Did the freed slaves ever get their 40 acres and a mule?

If so, then:

PAID IN FULL...

Stop keep trying to get something for nothing off the backs of white people.

Actually, no ... they didn't.

'40 acres and a mule' was a provision of Special Field Order 15 of the Union Army. During Reconstruction, almost all of land distribution done under this order was reversed and the land returned to former slave holders.

Reconstruction policies favored wage earning jobs for freed blacks versus agrarian land reform.

If so, then:

PAID IN FULL...

No dummy. Whats worse some people were given land and then after Lincoln died they took it and gave it back to the white ex-plantation owners. This is one of the reasons reparations should be paid.

Blacks have most of Detroit, East Saint Louis, South side of Chicago, what more land do they want?

If so, then:

PAID IN FULL...

No dummy. Whats worse some people were given land and then after Lincoln died they took it and gave it back to the white ex-plantation owners. This is one of the reasons reparations should be paid.

Blacks have most of Detroit, East Saint Louis, South side of Chicago, what more land do they want?

All the land the ex slave owners owned.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
They didn't. The Democrat that took charge after Lincoln was assassinated made sure that most of them didn't. Somehow I know some that did though, well, their ancestors did. What's up with that? :eek:

Actually the land wasn't whitey's to buy, sell, give or take...….everyone should pay reparations to Native Americans & go back where ya came from

If so, then:

PAID IN FULL...

They probably weren't paying their taxes on the land.

If so, then:

PAID IN FULL...

They probably weren't paying their taxes on the land.
Pretty sure they werent paying any taxes on the land. Why would whites pay taxes if the Black people owned it?

Actually the land wasn't whitey's to buy, sell, give or take...….everyone should pay reparations to Native Americans & go back where ya came from
I'd be happy to pay reparations if the ones who received it would go back to the Congo and stay there.

Not everyone. Blacks were bought here. We did not immigrate.

Actually NA's immigrated from Asia and killed off the indigenous people

There is no evidence of any indigenous peoples in North America prior to the Asian Migrations. Life would have to have had to originate from somewhere. The prevailing theories maintain that to be Eastern Africa.

Actually NA's immigrated from Asia and killed off the indigenous people

There is no evidence of any indigenous peoples in North America prior to the Asian Migrations. Life would have to have had to originate from somewhere. The prevailing theories maintain that to be Eastern Africa.
Theres a ton of evidence. Youre right about Africa though. The indigenous people of this continent looked like Melanesians and Tongans

New migration to Americas revealed

I'd be happy to pay reparations if the ones who received it would go back to the Congo and stay there.

Everybody wasn't from the Congo. And since whites did purchase our ancestors, whites would have to pay us reparations for lost wages and human rights violations, foot the bill for all the research necessary to find the ancestry of each black person living in the US and pay the fares back to the country each black person came from.

If so, then:

PAID IN FULL...

So in your opinion it is wrong to try to get something for nothing off the backs of others?

You have to take history in context.
No I don't, nor does anyone else.

Some things are wrong, immoral and unethical irrespective of the time in history in which they occurred . If you don't believe me, all you have to do is ask "how would I respond if I or any of my loved ones could be abducted, beaten, raped, sold, and/or murdered for refusing to toil on demand for someone else without there being any legal repercussions against the perpetrators for these acts of violence, particularly when identical acts of violence are committed against members of a different race, the victims not only scream bloody murder, but they expect, demand and in most cases receive at least a measure of justice if not full vindication.

If you want to take the position that it was ever okay for there to have existed a system of apartheid in the United States of America then you can't then turn around and attempt to defend the white racists who created this system and ensured it's survival for centuries because then that would mean that those people (the racists) and everyone who participated, perpetuated, and protected this system of institutional racism are exactly the type of vile and evil people that some of the African American members who post here have alleged, yet the only retort that ever seems to arise is that they/we are the real racists.

Do you have any idea the utter stupidity that has to be involved to arrive at that conclusion based on this particular set of facts?

Forum List

Back