Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The kid in the pic is five, and what leads you to say issues will be involved?

This has been a hot topic amongst women for years, I just wanted to see what a mixed bag had to say about it.

wanna bet the kid will get some shit at school....he better hope a Romney kinda kid aint there....:eusa_eh:

Or an Obama kinda kid either. In his own book he recounts bullying and beating up on a girl. Of course the Washington Post didn't choose to write a half book dissecting that event did it.

But many if not most kids can and will be very cruel when they are handed ammunition like that magazine cover.

Oh, my god. Fyrefox. What on earth led me to believe you were one of the honest ones? A bit of a bitch, but honest.

He shoved a girl. His own age. He was being teased, and he shoved her and she ran away. That is NOT bullying, nor is it 'beating up' and it's rather telling that you had to sink to a new low to make your point.

There was one other child in my class, though, who reminded me of a different sort of pain. Her name was Coretta, and before my arrival she had been the only black person in our grade. She was plump and dark and didn’t seem to have many friends. From the first day, we avoided each other but watched from a distance, as if direct contact would only remind us more keenly of our isolation.
Finally, during recess one hot, cloudless day, we found ourselves occupying the same corner of the playground. I don’t remember what we said to each other, but I remember that suddenly she was chasing me around the jungle gyms and swings. She was laughing brightly, and I teased her and dodged this way and that, until she finally caught me and we fell to the ground breathless. When I looked up, I saw a group of children, faceless before the glare of the sun, pointing down at us.
“Coretta has a boyfriend! Coretta has a boyfriend!”
The chants grew louder as a few more kids circled us.
“She’s not my g-girlfriend,” I stammered. I looked to Coretta for some assistance, but she just stood there looking down at the ground. “Coretta’s got a boyfriend! Why don’t you kiss her, mister boyfriend?”
“I’m not her boyfriend!” I shouted. I ran up to Coretta and gave her a slight shove; she staggered back and looked up at me, but still said nothing. “Leave me alone!” I shouted again. And suddenly Coretta was running, faster and faster, until she disappeared from sight. Appreciative laughs rose around me. Then the bell rang, and the teachers appeared to round us back into class.

Read more Mitt Romney's Empathy Problem : The New Yorker

wanna bet the kid will get some shit at school....he better hope a Romney kinda kid aint there....:eusa_eh:

Or an Obama kinda kid either. In his own book he recounts bullying and beating up on a girl. Of course the Washington Post didn't choose to write a half book dissecting that event did it.

But many if not most kids can and will be very cruel when they are handed ammunition like that magazine cover.

Oh, my god. Fyrefox. What on earth led me to believe you were one of the honest ones? A bit of a bitch, but honest.

He shoved a girl. His own age. He was being teased, and he shoved her and she ran away. That is NOT bullying, nor is it 'beating up' and it's rather telling that you had to sink to a new low to make your point.

There was one other child in my class, though, who reminded me of a different sort of pain. Her name was Coretta, and before my arrival she had been the only black person in our grade. She was plump and dark and didn’t seem to have many friends. From the first day, we avoided each other but watched from a distance, as if direct contact would only remind us more keenly of our isolation.
Finally, during recess one hot, cloudless day, we found ourselves occupying the same corner of the playground. I don’t remember what we said to each other, but I remember that suddenly she was chasing me around the jungle gyms and swings. She was laughing brightly, and I teased her and dodged this way and that, until she finally caught me and we fell to the ground breathless. When I looked up, I saw a group of children, faceless before the glare of the sun, pointing down at us.
“She’s not my g-girlfriend,” I stammered. I looked to Coretta for some assistance, but she just stood there looking down at the ground. “Coretta’s got a boyfriend! Why don’t you kiss her, mister boyfriend?”
“I’m not her boyfriend!” I shouted. I ran up to Coretta and gave her a slight shove; she staggered back and looked up at me, but still said nothing. “Leave me alone!” I shouted again. And suddenly Coretta was running, faster and faster, until she disappeared from sight. Appreciative laughs rose around me. Then the bell rang, and the teachers appeared to round us back into class.

My dear, you have never suggested or said to anybody that I was 'one of the honest ones." So lets not add insult to your normal insults okay?

Romney didn't beat up on anybody either. But if he did then Obama did. For him to respond to teasing by humiliating and abusing his friendship with the girl was no better than Romeny joining in on a prank that he doesn't remember, he can't imagine it going down as the Washington Post has related it and the family of the presumed bullied boy is saying that the story is factually incorrect as the Washington Post related it.

The point being that we all do things as kids that we would never do as adults. And for the left to attempt to destroy a man in this way is reprehensible and should be denounced by you, and by everybody else.

My dear, you have never suggested or said to anybody that I was 'one of the honest ones." So lets not add insult to your normal insults okay?

Romney didn't beat up on anybody either. But if he did then Obama did. For him to respond to teasing by humiliating and abusing his friendship with the girl was no better than Romeny joining in on a prank that he doesn't remember, he can't imagine it going down as the Washington Post has related it and the family of the presumed bullied boy is saying that the story is factually incorrect as the Washington Post related it.

The point being that we all do things as kids that we would never do as adults. And for the left to attempt to destroy a man in this way is reprehensible and should be denounced by you, and by everybody else.

So if I don't speak my thoughts aloud, they're not validated? What a strange thought.

By the way. It is in no way comparable, and you look like a flat-out idiot for trying to draw the comparison. Better?

Another factor that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the kid is adopted. Although it's unlikely that his Ethiopian parents will get a copy of Time magazine, how would you react if the child you'd put up for adoption featured on an internationally read magazine with his adoptive mother's nipple in his mouth?

In any case, the whole thing stinks of a cheap publicity stunt considering all the air time she's been given. Not to mention that she's also admitted that it was done to "cause a stir."

