Did you have someone you "let get away?"

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
And have regrets about it now?

Or wonder, "What would have been" if they hadn't 'got away?'

Yeah there was this really rich guy I was holding for ransom, but he got away...

but seriously I have had more trouble out of the ones I did not run off.

what you are asking just applies to those who let me get away.
Did I know you at one time?

Last edited:
Yeah there was this really rich guy I was holding for ransom, but he got away...

Maybe! :lol:

I don't have any regrets, am very happy and figure life led me down the path I'm supposed to be on.

Just wondering if others have 'regrets' about past loves.

There was one guy in highschool that I was interested in, and I know he would have asked me out if I had given him any encourqgement, but some of the girls I ran around with turned up their noses at him and made fun of him and I backed off. As a result, I finished out my last two years of highschool without a steady boyfriend. That same guy has turned out to be a terrific successful person. I would have had a lot of fun with him if I hadn't caved in to the snobs.

In college there were two guys 'courting me' but I rejected because though I enjoyed their company immensely, I just couldn't dredge up any romantic feelings. Didn't want to kiss them. So I rejected them and chased a guy who turned out to be a real jerk and broke my heart.

It's all good though. That same summer I met Mr. Foxfyre who was working on the same newspaper where I was a summer intern. Seven months later we were married. That was many decades ago and no regrets. I could have done much much worse. :)

Moral of story. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. If it doesn't work out, it is for the best.

And have regrets about it now?

Or wonder, "What would have been" if they hadn't 'got away?'

When I was 15 I met the girl I wanted to marry and live my life with. AT 17 she dumped me and eventually married someone else. Years later she contacted me and told me the worst decision she ever made was leaving me. We got together for a weekend. I was married and had two kids. I couldn't leave my kids so we never got together.

I will always wonder about that.

No. I wouldn't date anyone I wasn't willing to marry. People would say, 'just go out and have a good time.' But I took it far more seriously than just a good time. The one I did marry died very young. But when I see all the others around, I know I wouldn't have wanted them anyway. "C'est la vie"...........

Yes, but no regrets....I have two amazing children. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and all works out for the best in the end.

Maybe! :lol:

I don't have any regrets, am very happy and figure life led me down the path I'm supposed to be on.

Just wondering if others have 'regrets' about past loves.

No regrets,....don't look back. The worst part of a break up is realizing you have wasted precious years of your life on someone who now means nothing. Hopefully you walk away with lessons learned, and do better the next time around.

There was one guy in highschool that I was interested in, and I know he would have asked me out if I had given him any encourqgement, but some of the girls I ran around with turned up their noses at him and made fun of him and I backed off. As a result, I finished out my last two years of highschool without a steady boyfriend. That same guy has turned out to be a terrific successful person. I would have had a lot of fun with him if I hadn't caved in to the snobs.

In college there were two guys 'courting me' but I rejected because though I enjoyed their company immensely, I just couldn't dredge up any romantic feelings. Didn't want to kiss them. So I rejected them and chased a guy who turned out to be a real jerk and broke my heart.

It's all good though. That same summer I met Mr. Foxfyre who was working on the same newspaper where I was a summer intern. Seven months later we were married. That was many decades ago and no regrets. I could have done much much worse. :)

Moral of story. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. If it doesn't work out, it is for the best.

I had a crush on a girl in high school, but always figured she was to good for me and never persued her. I ran into her about 5 years ago at a function, and I found out she liked me back then and thought I was stuck up and to good for her. She wanted me to go party, even though she was married & two kids, but I declined. What I have at home I am not willing to sacrifice by cheating now. But it is interesting what you can mistakenly pass up.

I don't know about regrets.
The ex husbands aren't called an ex for funzies.
But I do have one gent that I often wonder about, what it would have been like if we had stayed together. He was an internal medicine doctor, living here in Tennessee, and he looked just like Elvis!!
An Elvis from the early 70s, when he was slimmer.
In fact, this gent entered the Elvis Presley look-a-like contest at the state fair in Nashville one year, and we went.
He had a white jumpsuit with the cape and the sparkles and all....he looked handsome!!!
He even let his sideburns grow out months prior, just for this fair event.
But, things just weren't meant to be I reckon, we both had some things we weren't sure of, and neither one would commit to whom would move where....he lived about 3 hours away.
It was fun while it lasted, and I still have his photos :)

No one I let get away, no. Regrets.... no, I'd rather have had one totally awesome guy for a short time, than a fucking ape forever.

Forum List

Back