~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
I didn't...................

Attachments

• $dollar.jpg
    $dollar.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 72
"Under God" was not always in the Pledge of Allegiance.

You are right. I learned it without before the change. Then I couldn't seem to ever get it right. Never had trouble learning other things, and always wondered why I had trouble learning the pledge. That is the reason. The change that was made.

The pledge was also said with a hitler type salute as well before hitlers rise to power.

And the spring and midwinter festivals did not always have Jesus in them.

The pledge was also said with a hitler type salute as well before hitlers rise to power.

And the spring and midwinter festivals did not always have Jesus in them.

Considering the enormity of the German immigration population in early America, what's surprising about that?

I'm mostly of German decent myself.

Another Act of Congress passed on March 3, 1865. It allowed the Mint Director, with the Secretary's approval, to place the motto on all gold and silver coins that "shall admit the inscription thereon." Under the Act, the motto was placed on the gold double-eagle coin, the gold eagle coin, and the gold half-eagle coin. It was also placed on the silver dollar coin, the half-dollar coin and the quarter-dollar coin, and on the nickel three-cent coin beginning in 1866. Later, Congress passed the Coinage Act of February 12, 1873. It also said that the Secretary "may cause the motto IN GOD WE TRUST to be inscribed on such coins as shall admit of such motto."

The use of IN GOD WE TRUST has not been uninterrupted. The motto disappeared from the five-cent coin in 1883, and did not reappear until production of the Jefferson nickel began in 1938. Since 1938, all United States coins bear the inscription. Later, the motto was found missing from the new design of the double-eagle gold coin and the eagle gold coin shortly after they appeared in 1907. In response to a general demand, Congress ordered it restored, and the Act of May 18, 1908, made it mandatory on all coins upon which it had previously appeared. IN GOD WE TRUST was not mandatory on the one-cent coin and five-cent coin. It could be placed on them by the Secretary or the Mint Director with the Secretary's approval.

The motto has been in continuous use on the one-cent coin since 1909, and on the ten-cent coin since 1916. It also has appeared on all gold coins and silver dollar coins, half-dollar coins, and quarter-dollar coins struck since July 1, 1908.

pretty good shootin' , didn't know that

but then, what's so trustworthy about God anyways?

seems there's a world of old / new testmement conflict for me to be signing any contract with Him , cash down i say!

~S~

Forum List

Back