Did we over react to 9-11-01?

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
I remember watching TV the morning the towers were struck. After a couple of hours I went to the health club as usual where we all continued to watch. One of the men I worked out with commented "I hope we don't over react". I asked him how do you over react to this. It appeared to me that we gathered the evidence and found who did it. We gave the people of Afganistan the opportunity to turn our enemy over to us which they refused. I felt we moved at a proper pace and did not rush into anything. If anything we were too gentle in the aggression we put on our enemy.

I remember watching TV the morning the towers were struck. After a couple of hours I went to the health club as usual where we all continued to watch. One of the men I worked out with commented "I hope we don't over react". I asked him how do you over react to this. It appeared to me that we gathered the evidence and found who did it. We gave the people of Afganistan the opportunity to turn our enemy over to us which they refused. I felt we moved at a proper pace and did not rush into anything. If anything we were too gentle in the aggression we put on our enemy.

I think most people would admit that Iraq was a mistake. We'd be out of Afghanistan already had we not gone into Iraq.

Forum List

Back