Did the Russian social media trolls act any different than you or I?

A pretty good video that makes you think about all of this silliness.
It also shows just how far down the rabbit hole the "investigation" has gone.

I disagree with the American authorities' estimate of resources used by the Russians, both monetarily and in manpower . They are grossly underestimated.

And the Russians also recruit trolls who are sympathetic to their cause from outside of Russia.

Who is stupid enough to have their mind changed by some post from a random stranger on the net?
Seems most people here are cemented in their views and I have yet to see someone alter their beliefs based on a meme or article.
I have moderated some of my views after conversing with people on here.

And to deny that it worked would be to deny political advertising works.
Didn't work so well for the millions spent by the DNC.
Problem was the message and the candidate delivering it.

They were micro-targeting very specific districts. We need to know if they had any American help with that micro-targeting, yes?
Didn't I hear the Russians successfully "entered" some voter registration data bases? They must have used that information to target the voters, don't you think?

We don't know. If they got into voter registration rolls, they could cancel voters, move voters, change their names so their ID doesn't match. There's all kinds of rat fucking they can do WITHOUT hacking voting machines.

We need to know if they had help.
Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report
Well, regardless of whether there was KNOWING help, I'm curious to hear what Mueller finds relative to ALL the hacking and the sale to Wiki.

They were micro-targeting very specific districts. We need to know if they had any American help with that micro-targeting, yes?
Riddle me this...

Comey had FAR MORE INFLUENCE on the election. Why hasn't he been indicted for it? And yes, he was being paid to do it.

I agree that what Comey did was a breach of protocol that likely cost Hillary Clinton the election. It is what has fired for. That doesn't mean that Russian interference shouldn't be understood so we can prevent it.

I guess it depends on if you view what we do as the same as an organized campaign by paid operatives.

We say the same things and post the same absurd memes.

Do we seriously think we can control speech on the internet?

Amazin' ain't it?

Hillary did more harm to her campaign by denigrating nearly half the country with her 'basket of deplorables' remark...and the Left blames a few internet-savvy Russians, paid or otherwise. (not that the left minds sedition by paid campaign operatives - they just object when it's not their own) ;)
And she continues to be an albatross on the DFL with the latest that white conservative women can't think for themselves.
Apparently in their grief, the dems still can't get past the denial stage.
She's begun picking out her own clothes again, too. Did you see her in India in her bathrobe?

What is to prevent? It's pretty simple. Anything they were able to do already existed. Exploiting a division already that exists in society.

Who is stupid enough to have their mind changed by some post from a random stranger on the net?
Seems most people here are cemented in their views and I have yet to see someone alter their beliefs based on a meme or article.
I have moderated some of my views after conversing with people on here.
A moderation of views or even finding common ground is a far cry from changing core beliefs.

Riddle me this...

Comey had FAR MORE INFLUENCE on the election. Why hasn't he been indicted for it? And yes, he was being paid to do it.

I agree that what Comey did was a breach of protocol that likely cost Hillary Clinton the election. It is what has fired for. That doesn't mean that Russian interference shouldn't be understood so we can prevent it.
I think Hillary did more damage to herself than any outside entity did. I think Comey just further polarized the two sides.

And I don't see anyway to prevent outside influence. Do you support banning the foreigners on this very site that post propaghanda everyday? If not then you are not being honest with your position.

Riddle me this...

I think Hillary did more damage to herself than any outside entity did. I think Comey just further polarized the two sides.

And I don't see anyway to prevent outside influence. Do you support banning the foreigners on this very site that post propaghanda everyday? If not then you are not being honest with your position.
Grampa, listen to yourself. You want hostile foreign governments posting their propaganda against America on our site?
Is that what you're upholding?

Have you seen that new NRA-TV spot for Dana Loesch's new show? That goes way beyond "discussion." That's hate. I'm sure it goes the other way, as well. That's not good, Petro.
Haven't seen that. But the bitterness between the right and left of which both have gone to extreme polar opposites leaves most in the middle choosing between two sides that really don't reflect the views of centrists or independents.
The hateful rhetoric does flow both ways, and that I can agree is not healthy for society.

Riddle me this...

Grampa, listen to yourself. You want hostile foreign governments posting their propaganda against America on our site?
What makes you think they aren't already? There are tons of foreigners on this site. You don't know their position in life. Are they government paid posters or regular citizens? Are you going to investigate every one of them? Are you going to support banning non citizens to protect yourself from their propaghanda?

If not and you support the Russian indictments then you are not thinking clearly.

Have you seen that new NRA-TV spot for Dana Loesch's new show? That goes way beyond "discussion." That's hate. I'm sure it goes the other way, as well. That's not good, Petro.
Haven't seen that. But the bitterness between the right and left of which both have gone to extreme polar opposites leaves most in the middle choosing between two sides that really don't reflect the views of centrists or independents.
The hateful rhetoric does flow both ways, and that I can agree is not healthy for society.
This possible new "breed" of Democrat they are talking about since the Pennsylvania special election is actually what was always called a moderate, and I'm all for it. Straddling the fence is not a crime, in my book. As a matter of fact, I do it all the time. Yesterday a poster told me I am a liberal, just not a radical one. Maybe what I should have said was "I'm not a Democrat." There is more and more of a difference these days.

Riddle me this...

What makes you think they aren't already? There are tons of foreigners on this site. You don't know their position in life. Are they government paid posters or regular citizens? Are you going to investigate every one of them? Are you going to support banning non citizens to protect yourself from their propaghanda?

If not and you support the Russian indictments then you are not thinking clearly.
Facebook and Google were able to identify many Russian bots and posters. They know the IP addresses of the most active propaganda sites. They were actually able to trace some who paid for ads in Russian currency, even. Do I think every foreigner should be banned? No. Do I think we should shrug and say "fine" to the Russians' bullshit on social media? NO. There is another way.

Forum List

Back