Did you lose your job? Kill your family.......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Yesterday in LA, California, there was a married couple with 5 children. Both the mother and father worked at a local hospital.

It seems that they lied about their income to an outside agency so they could get cheaper child care, because, hey.......times are tough.

The agency reported them back to the hospital and they were fired. A comment allegedly made by one of the man's supervisors was "why don't you just shoot yourself?".

The man went home that afternoon, shot all 5 of his children and his wife in the head (some were shot several times), then turned the gun on himself.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- It was described as one of the most grisly scenes Los Angeles police had ever encountered: the bodies of five small children and their parents, all shot to death, in two upstairs rooms of the family's home.
A photo on Ervin Lupoe's Facebook page shows his wife and five children.

A photo on Ervin Lupoe's Facebook page shows his wife and five children.
Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

"The reaction on their faces was not a pretty sight," neighbor Jasmine Gomez told CNN. "There was an officer who came out of the house throwing up."

But even more incomprehensible to some was the story that emerged after the bodies were found Tuesday: A father who, after he and his wife were fired from their jobs, killed all six family members before turning the gun on himself.

In a letter faxed to Los Angeles television station KABC before his suicide, Ervin Antonio Lupoe blamed his former employer for the deaths, detailing his grievance against Kaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center, where he and his wife Ana had worked as technicians. Video Watch how the note brought police to the home »

Lupoe, 40, claimed the couple was being investigated for "misrepresentation of our employment to an outside agency for the benefit to ourselves's [sic], childcare." He said the initial interview was held on December 19, and when he reported for work on December 23, "I was told by my administrator ... that 'You should not even have bothered to come to work today. You should have blown your brains out.'"

"Oh lord, my God," the letter concludes. "Is there no hope for a widow's son?"

Kaiser Permanente said in a statement Tuesday night that while the company is "saddened by the despair in Mr. Lupoe's letter faxed to the media ... we are confident that no one told him to take his own life or the lives of his family."

The Lupoes' employment was terminated over a week ago "after an internal investigation," the company said.

"While we may never fully understand why today's senseless deaths occurred, everyone who worked with the Lupoes is shocked and terribly saddened by the tragedy," said the statement. "It never should have happened."

With no job and 5 kids, 'better to end our lives,' man wrote - CNN.com

Sad really.

Both the husband and his wife fired, and from the same joint?

And instead of him going postal onKaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center he killed his family and himself?

Let me tell yas', Kaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center employees are god damned lucky to be alive this evening.

You can bet your ass that Ervin Lupoe gave some thought to going postal before he arrived at his final solution.

What a tragedy.

You know that bush will be indicted as an accomplice right?

Nope.....no fault of Bush Jr. here (at least, not directly). Bush just removed the limiting factors on the market, and the greedy pricks on Wall St. did the rest.

Now.....if you want to put Bernie Madoff, as well as all those other banking idiots down as accomplices, then by all means, be my guest. They can be held accountable, as it was their direct actions that have led to this current mess we're in economically.

But.......I really find this disturbing, especially when there are so many of them occurring all over the world.

Interestingly enough, the local news (channel 7), said that Amarillo wasn't affected by this current crop of suicides.

Unfortunately, my room mate works in a hospital, and she tells me what kind of cases came in (no specifics, no names, just overall general stuff), and, she said that the incidence of suicide here in Amarillo has dramatically risen.

Anyone remember the lady last winter who killed herself on the morning that she was to be evicted?

I hope this trend stops, SOON.

This is sad. But I think that it has more to do with the mental health of the parents than the economy. There ain't shit worse than death except maybe dying a horrible death or actually seeing death coming.

Both the husband and his wife fired, and from the same joint?

And instead of him going postal onKaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center he killed his family and himself?

Let me tell yas', Kaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center employees are god damned lucky to be alive this evening.

You can bet your ass that Ervin Lupoe gave some thought to going postal before he arrived at his final solution.

What a tragedy.

"GOING POSTAL?".....this is the 21st Century.....not the 1980's......

Living near LA we are hearing this in the context of other local happenings - apparently it is the third such type of reaction in the past six months (the most memorable being the dad who dressed up like santa and killed his wife etc at a party. )

Yeah. And this morning in Australia, some dude threw his little girl over a 110 ft bridge.

She died at the hospital.

Forum List

Back