Did You Here About This?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I wonder why the liberal media has not reported this story

Air Force Airman Shot By Anti-war Protestor on July 4

It’s approaching two weeks since an Air Force Airman was shot by an anti-war protestor in Willingboro, New Jersey.

Yet, apart from an Associated Press article which conveniently ignored the apparent motives of the assailant, a New York Post op-ed by Michelle Malkin, and a mention by Glenn Beck on CNN's Headline News, not one major mainstream media outlet has reported the horrific event in print or on the air.

The AP report

Gunman Shoots McGuire Airman, Then Kills Self

WILLINGBORO, N.J. - July 5, 2007 - An airman from McGuire Air Force Base was in critical condition after being shot by another man who then turned the gun on himself and committed suicide, officials said.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5451694

No where does the article mention the killer was an anti war protester who wanted tp "make a statement"

http://newsbusters.org/node/14130

From the NY Post

LETHAL PEACENIKS
MEET THE ANTI-WAR TERRORISTS

July 11, 2007 -- Reynolds: Accused of plotting bombings in bid to end Iraq War.

AIRMAN Jonathan Schrie ken, USAF, is fighting for his life in Camden, N.J. He was shot on Independence Day by a crazed gunman who reportedly had a beef with the military and the U.S. government and "wanted to make a statement" on the Fourth of July. Have you heard about the plight of the 22-year-old McGuire Air Force Base loadmaster? Probably not.

The Schrieken shooting got no mention in The New York Times - not even a squib in a back section (though the paper did see fit to put the shooting of a 7-year-old girl in Trenton on the front page).

Local media outlets have gathered a few news tidbits about the shooter, Matthew Marren, who killed himself after attacking Schrieken outside his Willingboro home. Schrieken roomed with a few other servicemen in the rented house. Schrieken did not know Marren. PhillyBurbs.com reported that a relative said Marren was "angry at the government and wanted to make a statement" on Independence Day. Authorities found two suicide notes that "were indicative of an individual suffering from mental-health problems."

A random act of insanity? Not so fast. There's more to the story. A reader whose son is the best friend of Senior Airman Schrieken wrote to Charles Johnson of the Little Green Footballs blog with background details:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0711200...iks_opedcolumnists_michelle_malkin.htm?page=0

Maybe the MSM didn't report that the guy was against the Iraq war because there is absolutely NO evidence that he was?

More unsubstantiated bullshit, that you guys are happy to believe because it slanders the left.

From the NY Post

LETHAL PEACENIKS
MEET THE ANTI-WAR TERRORISTS

July 11, 2007 -- Reynolds: Accused of plotting bombings in bid to end Iraq War.

AIRMAN Jonathan Schrie ken, USAF, is fighting for his life in Camden, N.J. He was shot on Independence Day by a crazed gunman who reportedly had a beef with the military and the U.S. government and "wanted to make a statement" on the Fourth of July. Have you heard about the plight of the 22-year-old McGuire Air Force Base loadmaster? Probably not.

The Schrieken shooting got no mention in The New York Times - not even a squib in a back section (though the paper did see fit to put the shooting of a 7-year-old girl in Trenton on the front page).

Local media outlets have gathered a few news tidbits about the shooter, Matthew Marren, who killed himself after attacking Schrieken outside his Willingboro home. Schrieken roomed with a few other servicemen in the rented house. Schrieken did not know Marren. PhillyBurbs.com reported that a relative said Marren was "angry at the government and wanted to make a statement" on Independence Day. Authorities found two suicide notes that "were indicative of an individual suffering from mental-health problems."

A random act of insanity? Not so fast. There's more to the story. A reader whose son is the best friend of Senior Airman Schrieken wrote to Charles Johnson of the Little Green Footballs blog with background details:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0711200...iks_opedcolumnists_michelle_malkin.htm?page=0

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19644931/

The news is out there. Now are you going to conclude that people who have issues with the military are violent sociopaths? There are violent people out there. Let’s have an update on violent abortion clinic protesters. It has been some time since we saw an article on it. Let’s remind people of it. Look. This is an isolated incident of no more significance than the fact that I had fish for dinner. It is just a case study and not statistical research. You can’t draw a generalization from a case study any more than I can conclude that most Christians assault abortion providers. Your news is simply is not out there to the extent that you like. This reminds me of the fact that you keep reminding me that Durbin compared interrogation techniques with those utilized by such regimes as Nazi Germany. Yet, you conviently leave out the fact that he appologized. Hey guys, he did appologize.

