Did you hear this on the news?

The link wouldn't work for me. My server has an idiocy filter.

If it is true as stated, it could also be that some amendment to the bill makes it totally unpalatable to the Republicans. I'd have to read the whole thing to say....but frankly, I think the OP is just more twisted bullshit from the Obamabots.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Now that you have found out the story is true..............what now? Must be difficult to be a conservative.

the link wouldn't work for me. My server has an idiocy filter.

If it is true as stated, it could also be that some amendment to the bill makes it totally unpalatable to the republicans. I'd have to read the whole thing to say....but frankly, i think the op is just more twisted bullshit from the obamabots.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
word has it that the repeal of obolshevikcare was rolled into it.

Too many toss-up senate seats for toadies like claire mccaskill to go on record as supporting that turd right before the election.

roflmao!!!!

They've also filibustered the jobs bill and the highway bill because, of course, they cannot allow any new jobs. Nor can they allow anything that might take money out of GObP/bag/pubs pocket.

That way, they can (LIE) say its all Obama's fault.

SSDD

what? Isn't that what the 800 BILLION stimulus was for?
jobs and the highways? I saw all them pretty signs on the highways telling me it was so

so now who is lying..?

Actually the Stimulus was to save jobs.
The Libs say it saved anywhere from 1 job or 100 million jobs or anything in between
they really don't know so they throw some big numbers up on the screen to make Obama
look good.

They've also filibustered the jobs bill and the highway bill because, of course, they cannot allow any new jobs. Nor can they allow anything that might take money out of GObP/bag/pubs pocket.

SSDD

jobs and the highways? I saw all them pretty signs on the highways telling me it was so

so now who is lying..?

The Libs say it saved anywhere from 1 job or 100 million jobs or anything in between
they really don't know so they throw some big numbers up on the screen to make Obama
look good.

There are still PLENTY of OPPORTUNITIES here for qualified people who actually want jobs or work for their businesses instead of being bitches and not even checking it out and complaining how it "is not working". :lol:

Opportunities

When you look at the WHOLE story objectively, it was a bit more than just the GOP fillibustering an outsourcing bill.

The bill would have collected about $300 billion over the next 10 years IF everything remained the same, which of course they never do when tax policy is significantly changed. Opponents said it would only cause more sheltering by U.S. businesses to avoid the extra penalty and probably remove more of the taxes they do pay. At best, revenues would be a tiny percentage of the projected deficits over the same period while being even more of a job killer in the most anti-business administration I can remember in my lifetime.

But yeah, I don’t usually consult the SmirkingChimp for my news sources.

From the LA Times, a typically pro-Obama publication:

. . . .Republicans do not oppose the outsourcing measure outright, but prefer an overhaul of the tax code. The GOP blocked the bill Thursday largely because Democrats refused allow amendments, including one that is a top GOP priority – extending the George W. Bush-era individual income tax rates that expire at the end of the year, including those for wealthier Americans that Democrats want to let lapse.

Votes on the Bush-era income tax rates are coming next week in the Senate, and in later this summer in the House, and both parties seemed more interested Thursday in skipping ahead to that debate.

“We need to stop all the coming tax hikes and lay the groundwork for tax reform that closes loopholes and lowers rates for all, including American companies,” said House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio). . . .
Bill to curtail outsourcing blocked in Senate - latimes.com

From the Washington Post, also usually favorable to the Administration:

. . . .Senate Democrats cobbled the measure together last week as it became clear that they would have to abandon plans to extend Bush administration tax cuts for the middle class before the election. While some Democrats wanted to stage a pre-election battle over taxes, the 59-member caucus was deeply divided, with some conservatives echoing GOP arguments that tax cuts should also be preserved for the nation's wealthiest families, at least until the economy fully recovers.

Republicans want to extend all the cuts, which are due to expire in January, while President Obama wants to eliminate the cuts on income over $250,000 a year for families and $200,000 a year for individuals. Democrats hope to address the issue during a lame-duck session that will begin in mid-November.

Once the decision was made to delay the tax vote, Senate Democrats turned to the outsourcing issue, which they also viewed as politically potent, especially in devastated manufacturing communities in Midwest and East Coast industrial states.

The bill under consideration Tuesday would have ended tax deductions for expenses incurred when companies shutter U.S. operations and shift the work abroad; imposed a new tax on products once made in the United States but now manufactured by foreign workers; and offered employers a two-year payroll tax holiday on jobs repatriated from overseas.
The payroll tax break would have let employers keep about $1 billion over the next decade, according to the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation, while the tax increases would have taken back about $300 billion over the same period.

