Did we get free health care tonight?

I haven't heard any celebrations today from the WH.Wasn't there supposed to be a vote on
health care today in the House....I need to get some free stuff.

Question for you. If the result of this actually lowers your insurance payments due to competition, will you refuse it and insist on paying more?

If not, then stfu. oh and god bless.

I haven't heard any celebrations today from the WH.Wasn't there supposed to be a vote on

Question for you. If the result of this actually lowers your insurance payments due to competition, will you refuse it and insist on paying more?

It has already been proven it will not be cheaper. The current version of the public option will cost more.

It's not going to lower premiums. It will raise them. They're being raised already. Some of the money to pay for this monstrosity is coming from insurance that is provided as a part of salary and retirement for government workers. My insurance has taken a hit already....the SEIU just fought a long hard fight to keep it from being yanked altogether from us, and even so, we have downsized from blue cross/blue shield to fucking HMO, which means we have to choose our doctor from those approved by our respective plans.

My mother, who last year paid $90 for her government insurance, a part of her retirement package from working for the VA for years, just learned she will be paying $160 a month.

You fucking idiots who think this government program means anything but devastation for our economy and who think that only "rich" people will be paying for it, or that it will pay for itself, have rocks in your brains.

Dumb ass, do you get free Social Security? Free Medicare?

Even when we build this into a real healthcare system, the equal to that of the industrial nations of Europe and Asia, we will still have to pay for it.

Ame®icano;1693197 said:

mainstream demos right there, just like some of the nutter lazy welfare recipent low lives that post here.

OK, asshole, when you get done posting, crawl out of your mothers basement, and get a job yourself.

Note that the majority of the Blue States send more money in taxes to the feds than they get from the feds. The majority of the Red States recieve more money from feds than they send in.

Conservatives are obviously just too damned lazy to get a job, and must live off of the taxes that we liberals send in.

Them are the facts, ol' boy.

They're still mau-mauing and I'm sure that the "leadership" (for lack of a better term) is in the hallways twisting arms.

There is too much at stake, health care reform will get done. Aka....Insurance companies will become enriched through new mandatory coverage, if you don't get health insurance get ready to be taxed back to the stone ages. Big Pharma will be further enriched through less price negotiations for Medicare patients.....but lets all sit back and watch as the Democratic Congress and President fights for the uninsured....:cuckoo:

Sure, sure, that is why these companies have been spending 1.4 million a day on fighting this legislation.

It has already been proven it will not be cheaper. The current version of the public option will cost more.

OK, you flapped your yap, where does this wonderful peice of information come from?

A government program will actually lower your insurance payments? :lol: And they will somehow increase competition? :lol:

I suppose with some major wealth redistribution, the insurance premiums for a few lucky individuals would go down. But, of course, the cost of anything the government touches goes up. If Uncle Sam was in charge of computers, the costs would skyrocket and they would claim that the price went up because you're getting more for your money.

OK, you flapped your yap, where does this wonderful peice of information come from?
Medicare......It costs in excess of 10 times what it was projected to.

Your main blind spot is that you're believing that people who can't control the costs of anything that they've ever got their grubby mitts on, are somehow going to do so now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9SPdh4Nzy4]YouTube - What Have We Done? - Black Woman Doesn't Like Obama No-More[/ame]

They're still mau-mauing and I'm sure that the "leadership" (for lack of a better term) is in the hallways twisting arms.

There is too much at stake, health care reform will get done. Aka....Insurance companies will become enriched through new mandatory coverage, if you don't get health insurance get ready to be taxed back to the stone ages. Big Pharma will be further enriched through less price negotiations for Medicare patients.....but lets all sit back and watch as the Democratic Congress and President fights for the uninsured....:cuckoo:

Sure, sure, that is why these companies have been spending 1.4 million a day on fighting this legislation.
Obama's Deal With Big Pharma | PEEK | AlterNet
In one more sign that the U.S. no longer is a functioning democracy, the Obama Administration has struck a deal with Big Pharma: To win its support for health care reform, the Administration has promised that any reform legislation will ban the government from negotiating lower drug prices. So Big Pharma can charge whatever it wants for patented drugs. In return, the pharmaceuticals soon will begin a $150 million advertising campaign on behalf of reform.

All I can say is, those had better be damn good ads.

You care informing yourself....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This eliminates an area in which real cost savings could have been made. The savings in the area of pharmaceuticals has been capped at $80 billion over the next ten years. Many believe the government could have used its purchasing power to bring drug prices down.

Obama's Deal With Big Pharma | PEEK | AlterNet
In one more sign that the U.S. no longer is a functioning democracy, the Obama Administration has struck a deal with Big Pharma: To win its support for health care reform, the Administration has promised that any reform legislation will ban the government from negotiating lower drug prices. So Big Pharma can charge whatever it wants for patented drugs. In return, the pharmaceuticals soon will begin a $150 million advertising campaign on behalf of reform.

All I can say is, those had better be damn good ads.

You care informing yourself....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This eliminates an area in which real cost savings could have been made. The savings in the area of pharmaceuticals has been capped at $80 billion over the next ten years. Many believe the government could have used its purchasing power to bring drug prices down.

But ... but ... but ... there's no way the pharm companies could make a profit with it!

Couldn't agree more asa. Our elected officials passed this peice of shit bill. God knows what hidden that 2,000 pages that none of the clowns even bothered to read. I guess they can't see that writing thats all over the walls. Lets hope the Senators can see it. God I'm sure glad they know whats best for us taxpaying citizens. Whatever would we do without their hand on the wheel??? Assholes one and all.

Kinda funny how the first thing they did was opt themselves out of this primo healthcare plan. That kinda says it all for me.

Last edited:
Not so fast Obamacorn!
---------------------------------------------
Not so fast.

President Obama's victory dance yesterday for the House-passed health-care bill came as Senate foes -- mainly Republicans with one key Democrat moderate -- pronounced the measure mortally wounded, if not outright DOA.

from NY Post

Forum List

Back