Did you Attend Church Today?

'We belong to the United Methodist Church, same one I've attended since I was a baby. I think we need a change, and wonder what other churches are like. '

Go to a non-denominational church. Can't go wrong with that.

I attend a Baptist Church. Prior to that (when we lived in a different town) we attended a Presbetarian church, and before that were with the United Methodists.

I've only been a Christian for a year and a half. Prior to my current church, I was just there trying to be a better person.

It was through my current church that I finally saw the light.

They know I'm a liberal, but that doesn't bother any of them. We mostly agree on things.

I'm pro-life and pro traditional marriage (not opposite marriage....poor girl...opposite sounds like gay...but whatever).

But I differ with my Baptist brothers and sisters on a lot of other issues. For example, I'm not afraid of Muslims, and they are. A lot of them protested the building of a mosque in town, and I wondered what they were afraid of, forced conversion? Even our pastor said, "Don't be afraid of Muslims. YOU are the only one who you need to watch." He was right.

I disagree about war as well. I see war as simply empire building and nothing more. I don't go for the fancy packaging (terrorism, drugs, religion, etc.). I know why the Romans had their troops all over the place, and so did the Spanish later on and the English, French, Dutch, etc. When you have troops in other countries you are an empire. Pretty simple.

I'm also against the death penalty. The Southern Baptist Convention is not.

My thinking is definitely more in line with the United Methodist Church, and I won't be surprised if I end up a member there, but for now my church feeds my spiritual needs.

Plus, I volunteer many, many hours on the technical staff. They need all the help they can get.

I spent five hours in church today.

Speaking of yesterday, (as it's monday now), No i didnt go to church. However. that's only because I was on an airplane. Otherwise I would have been there.

Forum List

Back