Anyway, here are some news items that I think should have received more coverage:

http://www.projectcensored.org/censored_2007/index.htm#2

Do you have any update on what happened with that? They where charged 2 yrs ago. I'm sure something has changed in that time. If not it was just more of the same smoke you all try and blow.

Also just because someone or group of someones is charged with something doesn't mean they will be convicted. Show me where they have been? I'm sure that if there was the libs would be all over it.

Maybe the MSM didn't report that the guy was against the Iraq war because there is absolutely NO evidence that he was?

More unsubstantiated bullshit, that you guys are happy to believe because it slanders the left.

No evidence?

"My son's best friend, Jon, who's in the Air Force stationed in New Jersey at Fort Dix/McGuire Air Force Base, was shot by a crazed anti-military white guy on Independence Day and he remains in critical condition. He had been on leave here in Ohio and got back to his home off base and was unpacking stuff from his car when this 22-year-old guy walked up to him and asked him if he lived in the house. When Jon said yes, the guy said 'not any more' and shot him point-blank in the chest. He tried to shoot him again, but his gun jammed. Jonathan made it into the house. The guy then shot himself.

"Turns out the guy left a couple of suicide notes stating how much he hated the military and he wanted to go out making a statement, so he chose to make his statement on Independence Day trying to kill a soldier.

"We are very worried about our Airman . . . he's like a son to me. He's been to Iraq and Afghanistan on our behalf and then gets shot in his own driveway here in the U.S. by an anti-war, anti-American lunatic. This is gut-wrenching."

Now, imagine the scenario flipped: What if a soldier had attempted to murder a peace activist over the holidays in order to "make a statement"? The Times would be holding a front-page vigil, and Katie Couric's brow would be furrowed for a week. The yakkity-yaks on "The View" would be clucking their tongues about the culture of violence bred by the military - and who knows what Rosie O'Donnell would be dressing her poor child in to exploit the story on her Web site.

Funny how the Root Causes crowd becomes so incurious about the root causes of crime when the suspects are anti-military nutballs and anti-war protesters. To the extent leftists pay any attention at all to this attempted murder, you can expect it to be downplayed as an isolated incident.

Thanks Larkinn, you are downplaying it as an isolated act - as Michelle said you would

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19644931/

The news is out there. Now are you going to conclude that people who have issues with the military are violent sociopaths? There are violent people out there. Let’s have an update on violent abortion clinic protesters. It has been some time since we saw an article on it. Let’s remind people of it. Look. This is an isolated incident of no more significance than the fact that I had fish for dinner. It is just a case study and not statistical research. You can’t draw a generalization from a case study any more than I can conclude that most Christians assault abortion providers. Your news is simply is not out there to the extent that you like. This reminds me of the fact that you keep reminding me that Durbin compared interrogation techniques with those utilized by such regimes as Nazi Germany. Yet, you conviently leave out the fact that he appologized. Hey guys, he did appologize.

Anyway, here are some news items that I think should have received more coverage:

http://www.projectcensored.org/censored_2007/index.htm#2

Where in your link did it mention he was an anti war peace nik?

As fas as Sen Turbin - "If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings,"

His "apology" was to blame Pres Bush:

"My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this administration, which add to the risk our soldiers face," he said in a statement released Friday afternoon. "I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: Our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support."

Yes the left constantly shows their support for the troops

Attachments

• $if_it_happened_today.jpg
    $if_it_happened_today.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 80
  • $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 81
No evidence?

"My son's best friend, Jon, who's in the Air Force stationed in New Jersey at Fort Dix/McGuire Air Force Base, was shot by a crazed anti-military white guy on Independence Day and he remains in critical condition. He had been on leave here in Ohio and got back to his home off base and was unpacking stuff from his car when this 22-year-old guy walked up to him and asked him if he lived in the house. When Jon said yes, the guy said 'not any more' and shot him point-blank in the chest. He tried to shoot him again, but his gun jammed. Jonathan made it into the house. The guy then shot himself.

