Did you know?

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
Encouraging or scary?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9Wu2kWwSY[/ame]

If the schools produce people that think what they are told instead of thinking for themselves then it is scary.

If people can't think to ask about the distribution of steel in a skyscraper in NINE YEARS then what kind of future will their decisions lead to?

People that can't deal with gravity trying to run fusion reactors?

Yeah, that's SCARY!

Of course if EVERYONE had known to concentrate on NET WORTH for the last 50 years we might not be so worried about JOBS now. Maybe the schools are designed to brainwash everyone into focusing on the wrong things already. Consumerism has always been STUPID!

psik

I'm just glad I won't be around when computers run the world, as predicted. There was a B-rated syfi movie from the 50's that dealt with that, one super computer owned by the US and one super computer owned by Russia, and they began ignoring their human programmers and talking to themselves. (The Forbin Project, I think.) Then there's "Hal" from the fictional movie "2001." Just think how far and how fast IT has advanced since then. Great minds even in film production have been pondering this eventuality for years too, in addition to the greatest scientific and technical minds.

I'm just glad I won't be around when computers run the world, as predicted. There was a B-rated syfi movie from the 50's that dealt with that, one super computer owned by the US and one super computer owned by Russia, and they began ignoring their human programmers and talking to themselves. (The Forbin Project, I think.) Then there's "Hal" from the fictional movie "2001." Just think how far and how fast IT has advanced since then. Great minds even in film production have been pondering this eventuality for years too, in addition to the greatest scientific and technical minds.

NO, The Forbin Project was 1970.

But the computers are all still von Neuman machines just faster, cheaper and with more memory. They are symbol manipulating machines but don't understand the symbols. The trouble is too many people take symbols too seriously. The computers are just very fast at being stupid.

When will most people figure out what to do with the computers?

That is the question.

The computers can make the stupid miseducational system obsolete. The so called educators should be scared shitless.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCHHAFyp9I0[/ame]

psik

Last edited:

Forum List

Back