Did The Super Bowl Coverage Suck Or What???

Did the Super Coverage Suck?

• I'm not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Probably the worst coverage of a Super Bowl I've seen yet. Too much time was spent on all of the rich Hollywood folks that were there and not covering the game. Tracy Morgan even said at a party that "Somebody is gonna get pregnant tonight". I hope he advertised that to all the ladies because I expect that would go over like a fart in an elevator.

I had plenty to complain about on this one. The game was pretty good, but by the time it started, I didn't know much of anything about the teams and the guys playing in it.

Does anybody else feel the same?

Last edited:
I never even turn games like that on until about 15 minutes before they start. If I watch all of those pre-games shows I get burnt out before the game even begins. Same thing on race day with NASCAR. Enough all ready. Play the damned game and race the cars and quite talking just to hear yourself talk.

We watched the movie "Enchanted" on the Disney Channel instead. The singing was better and everyone lived happily ever after.

Probably the worst coverage of a Super Bowl I've seen yet. Too much time was spent on all of the rich Hollywood folks that were there and not covering the game. Tracy Morgan even said at a party that "Somebody is gonna get pregnant tonight". I hope he advertised that to all the ladies because I expect that would go over like a fart in an elevator.

I had plenty to complain about on this one. The game was pretty good, but by the time it started, I didn't know much of anything about the teams and the guys playing in it.

I thought it was a great game! The coverage worked for me!

Of the 3 major networks that cover the SB I like Fox best. Seems like they have all the best camera angles. (Maybe that's just comes down to the Director?) CBS is the worst, seems like the picture is never clear enough. (Maybe it's just me or my TV set). NBC is ok.

What I can't stand though and it seems CBS does this the most though they all do it, are the non-stop, in game commercials for their stupid TV shows. Why can't they wait till commercial time for that shit? I wanna' see who is in the huddle not get a commercial about next weeks "CSI: Fresno".

But what I hate the most about pre-game shows are the talking heads sitting around laughing at each others' stupid jokes and comments.

"Oh they're laughing, am I missing something?". I'm not missing anything because I never watch the pregame anymore.

frankly I think thats what ESPN is for now. Berman and the gang focus on the players a lot more closely.

And I gave up like many here on the pre game on networks for sure, I went awol when the owners finally whored themselves out to the inth degree by adding a week between the championship and SB...I never have watched another pre- game since...I turn on the channel at 330 and keep the sound off till kick off.

Last edited:
Fox Sports has always sucked. Big time. All those annoying sound effects for each and every graphic, that insipid dancing robot, talking heads (Bradshaw, Johnson et al) who may know football but couldn't communicate those thoughts to save their lives, all add up to a lousy TV sports experience.

I muted the Fox play by play and listened to Bill Hilgrove (the Voice of the Steelers) on FM.

Did anyone see one commercial they liked? I didn't! And Christian Aguillera has me re-thinking my position on gun control. I do believe shooting her before she screeched her way though the National Anthem would had been a kindness to all music loving citizens.

The game itself was fun to watch. The final score sucked. Altogether, a lousy evening of television.

Fox Sports has always sucked. Big time. All those annoying sound effects for each and every graphic, that insipid dancing robot, talking heads (Bradshaw, Johnson et al) who may know football but couldn't communicate those thoughts to save their lives, all add up to a lousy TV sports experience.

I muted the Fox play by play and listened to Bill Hilgrove (the Voice of the Steelers) on FM.

Did anyone see one commercial they liked? I didn't! And Christian Aguillera has me re-thinking my position on gun control. I do believe shooting her before she screeched her way though the National Anthem would had been a kindness to all music loving citizens.

The game itself was fun to watch. The final score sucked. Altogether, a lousy evening of television.

:lol: @ your gun control comment!

Forum List

Back