Jamie Lynne Grumet - Forbes

Oh please, FF!

What President Obama did in this instance was what every pre-pubescient (sp?) kid goes through. It wasn't a planned assault. It was a spur of the moment... my friends are teasing me, I have to do something about this defense that boys and girls go through all the time. As I said earlier, I would not be surprised to find out that Coretta was his first kiss.

The alledged incident with Romney was much different than a spur of the moment, let's get him attack. In degrees, it would be a first degree assualt. If Romney did as alledged he was being a bully. President Obama was being a little boy.

That doesn't make what President Obama did okay or alright, but at the worst it deserves a stern talking to that includes the words, "boys don't hit girls". Romney's alleged incident deserved nothing less than a week's suspension and possibly expulsion. Of course, money and influence dictated that wasn't gonna happen.

Immie

Oh please, FF!

What President Obama did in this instance was what every pre-pubescient (sp?) kid goes through. It wasn't a planned assault. It was a spur of the moment... my friends are teasing me, I have to do something about this defense that boys and girls go through all the time. As I said earlier, I would not be surprised to find out that Coretta was his first kiss.

The alledged incident with Romney was much different than a spur of the moment, let's get him attack. In degrees, it would be a first degree assualt. If Romney did as alledged he was being a bully. President Obama was being a little boy.

That doesn't make what President Obama did okay or alright, but at the worst it deserves a stern talking to that includes the words, "boys don't hit girls". Romney's alleged incident deserved nothing less than a week's suspension and possibly expulsion. Of course, money and influence dictated that wasn't gonna happen.

Immie

Only if you buy into the leftish media version of the event which neither Romney nor the family of the 'victim' do. If nothing like what probably did happen never happened in your highschool, then you must have been in a one-of-a-kind institution. Bullying, teasing, taunting, and youthful pranks have been going on since human history has been recorded . If you want to believe the worst of Romney and buy into an orchestrated attempt to destroy him, fine.

But let's let it drop here and move it onto one of the "let's all accuse and hate Mitt Romeny" threads and not further derail this one.

Oh please, FF!

Immie

Only if you buy into the leftish media version of the event which neither Romney nor the family of the 'victim' do. If nothing like what probably did happen never happened in your highschool, then you must have been in a one-of-a-kind institution. Bullying, teasing, taunting, and youthful pranks have been going on since human history has been recorded . If you want to believe the worst of Romney and buy into an orchestrated attempt to destroy him, fine.

But let's let it drop here and move it onto one of the "let's all accuse and hate Mitt Romeny" threads and not further derail this one.

Well, if you backtrack you'll find out that you derailed.

Secondly, I just now noticed that you said she was his friend. Read again. I won't bother highlighting, I know you can read. She wasn't his friend.

Oh please, FF!

Immie

The book goes on to say, and I am typing this verbatim from the book being open on another screen.

My act of betrayal bought me some room from the other children, and like Coretta, I was mostly left alone. I made a few friends, learned to speak less often in class, and managed to toss a wobbly football around. But from that day forward, a part of me felt trampled on, crushed, and I took refuge in the life that my grandparents led.

Oh please, FF!

Immie

Secondly, I just now noticed that you said she was his friend. Read again. I won't bother highlighting, I know you can read. She wasn't his friend.

I wasn't the one to insert the Romeny bullying incident though I did choose to counter it with the Obama incident, neither of which should now indict middle aged men neither of which have had a history of bullying people.

But since you choose to derail your own thrad, at least incorporate the whole pertinent text:

Finally, during recess one hot, cloudless day, we found ourselves occupying the same corner of the playground. I don’t remember what we said to each other, but I remember that suddenly she was chasing me around the jungle gym and swings. She was laughing brightly, and I teased her and dodged this way and that, until she finally caught me and we fell to the ground breathless. When I looked up, I saw a group of children, faceless before the glare of the sun, pointing down at us.

I wasn't the one to insert the Romeny bullying incident though I did choose to counter it with the Obama incident, neither of which should now indict middle aged men neither of which have had a history of bullying people.

But since you choose to derail your own thrad, at least incorporate the whole pertinent text:

Finally, during recess one hot, cloudless day, we found ourselves occupying the same corner of the playground. I don’t remember what we said to each other, but I remember that suddenly she was chasing me around the jungle gym and swings. She was laughing brightly, and I teased her and dodged this way and that, until she finally caught me and we fell to the ground breathless. When I looked up, I saw a group of children, faceless before the glare of the sun, pointing down at us.

Exactly! THANK YOU.

1) They weren't friends

2) He did not bully her

3) He did not beat her up

Everything you claimed, you just disproved.

Just in a practical sense, the woman's nips are probably hanging down to her knees by now. You have to take care of them, gravity does enough damage without some older kid hanging off of you.

I saw a clip that said she herself was breast fed until she was 5 or 6.

Oh please, FF!

Immie

Actually, FF, that is why I used the word alleged. I don't know whether or not he did it, but regardless the two instances are not at all comparable.

Immie

i know women who have breast fed up to 5 yrs old...as odd as it is to us...its natural to them

:eusa_think: Hmmmmmm...
Let folks decide for themselves?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA]Freedom! - Braveheart (9/9) Movie CLIP (1995) HD - YouTube[/ame]
I suppose that there ain't nothing wrong with good, old fashioned "FREEDOM!"

Yeah, the freedom of a mother to make her child forever and ever known as the boy from that creepy Time cover.

And the freedom of children to do what comes naturally and tease the bejeebus out of the unweaned kid.

I have to wonder at what age this behavior would be considered sexual abuse of a child. If he is 4 or 6?............Just saying.

Forum List

Back