Did You Know? The Uses Of The Function Keys?

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
I didn't know all of these. Good stuff to know..

function_keys_1.jpg

F1 to F12: here's how the function keys on your keyboard can save you tons of time

Well, you don't count. You know too much!

I agree with that.

I also like and use some of the numbers keys...that is where I get things like ♥ and °

☺☺☺☻☻☻♥♥♥♦♦♦♣♣♣♠♠♠

Oh. You have to use Alt and a number to get those. ↓ $

What sort of cretin uses a windows based computer?

Those who actually CREATE workproduct and arcane stuff like folders full of reports and data. :rolleyes:

You don't OWN those other portable toys. They own you.

They all think they own you. Every time I start up one of mine it goes "Welcome".

Uh 'scuse me? "Welcome"? I just paid a thousand bucks for you, you don't "welcome" me, slave. You grovel and say 'ÿes Master how may I serve you in multitask ways O Lord"? "Welcome", my ass.

I agree with that.

I also like and use some of the numbers keys...that is where I get things like ♥ and °

I've usually gotta load character map for those; don't use 'em that much.

I have to have a number pad but what drives me batty is it randomly chooses to turn itself off and turn into some kind of arrow thingy that I have zero use for and that slows my mo. I wish I could just lock that thing down forever.

'Nother thing this particular keyboard does is every now and then lapses into German. I'll go to type "Y" and it comes out "Z". That slows my mo too.

Good info but I really don't use the function keys almost at all -- I do that stuff manually. F8 is kind of crucial to have, if it only would be consistent from one machine to another.

Forum List

Back