"Turns out the guy left a couple of suicide notes stating how much he hated the military and he wanted to go out making a statement, so he chose to make his statement on Independence Day trying to kill a soldier.

"We are very worried about our Airman . . . he's like a son to me. He's been to Iraq and Afghanistan on our behalf and then gets shot in his own driveway here in the U.S. by an anti-war, anti-American lunatic. This is gut-wrenching."

Now, imagine the scenario flipped: What if a soldier had attempted to murder a peace activist over the holidays in order to "make a statement"? The Times would be holding a front-page vigil, and Katie Couric's brow would be furrowed for a week. The yakkity-yaks on "The View" would be clucking their tongues about the culture of violence bred by the military - and who knows what Rosie O'Donnell would be dressing her poor child in to exploit the story on her Web site.

Funny how the Root Causes crowd becomes so incurious about the root causes of crime when the suspects are anti-military nutballs and anti-war protesters. To the extent leftists pay any attention at all to this attempted murder, you can expect it to be downplayed as an isolated incident.

Thanks Larkinn, you are downplaying it as an isolated act - as Michelle said you would

So your "evidence" consists of someone calling him anti-war?

And its obviously an isolated act. What are you some sort of conspiracy theorist nutter?

So your "evidence" consists of someone calling him anti-war?

And its obviously an isolated act. What are you some sort of conspiracy theorist nutter?

No his actions and his own words in his note left behind

Flimsy evidence to libs - but it is true

No his actions and his own words in his note left behind

Flimsy evidence to libs - but it is true

And what exactly of his actions or the note he left behind made him anti-war?

Its not flimsy evidence. Its more like non-existent evidence.

And what exactly of his actions or the note he left behind made him anti-war?

Its not flimsy evidence. Its more like non-existent evidence.

Turns out the guy left a couple of suicide notes stating how much he hated the military and he wanted to go out making a statement, so he chose to make his statement on Independence Day trying to kill a soldier.

I don't know if anyone posted what happened in Portland back in March so here's a photo:

soldiereffsm.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ecp8ZCC3tB8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ecp8ZCC3tB8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"Die Die GI, In Iraq you're going to die"

"It's not just Bush but the troops too"

Where in your link did it mention he was an anti war peace nik?

As fas as Sen Turbin - "If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings,"

His "apology" was to blame Pres Bush:

"My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this administration, which add to the risk our soldiers face," he said in a statement released Friday afternoon. "I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: Our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support."

Yes the left constantly shows their support for the troops

As for your picture, all I can say is that some people in the left behave badly. Some people in the right behave badly.

News columns sometimes omit what they consider to be insignificant. What was his race? Where was he born? What color were his eyes? What did he have for breakfast?

You conveniently left out the fact that Durbin apologized until I practically had to drag it out of you. I guess that you did not consider his apology significant.

Turns out the guy left a couple of suicide notes stating how much he hated the military and he wanted to go out making a statement, so he chose to make his statement on Independence Day trying to kill a soldier.

And you (and some other idiots) made a jump from being anti-military to anti-war.

And you (and some other idiots) made a jump from being anti-military to anti-war.

You have evidence he was not part of the anti-war movement? That he hated the military but had no feelings at all about the war or belonged to or was part of the Anti-war movement? You can substantiate that he ONLY did what he did because of an unreasoning hatred of the military for no reason involving the war?

You have evidence he was not part of the anti-war movement? That he hated the military but had no feelings at all about the war or belonged to or was part of the Anti-war movement? You can substantiate that he ONLY did what he did because of an unreasoning hatred of the military for no reason involving the war?

Nope. Nor did I claim that he was not anti-war. All I did was attack other peoples unsubstantiated claims that he was anti-war.

Interesting that you feel the need to let them go when they make claims way past their evidence, but when I attack those claims you falsely assume I am claiming the opposite is true. Biased much?

Nope. Nor did I claim that he was not anti-war. All I did was attack other peoples unsubstantiated claims that he was anti-war.

Interesting that you feel the need to let them go when they make claims way past their evidence, but when I attack those claims you falsely assume I am claiming the opposite is true. Biased much?

Yup, it sure is BIG, unsubstantiated leap to assume that one that hates the military is some how NOT an anti war protestor. As usual you got caught making shit up and are now trying to obfusicate the issue with a lot of bullshit.

Forum List

Back