Did we pay $1,191,200 for 2 pounds of frozen ham?

The money was used to buy ham at a ridiculously inflated price, and cheese.

The point is, it's stimulus money which isn't being used to stimulate anything.

The money was used to buy ham at a ridiculously inflated price, and cheese.

The point is, it's stimulus money which isn't being used to stimulate anything.
where do you buy your ham?
if you think $1.50/lb is a "ridiculously inflated price"

$1.50 a lb. for crappy processed 2-lb hams is inflated.

But again, that's not the point. The point is it's stimulus money being spent on crap other than stimulus.

where do you buy your ham?
if you think $1.50/lb is a "ridiculously inflated price"

People aren't reading the end first and just reading the thread title. :eusa_eh:
maybe
but it would have been nice if the recovery.gov site had listed the quantity that was in the purchase

without that info, you dont really know what they got

but i will agree with several others in that i dont see how this is stimulating new jobs

$1.50 a lb. for crappy processed 2-lb hams is inflated.

But again, that's not the point. The point is it's stimulus money being spent on crap other than stimulus.
uh, you cant buy a can of SPAM for $1.50
please tell me where you can buy ANY ham for less than $1.50/lb

maybe
but it would have been nice if the recovery.gov site had listed the quantity that was in the purchase

but i will agree with several others in that i dont see how this is stimulating new jobs

Someone has to transport all this into whatever transportation. Then someone has to transport it off that transportation once it reaches it's destination. Somebody has to most likely stock it, then somebody has to sell it if it's one of those types of stores. Then somebody has to ring up the purchase if it's a grocery store.

The ham doesn't magically appear wherever it has to go.

Last edited:
uh, you cant buy a can of SPAM for $1.50
please tell me where you can buy ANY ham for less than $1.50/lb

A 2lb of Ham for $1.50 is DAMN cheap. You couldn't get a decent meal for $1.50 so I agree.

maybe

Someone has to transport all this into whatever transportation. Then someone has to transport it off that transportation once it reaches it's destination. Somebody has to most likely stock it, then somebody has to sell it if it's one of those types of stores. Then somebody has to ring up the purchase if it's a grocery store.

The ham doesn't magically appear wherever it has to go.
and all those jobs are already in place
zero sum gain

zero sum gain

Unless they aren't. And if it's able to save some of those jobs, then in the long run that's a gain over a loss.

The biggest amount of job gains will most likely come from the Stimulus money going to improvement of roads, bridges, etc.

Last edited:
Good lord, that's my point.

You can find the same shit for .75 a lb on sale in the store.

btw, allie, this isnt spam they are buying

$2007-08-02Spam.jpg

[

Why are you trying to change the subject away from the quality of information that comes from CON$ervative sources and the gullibility and hate of those STUPID enough to parrot such sources???

How much of that koolaid did you drink?
ed is a fucking moron, dont expect much from him

zero sum gain

Unless they aren't. And if it's able to save some of those jobs, then in the long run that's a gain over a loss.

The biggest amount of job gains will most likely come from the Stimulus money going to improvement of roads, bridges, etc.
Im pretty sure the stuff is going to food banks not stores,It is feeding unemployed not saving jobs

Forum List

Back