Did THEY "Cherry Pick" the Intelligence?

LuvRPgrl said:
You are being kind in your description ! :)

The left is a strange breed.

On one hand, they emphatically claim, without doubt, there were no WMD's, even though its very plausable they were removed during the buildup to war

Yet at the very same time, they will catch a guy on video shooting someone, and refer to him as the "suspected" shooter.

The most unfuckingbelievable part of this is they dont see a problem with it, and they will defend it. Orwellian.

LOL You sound like an awfully angry person. Why would you be so harsh to someone you dont know? That's strange to me.

Harmageddon said:
Ok, so maybe I should have dropped the oil remark.
It's just something you hear a lot about, with Haliburton doing more reconstruction than drilling for oil, that was a little off-target.

What I was referring to with the "fraudulent idea" is the idea that America IS the sole force of good in the world, that everybody else is basically less good than America, and thus America's task in the world should be to defeat the "evil" in the world, and bring democracy in the wake of the destruction.

The idea that America is a sole force of good in the world is ridiculous.
If you look throughout history, not one nation in the world has ever been a force of good; instead, countries have done some good things and some bad things, like any other country.

But the idea, however untrue it may be, works marvelously as a unifying cause. The war on terror serves to keep the American people unified.

That is it's primary goal.

Secondary, a few dictators may be killed as well as some civilians that just happen to be born in the wrong place at the wrong time. But that is the secondary goal: and for it to serve the primary one, war needs to be continuous. Syria? Iran? What's it going to be?

I think you have your ideals skewed. Who is trying to prove they are "the sole force of good"? The US was attacked by Islamic radicals and it's payback time, simple as that.

If you don't want your ass shot off, don't get on my fence waving and yelling, and throwing rocks at my house.

GunnyL said:
I think he's out front and running based on the two posts of his I've read. :laugh:

Yah, still in the spreading it around stage. :coffee3:

Cabernet said:
LOL You sound like an awfully angry person. Why would you be so harsh to someone you dont know? That's strange to me.

You think that was an angry post??

What is your preference, vodka or scotch?

Forum List

Back