Did the SEIU buy Obama's election?

In my opinion, yes. And union members should be demanding their leadership pay every fucking penny back.

Yessss... THAT... Or, he won in a landslide after 8 years of Republican fuckupery.

i thought dems were against this kind of thing....they are furious over Citizens and constantly claim corporations buy elections....but apparently its ok for a union to spend $60 million dollars to elect a president...

i thought dems were against this kind of thing....they are furious over Citizens and constantly claim corporations buy elections....but apparently its ok for a union to spend $60 million dollars to elect a president...

doh dee doh doh doh.

I thought that angst was kind of strange too. Corporations and unions have always tried to influence elections. My understanding is that Citizens made it so they don't have to go through PACs anymore, and the corps' or union's general funds can now take a bee-line to the politicians' campaigns. I think.

Here's an interesting list of top donors from 89-10. SEIU is at #11.

Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2010 | OpenSecrets

Union money is a drop in the bucket compared to corprate money

so you are ok with unions spending 60 million dollars to elect a president?

yes or no

and provide proof corporations have spent more than 60 million to elect a president.

Hell yes! You too can spend that much and I won't quibble with you.

Proof? Politico reports that the Kochs have set a target goal for themselves of raising $88 million to “steer” towards Republican candidates and conservative causes in 2012.

Union money is a drop in the bucket compared to corprate money

so you are ok with unions spending 60 million dollars to elect a president?

yes or no

and provide proof corporations have spent more than 60 million to elect a president.

Hell yes! You too can spend that much and I won't quibble with you.

Proof? Politico reports that the Kochs have set a target goal for themselves of raising $88 million to “steer” towards Republican candidates and conservative causes in 2012.

that is not proof corporations have spent more than 60 million dollars to elect a president....

are you joking?

I thought that angst was kind of strange too. Corporations and unions have always tried to influence elections. My understanding is that Citizens made it so they don't have to go through PACs anymore, and the corps' or union's general funds can now take a bee-line to the politicians' campaigns. I think.

iirc....Citizens said corps and unions cannot give to an individual campaign, rather, they can use their money to buy ads and so forth, but cannot donate to a candidates campaign.

interesting link....it appears that corps actually give more money to democrats than republicans....this goes against what TM and other dems claim

Forum List

Back