Did we lose the cold war?

loose?

well that might be definitional

how about this>

the cold war music stopped, and we were left without an economic chair

~S~

I know it is heretical to even ask it ,
But did we fall for a rope a dope ?

Yes. While we were fixated on fear mongering nonsense we lost the manufacturing and distribution war.

The winners are not trying to solve all of the worlds problems. They are focused ...we are still distracted.

Does buying allies and losing the manufacturering base and borrowing money to pay the bribes seem like a win?

Yes. While we were fixated on fear mongering nonsense we lost the manufacturing and distribution war.

The winners are not trying to solve all of the worlds problems. They are focused ...we are still distracted.

Does buying allies and losing the manufacturering base and borrowing money to pay the bribes seem like a win?
I suppose it all depends on what you were hoping to achieve.
There is always the Law of Unintended Consequences though.

Me?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Me?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

You said 'we' in your OP.
You can't blame me for any of it...not even a little bit...I wasn't even there...and besides I had my fingers in my ears the whole time...

To clarify further...look at my location

Last edited:
Imagine how bad it would be if political correctness was taught in universities and multiculturalism was enforced.

Let's hope not! I found this on Yahoo Answers in answer to the question "Why did the Russians lose the Cold War?":

Why did the Russians lose the Cold War? - Yahoo! Answers

Very interesting read.

Now I must return to my Chinese and Spanish language lessons!

Is Mexican the same as Espagnol ?

:lol: One of my best friends is Mexican. (He applied to become a US citizen about 12 years ago and is still waiting. Go USCIS!) Anyway, sometimes I'll tell him to speak 'American' rather than 'Mexican'. Latinos are sensitive to that, but he has a great sense of humor.

Who is WE?

The Masters of Capitalism won their war against the Soviets.

If you identify with them, then I suppose that you won.

However I think that the American middle class lost the cold war.

We paid for that win in multiple ways...

For example, much of our FREE TRADE policy is the residual of our nation giving third world nations license to import into this nation in return for those nations NOT moving into the Soviet sphere of influence.

For instance, in order to findally defeat the Soviets in Afghanistan we helped consitute the terrorist organizations that our nation is twisting itself into knots fighting right now.

So to the extent that the world was blown into nuclear dust, we won.

To the extend that now the masters of capitalism have nothing to fear from the Communist lunatics, also a win.

But as to that win leading to a better life for the average American?

No, not really.

Some day some one will ask, did we win the war on - pick one: drugs, terrorism, cancer, poverty... etc Seems a bad metaphor for what really is global world history, personal tragedy, political possibility, humans just trying to get along in a complex world in which values conflict and resources are limited and death inevitable.

"The future is made of the same stuff as the present." Simone Weil

Who is WE?

The Masters of Capitalism won their war against the Soviets.

If you identify with them, then I suppose that you won.

However I think that the American middle class lost the cold war.

We paid for that win in multiple ways...

For example, much of our FREE TRADE policy is the residual of our nation giving third world nations license to import into this nation in return for those nations NOT moving into the Soviet sphere of influence.

For instance, in order to findally defeat the Soviets in Afghanistan we helped consitute the terrorist organizations that our nation is twisting itself into knots fighting right now.

So to the extent that the world was blown into nuclear dust, we won.

To the extend that now the masters of capitalism have nothing to fear from the Communist lunatics, also a win.

But as to that win leading to a better life for the average American?

No, not really.

heh, you would elevate the domino theory of communism inclusive of the intracacies of underlying forces like bretton woods, the wto, imf, et all true motivators of foriegn policy(s) to economic chess here?

Insinuating a world of grey hats who's allegiance(s) are possible of self enlightened interests inbettween the time honored white/black hat paradigm opens up can can of seething aultruistic worms

They're COMMIES for gawds sake! KILL 'Em ALL!

(oops, slipped there.....)

New Topics

Forum List

Back