Did you Attend Church Today?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Which one did you go to?

I'm looking for a new church for my daughter and myself.

I'm thinking Unitarian or maybe the Quaker Church.

We belong to the United Methodist Church, same one I've attended since I was a baby. I think we need a change, and wonder what other churches are like.

Thanks!

I'll be leaving to go soon. I go to a Baptist church, but it's probably not for everyone. I like the moral groundedness (is that a word? :lol:) but it's a little heavy on the hellfire and brimstone.

It's funny, I was just thinking of starting a 'what kind of church do you go to?' thread.

I'll be leaving to go soon. I go to a Baptist church, but it's probably not for everyone. I like the moral groundedness (is that a word? :lol:) but it's a little heavy on the hellfire and brimstone.

It's funny, I was just thinking of starting a 'what kind of church do you go to?' thread.

Baptists are pretty decent, most of the ones I have known in real life are pretty cool. The ones I like the most are the Lutherans, use to talk to one of their priests (he died a year ago) about all sorts of existential views. He was probably almost as knowledgeable in Egyptology as I am.

no. churches are a social agenda for most who go there....simply another way of networking....they may go to chruch on sunday but what about their behavior on monday?

Which one did you go to?

I'm looking for a new church for my daughter and myself.

I'm thinking Unitarian or maybe the Quaker Church.

We belong to the United Methodist Church, same one I've attended since I was a baby. I think we need a change, and wonder what other churches are like.

Thanks!

go to a lefty church! :clap2: The unitarians and quakers fit the bill!

I obviously don't attend any churches regularly, but some parts of my family are either Catholics or Southern Baptists, so I've been to their churches. I've also been to Episcopal, Methodist, Lutheran, Black Baptist and other churches... all were full of good people. Episcopals and Lutherans seemed to be the most tolerant and open. Black Baptist churches are by far the most alive and the most fun.

Yes, Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

It's not a perfect church, but then what church on Earth is?

Immie

I dunno.. Some lady yelled "Oh my God!" into her phone at the restaurant we were at today...

That count?

Last time I went to church was for my brother's wedding. What an embarassing experience that was.

I was sitting next to my aged grandmother. Halfway through the ceremony she leans over and whispers into my ear, "I've just done one of them silent farts what shall I do?"

I said, "change the battery in your hearing aid."

Haven't been back since.

Wnere you go will not make any difference. If you go because you believe God wants you to go, it still makes no difference. If you go because you think it is wrong not to go, that will make no difference. If you go to church because your friends go, that will make no difference. If you go to a church because of their music, preacher, youth program, Sunday school, friendliness, social atmosphere, or whatever such reason, it will make no difference. It will not change you or the church, your being there.

If I work in my garage all day long, I don't grow wheels on my feet. I might get a little dirty, but soon I can wash that off.

The same God who is in the church, can be wherever you are. If you don't acknowledge Him outside of the church, you likely won't inside of it either.

If He is wherever you are, He is seeking to draw you to be close to Him. If you stay away from Him everywhere else, you will likely stay away from in the church.

However, if you begin to allow Him to get closer, He will draw you to the place where He wants you to be.

Just a thought

Wnere you go will not make any difference. If you go because you believe God wants you to go, it still makes no difference. If you go because you think it is wrong not to go, that will make no difference. If you go to church because your friends go, that will make no difference. If you go to a church because of their music, preacher, youth program, Sunday school, friendliness, social atmosphere, or whatever such reason, it will make no difference. It will not change you or the church, your being there.

If I work in my garage all day long, I don't grow wheels on my feet. I might get a little dirty, but soon I can wash that off.

The same God who is in the church, can be wherever you are. If you don't acknowledge Him outside of the church, you likely won't inside of it either.

If He is wherever you are, He is seeking to draw you to be close to Him. If you stay away from Him everywhere else, you will likely stay away from in the church.

However, if you begin to allow Him to get closer, He will draw you to the place where He wants you to be.

Just a thought

Thank you.

I feel God and I are pretty close, I talk to him every day, and he answers me in his way. :cool:

Forum List

Back