Did U.S. Get Outsmarted by Balkan Muslims?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Long article - might want to print out to read.

July 26, 2006
As Bush Stands Firm in the Middle East, He Capitulates in Europe
By Julia Gorin, Jewish World Review
July 26, 2006

Writing for an outfit called FamilySecurityMatters.org last week, Weekly Standard contributor and longtime champion of Balkan Muslims Stephen Schwartz describes an overnight bus ride from Kosovo's capital Pristina to a resort town in Montenegro:

"A man behind me began speaking almost immediately and without stopping, in Albanian — which I understand…insistently focused on the nature of God (a favorite subject for Islamic fundamentalists), [and on] the nefarious influence of Sufis who thought they could reinterpret the faith, the evil intentions of Americans, Iraq, and bloodshed. I was startled because it is rare to hear Albanians, after the rescue of Kosovo, badmouth Americans…God is one, who are these people like this American who come and try to tell us how to be Muslims? What about Iraq? Why is this American here with his friend?"

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/julia/gorin072606.php3

Adam's Apple said:
Long article - might want to print out to read.

July 26, 2006
As Bush Stands Firm in the Middle East, He Capitulates in Europe
By Julia Gorin, Jewish World Review
July 26, 2006

Writing for an outfit called FamilySecurityMatters.org last week, Weekly Standard contributor and longtime champion of Balkan Muslims Stephen Schwartz describes an overnight bus ride from Kosovo's capital Pristina to a resort town in Montenegro:

"A man behind me began speaking almost immediately and without stopping, in Albanian — which I understand…insistently focused on the nature of God (a favorite subject for Islamic fundamentalists), [and on] the nefarious influence of Sufis who thought they could reinterpret the faith, the evil intentions of Americans, Iraq, and bloodshed. I was startled because it is rare to hear Albanians, after the rescue of Kosovo, badmouth Americans…God is one, who are these people like this American who come and try to tell us how to be Muslims? What about Iraq? Why is this American here with his friend?"

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/julia/gorin072606.php3
Great article and I must say, I'm not surprised.

Forum List

Back