Business groups strongly opposed the measure, and Republicans said the tax break would have been miniscule compared with the benefit of extending the Bush-era tax breaks. . . .

Senate GOP blocks bill that would promote less outsourcing

so now who is lying..?

look good.

There are still PLENTY of OPPORTUNITIES here for qualified people who actually want jobs or work for their businesses instead of being bitches and not even checking it out and complaining how it "is not working". :lol:

Opportunities

Been to every job site linked on that page.

2 weeks, now....nothing

look good.

Opportunities

2 weeks, now....nothing

Really, all over the United States? Have you tried to apply for some contracts here?
Search for Jobs

look good.

Opportunities

2 weeks, now....nothing

Here's a SHITLOAD of opportunities for your state listed here!!!
https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=list&tab=searchresults

It would make sense. The GOP strategy since 2009 has been, "say no, even if you want it, we'll figure out how to explain it later."

Is that the official reason why? I've tried to locate the reason why the repubs and some of the dems voted no on it. The seach engines are just throwing out the same headings page after page. I don't have the time to go through thousands of pages...I think I would have better luck looking for that proverbial, "needle in a haystack".

It would make sense. The GOP strategy since 2009 has been, "say no, even if you want it, we'll figure out how to explain it later."

Is that the official reason why? I've tried to locate the reason why the repubs and some of the dems voted no on it. The seach engines are just throwing out the same headings page after page. I don't have the time to go through thousands of pages...I think I would have better luck looking for that proverbial, "needle in a haystack".

I gave you two pretty good excerpts from the LA Times and WaPo on the previous page. The GOP did not object to the outsourcing bill all that much, though most businesses opposed it, but they were not allowed any amendments and, as the bill would have provided minimal benefit and hurt nobody by being fillibustered, they could use it as leverage to force issues that will help. If Harry Reid ever allow an honest to goodness job creating measure to come up for debate, the Democrats could add the outsourcing thing to it as an amendment, and it would pass. The House has now sent MANY such bills to the Senate and Harry won't allow them out of committee to even be debated, much less come up for a vote.

SSDD

so now who is lying..?

$9 Billion in ‘Stimulus’ for Solar, Wind Projects Made 910 Final Jobs -- $9.8 Million Per Job
By Michael W. Chapman and Fred Lucas
(CNSNews.com) – The Obama administration distributed $9 billion in economic “stimulus” funds to solar and wind projects in 2009-11 that created, as the end result, 910 “direct” jobs -- annual operation and maintenance positions -- meaning that it cost about $9.8 million to establish each of those long-term jobs.

At the same time, those green energy projects also created, in the end, about 4,600 “indirect” jobs – positions indirectly supported by the annual operation and maintenance jobs -- which means they cost about $1.9 million each ($9 billion divided by 4,600).

Combined (910 + 4,600 = 5,510), the direct and indirect jobs cost, on average, about $1.63 million each to produce.

Opportunities

2 weeks, now....nothing

Really, all over the United States? Have you tried to apply for some contracts here?
Search for Jobs

I'm not proud.

I'll click on every link.

I can't afford to move though

I gave you two pretty good excerpts from the LA Times and WaPo on the previous page. The GOP did not object to the outsourcing bill all that much, though most businesses opposed it, but they were not allowed any amendments and, as the bill would have provided minimal benefit and hurt nobody by being fillibustered, they could use it as leverage to force issues that will help. If Harry Reid ever allow an honest to goodness job creating measure to come up for debate, the Democrats could add the outsourcing thing to it as an amendment, and it would pass. The House has now sent MANY such bills to the Senate and Harry won't allow them out of committee to even be debated, much less come up for a vote.

I figured it would be something like this, thanks for the info.
I do realize and most people who aren't hacks do understand that Harry shelves just about anything that is passed by the republican congress. It's a sad day in politics when our elected officials have become so polarized.

2 weeks, now....nothing

Search for Jobs

I'm not proud.

I'll click on every link.

I can't afford to move though
You can even search by zip code and region. I sincerely wish you luck. You can start your own business in you skill set and try to bid for contract and or solicit the winning bidders for work as well. this is how I built my business during the last financial crap back in the late 80's and early 90's. At that time the RTC and FDIC were prime opportunities to grow one's business.

Forum List

Back