Did the NY Times Just Get Obama Fired ?

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
This isn't my attack. And it isn't really Forbes. This article is taking from a NYT's article that provides some interesting insights into our sitting President.

The conclusions are somewhat connected, but we'll see just how much the left can stomach of a rather critical view of their hero.

New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO - Forbes

The story is called “The Competitor in Chief — Obama Plays To Win, In Politics and Everything Else.” It is devastating.

It calls out two glarring weaknesses:

But the NYT piece is not about any of that. Rather, it is a deep look into the two outstanding flaws in Obama’s executive leadership. This is just a start:

1. How he vastly overrates his capabilities:

But even those loyal to Mr. Obama say that his quest for excellence can bleed into cockiness and that he tends to overestimate his capabilities. The cloistered nature of the White House amplifies those tendencies, said Matthew Dowd, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, adding that the same thing happened to his former boss. “There’s a reinforcing quality,” he said, a tendency for presidents to think, I’m the best at this.

There is something wrong with obama. Call it narcissistic personality disorder, but it's certainly something. This article states it as well as any other.

I've read two books by Obama supporters, Confidence Men and Escape Artists, and both paint a similar portrait, a man at sea, unsure of the best track but unwilling to make a decision and wehn he does everyone else ignores it.

I've read two books by Obama supporters, Confidence Men and Escape Artists, and both paint a similar portrait, a man at sea, unsure of the best track but unwilling to make a decision and wehn he does everyone else ignores it.

These were supporters ?

My guess is that Romney has something of an Ego too.

However, it seems like he has a penchant for pullling a team together and staying focused on the goal.

Even if that is making money.

My guess is that Romney has something of an Ego too.

However, it seems like he has a penchant for pullling a team together and staying focused on the goal.

Even if that is making money.

Of course he does. You wouldn't want the job otherwise. The difference is that Romney is actually good at what he does. Obama just thinks he is.

I've read your and the Rabbi's msgs....

and have this twist to add. While he appears to be a super-narcissist, we have more than one report that he consults Valerie Jarrett on damn near every decision he makes. We seem to have signs of an overly confident man who totally lacks confidence.

There's something more than just "wrong" here.

Here was number 2.

2. How he spends extraordinary amounts of time and energy to compete in — trivialities.

For someone dealing with the world’s weightiest matters, Mr. Obama spends surprising energy perfecting even less consequential pursuits. He has played golf 104 times since becoming president, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, who monitors his outings, and he asks superior players for tips that have helped lower his scores. He decompresses with card games on Air Force One, but players who do not concentrate risk a reprimand (“You’re not playing, you’re just gambling,” he once told Arun Chaudhary, his former videographer).

His idea of birthday relaxation is competing in an Olympic-style athletic tournament with friends, keeping close score. The 2009 version ended with a bowling event. Guess who won, despite his history of embarrassingly low scores? The president, it turned out, had been practicing in the White House alley.

I'd like to learn more about this kind of thing.

Obama really has been a strange bird.

This was an interesting add from Thomas Sowell on a different article:

Obama's Dreams | RealClearPolitics

After reading Barack Obama's book "Dreams from My Father," it became painfully clear that he has not been searching for the truth, because he assumed from an early age that he had already found the truth -- and now it was just a question of filling in the details and deciding how to change things.

Obama did not simply happen to encounter a lot of people on the far left fringe during his life. As he spells out in his book, he actively sought out such people. There is no hint of the slightest curiosity on his part about other visions of the world that might be weighed against the vision he had seized upon.

As Professor Richard Epstein of the University of Chicago Law School has pointed out, Obama made no effort to take part in the marketplace of ideas with other faculty members when he was teaching a law course there. What would be the point, if he already knew the truth and knew that they were wrong?

This would be a remarkable position to take, even for a learned scholar who had already spent decades canvassing a vast amount of information and views on many subjects. But Obama was already doctrinaire at a very early age -- and ill-informed or misinformed on both history and economics.

Sowell talks about Intellectuals and Society in his book by the same name. He has no respect for people like this.

Obama is a one-termer.

There is something wrong with obama. Call it narcissistic personality disorder, but it's certainly something. This article states it as well as any other.

I honestly believe that Obama has bought the hateful vitriol of racists. He has not always covered it up either. He loves to put on a smiling face but behind the scenes if people could see him, his ass would be out of office so fast. Clint Eastwood must've picked up on that when he said, "no, I'm going to tell Mister Romney to do that to himself.....no I'm not going to do that to myself either."

I honestly believe that Obama has bought the hateful vitriol of racists. He has not always covered it up either. He loves to put on a smiling face but behind the scenes if people could see him, his ass would be out of office so fast. Clint Eastwood must've picked up on that when he said, "no, I'm going to tell Mister Romney to do that to himself.....no I'm not going to do that to myself either."

I go beyond that...I think he's a personality type (INTJ) in the Meyers-Briggs typology) that is very confident and has no use for the opinions of others. He's taken it to a new level.

He honestly thinks we are against him because he hasn't explained it well enough.

I thought Ryan knocked that one out of the park.

