did you know??...hyacinth macaws??

what do you think we can do?

• any opinions about the functionality of this forum?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • what role can you play to support breeders?

• is it really necessary?

• what else can you add?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jnknowless

Rookie
Sep 23, 2009
Hey do you know these big blues are the most beautiful and intelligent,i have been breeding them for 32 years now,and i think that they need the most protection than ever.they could make the best pets any family can have.in collaboration with all pets stores i supply,i have decided that we promote an open campaign for the protection of this endangered and very valuable specie that we adore so much.if people start owning them and taking great care of them like we do dogs and other pets,then we will preserve them for inter generational equity.please i need us to put hands together and support this development.just your opinion means a lot.

Hey do you know these big blues are the most beautiful and intelligent,i have been breeding them for 32 years now,and i think that they need the most protection than ever.they could make the best pets any family can have.in collaboration with all pets stores i supply,i have decided that we promote an open campaign for the protection of this endangered and very valuable specie that we adore so much.if people start owning them and taking great care of them like we do dogs and other pets,then we will preserve them for inter generational equity.please i need us to put hands together and support this development.just your opinion means a lot.

do they taste like chicken?

jn.....IMHO the reason you see so many birds like the macaw and the parrots being returned or abandoned is that people really don't take the time to find out just what is involved with their care. We got an abused parrot for my mom and it took her pretty close to 4 years to bring her around to be a trusting pet. She is still leary of strangers and women with long reddish hair freak her out but she is the light of my mom's life. To the point that it states very clearly in my mom's will that I will get her when my mom leaves this world. Duchess is only about 18 years old by the Vets calculations so she's got a long long life ahead of her still. I can't get the name of her breed off the tip of my tongue right this minute but she's one that has been smuggled into this country illegally at some point. Beautiful bird but she is a non talking parrot which, there again, a lot of people don't realize that there are non talking parrots. They assume they're all like the ones you see on TV and such.

Personally, I think more education should be required of anyone that plans to own or raise certain birds and that they should be required to have a permit stating that training just as you have to register your dogs and cats in most states.

Forum List

Back