Did you know FDR mistreated Jesse Owens?

I never cease to be amused when people of all political stripes attempt to score political points or make some hay by trying to hold historical figures to the standards of today...

I never cease to be amused when people of all political stripes attempt to score political points or make some hay by trying to hold historical figures to the standards of today...

In the 1940s people knew that sending refugees to certain death was bad. They knew that throwing innocent people into concentration camps was bad. They knew that blatantly insulting Olympic heroes was bad. They also knew that marital infidelity was bad, and on and on and on...

In the 1940s people knew that sending refugees to certain death was bad. They knew that throwing innocent people into concentration camps was bad. They knew that blatantly insulting Olympic heroes was bad. They also knew that marital infidelity was bad, and on and on and on...

Granted, but they didn't care. There was a greater fear of diverging from the social norms of the times. In my opinion.

Yeah, but FDR mistreating blacks and sending refugees back to NAZI Germany was OK.
FDR was a Democrat.

Don't forget his concentration camps right here in the US.
You mean the new army camps. ......

I mean concentration camps. That's what they were.
So what is your criteria for concentration camp?

The actual definition of the term; the same one that POS fdr used himself.

Way would it come as a surprise that FDR was a bigoted racist after he issued an executive order incarcerating American citizens without due cause?

I wonder if the OP realizes that during FDR's time, black people generally didn't receive much in the way of positive attention.

Shoot............even the Tuskegee Airmen had a hard time at first getting the white pilots to accept them, even though they had one of the best records as a squadron during WWII.
Is this a lame attempt at justifying FDR's racist actions? Clearly it is. However, if he were an R, libs and progs would be screaming from the mountain tops "off with his head!!!" Hypocrites.

FDR was nothing if not controlled 100% by politics. He knew his base in the South that the D party controlled with an iron fist, would not like him inviting Jesse to the WH. Jesse wins big at the Olympics and your hero FDR disses him, but does invite all the white athletes to the WH.

You must be so proud.
When black people discovered FDR had not invited Owens to the White House they surely no longer voted for FDR, and probably never voted Democratic again.

There it is, same old fallacy again.
So after the Owens incident did black people ever vote Democratic again? Did the Democratic party begin dumping the South? It all takes time and that's why good historians are still our best source of history. Where do you get your history?

Way would it come as a surprise that FDR was a bigoted racist after he issued an executive order incarcerating American citizens without due cause?
Did the Court say there was no cause and the camps were therefore illegal?

I wonder if the OP realizes that during FDR's time, black people generally didn't receive much in the way of positive attention.

Shoot............even the Tuskegee Airmen had a hard time at first getting the white pilots to accept them, even though they had one of the best records as a squadron during WWII.
Is this a lame attempt at justifying FDR's racist actions? Clearly it is. However, if he were an R, libs and progs would be screaming from the mountain tops "off with his head!!!" Hypocrites.

FDR was nothing if not controlled 100% by politics. He knew his base in the South that the D party controlled with an iron fist, would not like him inviting Jesse to the WH. Jesse wins big at the Olympics and your hero FDR disses him, but does invite all the white athletes to the WH.

You must be so proud.
When black people discovered FDR had not invited Owens to the White House they surely no longer voted for FDR, and probably never voted Democratic again.

So after the Owens incident did black people ever vote Democratic again? Did the Democratic party begin dumping the South? It all takes time and that's why good historians are still our best source of history. Where do you get your history?

Same old logical fallacy again...

You must be so proud.

So where do you get your history if not from historians?

You must be so proud.

By studying the facts of history for myself, from a variety of sources. Most importantly, primary sources. Your logical fallacy won't hold a drop of water no matter how many times you repeat it.

By studying the facts of history for myself, from a variety of sources. Most importantly, primary sources. Your logical fallacy won't hold a drop of water no matter how many times you repeat it.
Wow, I wonder why none of those thousand of supposedly the cream of American historians don't do that too, You should write them explaining how to do historical research. The surveys of historians began in 1948 and go on today. In the last poll 238, supposedly America's top historians, were surveyed and if they are unable to do research as you do, then perhaps you could explain to they should do historical research. Let us know how they respond to your instructions.
By the way what is the logical fallacy?

Appeal to authority. You also fail to realize that appeal to popularity is a fallacy. You can't defend the piece of shit, so you are limited to endlessly repeating these fallacies.

Appeal to authority. You also fail to realize that appeal to popularity is a fallacy. You can't defend the piece of shit, so you are limited to endlessly repeating these fallacies.
Seems that the number of historians involved in rating the presidents since 1948 and their credentials can be considered as authorities on history, If they are not authorities in history who is, posters?

Seems that the number of historians involved in rating the presidents since 1948 and their credentials can be considered as authorities on history, If they are not authorities in history who is, posters?

There you go again. You can't help but fall back on the same old logical fallacy because you have absolutely nothing else. No thoughts of your own, no excuses, nothing.

There you go again. You can't help but fall back on the same old logical fallacy because you have absolutely nothing else. No thoughts of your own, no excuses, nothing.
True, I don't make up my own history and do rely more on experts, just as I do with medicine and other subjects. But, here's a question for you: where

Must be getting close to name-calling time.

Forum List

Back