I go beyond that...I think he's a personality type (INTJ) in the Meyers-Briggs typology) that is very confident and has no use for the opinions of others. He's taken it to a new level.

He honestly thinks we are against him because he hasn't explained it well enough.

I disagree. I think Obama has a self righteous and knowingly destructive agenda. That is why he has shied away from explaining his motives. And I think that he borders on being a psychopath and that is why he has made so many boldfaced lies. It's easy to do too when the media rarely if ever takes him to task.

I disagree. I think Obama has a self righteous and knowingly destructive agenda. That is why he has shied away from explaining his motives. And I think that he borders on being a psychopath and that is why he has made so many boldfaced lies. It's easy to do too when the media rarely if ever takes him to task.

His management style is certainly a strange one.

It would be interesting to see what the insiders think. Is Obama just the Affirmative Action President who is little more than a figurehead and teleprompter reader ? Or is he in the middle of things the way Romney will be ?

Compare the two conventions, and the skill of the teams putting them together. That is, look at the GOP train wreck, compared to the smoothly running Democratic convention. President Obama is an able leader who can put together a good team. Mitt isn't. And it's interesting to watch the projection fantasies of those who claim the opposite, despite what reality shows.

Romney's leadership style? He responded to the disaster of his convention by ... taking a long break. Just as Kerry, Dukakis and other famous losers did.

Compare the two conventions, and the skill of the teams putting them together. That is, look at the GOP train wreck, compared to the smoothly running Democratic convention. President Obama is an able leader who can put together a good team. Mitt isn't. And it's interesting to watch the projection fantasies of those who claim the opposite, despite what reality shows.

Romney's leadership style? He responded to the disaster of his convention by ... taking a long break. Just as Kerry, Dukakis and other famous losers did.

RealClear now has it a tie. The swing states continue to tighten up.

Those are facts.

Your comments about the conventions are just opinions.

Obama is an able-bodied leader ?

He was such a good leader the American People yanked the House away from him in historic fashion (that is a fact) and will take the Senate from him in 2012 (not fact...a probability....despite the moron in Missouri).

They must really like his leadership. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

P.S.

Can someone point me to the other thread....is it in this forum ?

Last edited:

While I didn't read 'Escape Artists,' I found 'Confidence Men' jaw-dropping....

Things like this: Lawrence Summers is quoted as saying to Budget Director Peter Orzag at a dinner that 'There's no adult in charge. Clinton would never have made these mistakes.'

They all know...and knew!

While I didn't read 'Escape Artists,' I found 'Confidence Men' jaw-dropping....

Things like this: Lawrence Summers is quoted as saying to Budget Director Peter Orzag at a dinner that 'There's no adult in charge. Clinton would never have made these mistakes.'

They all know...and knew!

Summers was the real villain of both books. He threw a fit because he wanted a government car. And Emanuel promised him one. And then found out he couldn't do that legally.
So Obama would want advice on a policy. Geithner and Summers would weigh in. Romer too. He'd ignore Romer, being female. Tell Summers to do what Geithner said. And Summers would ignore him. And nothing would happen.

obama-narcissist-in-chief1.jpg

This isn't my attack. And it isn't really Forbes. This article is taking from a NYT's article that provides some interesting insights into our sitting President.

The conclusions are somewhat connected, but we'll see just how much the left can stomach of a rather critical view of their hero.

New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO - Forbes

The story is called “The Competitor in Chief — Obama Plays To Win, In Politics and Everything Else.” It is devastating.

It calls out two glarring weaknesses:

But the NYT piece is not about any of that. Rather, it is a deep look into the two outstanding flaws in Obama’s executive leadership. This is just a start:

1. How he vastly overrates his capabilities:

But even those loyal to Mr. Obama say that his quest for excellence can bleed into cockiness and that he tends to overestimate his capabilities. The cloistered nature of the White House amplifies those tendencies, said Matthew Dowd, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, adding that the same thing happened to his former boss. “There’s a reinforcing quality,” he said, a tendency for presidents to think, I’m the best at this.

A devastating article that will be ignored by all on the left. He's a prisoner of minutia, regarding politics, not issues. He's not Carter-doesn't have the attention span. He's not Clinton, doesn't have the broad vision. He's Barack, a small person with a lot to prove, to himself.

Here was number 2.

2. How he spends extraordinary amounts of time and energy to compete in — trivialities.

For someone dealing with the world’s weightiest matters, Mr. Obama spends surprising energy perfecting even less consequential pursuits. He has played golf 104 times since becoming president, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, who monitors his outings, and he asks superior players for tips that have helped lower his scores. He decompresses with card games on Air Force One, but players who do not concentrate risk a reprimand (“You’re not playing, you’re just gambling,” he once told Arun Chaudhary, his former videographer).

His idea of birthday relaxation is competing in an Olympic-style athletic tournament with friends, keeping close score. The 2009 version ended with a bowling event. Guess who won, despite his history of embarrassingly low scores? The president, it turned out, had been practicing in the White House alley.

I'd like to learn more about this kind of thing.

Obama really has been a strange bird.

He's competitive? He asks good golfers for tips?

And thats one of his two bad points?

Forum List

Back