise above politics and state, "Look, I'm going to have to do somethings that are not popular, not politically smart, and above all else, drastic. Americans like popular, smart and stability. So therefore, I pledge to not run for a second term so that I may focus full time on the task at hand."

Forum List

Back