did you guys hear about these two?

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
the remake of dawn of the dead and the new resident evil movies coming out?
DOD is march 19 (day before my birthday!!!) and i think like august for RE. trailer for both are here, along with alot of others

Im looking foward to the new Willie Wonka directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp as Willie!

Well, movies that I heard of... and jackass, nothing will compare to original Wonka!!!!!!

Dawn of the Dead - I'm not so sure about this one. The charm of the original came from its low budget in my opinion. They need to remake Day of the Dead using Romero's original script. Look for it on the Net, it's totally different from the movie he ended up making (he didn't have enough cash to do it, and plus his original script would've never gotten an R rating, which the investors demanded he have). Sarah Polley's in this though, and she's pretty and a good actress. I like the trailer a lot, though, seems like horror movies have had some great trailers lately (the trailer for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was probably the greatest one I've ever seen).

Resident Evil 2 - I'm actually looking forward to this a lot! Again, great trailer. I almost hate to admit how much I enjoyed the first one, but as corny as it was, I had a lot of fun watching it. Great ending to the first one, as well.

Willy Wonka - I'm not sure what to make of this, yet. I heard that Burton wants to make it a lot more like the original book, which was actually pretty scary at times, so I'm not sure if that'll work or not. But, these two have proved a few times now that they work well together, so I'll definitely watch it.

you have to admit though, from the tralier for DOD, they caught up with the times. they dont seem to be sluggish like they were in the original. return of the living dead they had alot of speed too. that one was funny as hell...lol

you have to admit though, from the tralier for DOD, they caught up with the times. they dont seem to be sluggish like they were in the original.

Yeah, it definitely looks like it's worth checking out, I'm just not expecting it to be as good as the original. The fast zombies is a good idea, but it kinda seems like they're ripping off 28 Days Later (which, by the way, is in my opinion the second-best zombie movie ever made, after the original DOtD).

return of the living dead they had alot of speed too. that one was funny as hell...lol

Best Buy had a sale last Halloween where every horror DVD was 50% off and I got this for $5. Great, great movie. I love that ending that just pops up out of nowhere, they must've run out of money or something ("Okay, we've got just enough to buy some stock footage of an A-bomb exploding... How do we make this work?").

Thinking back now, I really wish I would've bought more DVD's during that sale. I would love to have the entire set of Friday the 13th, but I ain't about to pay $20 apiece for all of them (I'd be hard-pressed to spend $20 for parts 4-10 together, honestly! That's excluding part 5 which is a real guilty pleasure of mine).

You know a movie that was really good, but never seems to get the respect it deserves? Scream. That movie, despite all the irony (and the fact that it's spawned sooooo many horribly self-referencial movies), it really was genuinely scary. And the ending was great, in my opinion. Honestly, I liked Scream 2 better than the first one, it was gorier, had less jokes, and they had the audacity to kill off Randy, who was probably everyone's favorite character. I should really buy these, too. Sir Arnold, these don't happen to be in your collection, do they?

we actually baught the scream series. pretty awesome. and yes 2 is the best.

Originally posted by Jackass
Im looking foward to the new Willie Wonka directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp as Willie!

Not me I don't like the little people in it. they scare me to death..don't know why just do i know i'm weird..:p:

Forum List

Back