Did the Family Research Council create the environment that led to this attack?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
A gay man was brutally beaten on Monday night after stepping out of a taxi in Columbia Heights.
The attack happened around 9:15 pm on Monday night on Georgia Avenue. The 29-year-old victim says the homophobic remarks began as he stepped out of a taxi.

It wasn't long before the suspects assaulted him. The victim managed to call his partner for help during the attack, but the suspects turned off his phone.

The victims jaw was shattered into two pieces before he was attacked again and dragged along the sidewalk. The suspects stole the victim’s iPhone, iPad, and wallet. He is still in the hospital.

Anti-Gay Hate Crime in Columbia Heights | NBC4 Washington

The reason I ask is because the Family Research Council has released a statement saying that the Southern Poverty Law Center created the environment that led to the security guard shooting yesterday.

A gay man was brutally beaten on Monday night after stepping out of a taxi in Columbia Heights.
The attack happened around 9:15 pm on Monday night on Georgia Avenue. The 29-year-old victim says the homophobic remarks began as he stepped out of a taxi.

It wasn't long before the suspects assaulted him. The victim managed to call his partner for help during the attack, but the suspects turned off his phone.

The victims jaw was shattered into two pieces before he was attacked again and dragged along the sidewalk. The suspects stole the victim’s iPhone, iPad, and wallet. He is still in the hospital.

The reason I ask is because the Family Research Council has released a statement saying that the Southern Poverty Law Center created the environment that led to the security guard shooting yesterday.

Nope...the responsibility falls on all the democratic low life..........

I'd like to know if either group has such power.

I doubt they do. Though it would seem that FRC must take some responsibility for attacks on gays if they are claiming that the SPLC must also take responsibility for an attack on FRC.

At the same time, I really don't agree that labeling someone a bigot is the same thing as being a bigot.

Any company, any person that supports traditional marriage led to this attack. That's what the attack was all about.

I think both sides are going to use this shooting to reinforce their belief systems instead of taking time out to do a little healthy navel gazing.

Be careful lefties. Suggesting that a victim invited attack opens a very dangerous can 'o worms.

They open that same can of worms at every turn. The worms have since rotted and they are still throwing them out there. This tactic is every bit as worn out as the race card, but it's all they've got to protect all that is liberal.

That was a predictable response from the left. They claim we asked for the 9/11 attack. They claimed that troops asked to be brutally murdered for burning the Koran. They claim we ask for more terrorist attacks for questioning radical Imams at mosques. They claim a lot of really insane stuff, but they can't say anything bad about anyone on the left, no matter how horrible the act.

It's always going to be the fault of non-liberals, even when they are victims.

They never blame minorities, radical leftie groups (like Occupoopers), liberal politicians or terrorists. Political correctness is their creed no matter how stupid it is.

Damn, did I call it in the other thread or what?
No one "created an environment." A meshugene faygola took a gun and wanted to shoot people. I dont know what environment would make someone do that.
It is nonsense. The faygola needs to go to jail for a long time where he can his "needs" serviced by Darnell nightly.

Be careful lefties. Suggesting that a victim invited attack opens a very dangerous can 'o worms.

They open that same can of worms at every turn. The worms have since rotted and they are still throwing them out there. This tactic is every bit as worn out as the race card, but it's all they've got to protect all that is liberal.

That was a predictable response from the left. They claim we asked for the 9/11 attack. They claimed that troops asked to be brutally murdered for burning the Koran. They claim we ask for more terrorist attacks for questioning radical Imams at mosques. They claim a lot of really insane stuff, but they can't say anything bad about anyone on the left, no matter how horrible the act.

They never blame minorities, radical leftie groups (like Occupoopers), liberal politicians or terrorists. Political correctness is their creed no matter how stupid it is.

that's right. It's interesting that the left is defending crazy violence and attempted murder.

If a gay community group was attacked right after a gay pride parade wouldn't they have invited such an attack too?

No one "created an environment." A meshugene faygola took a gun and wanted to shoot people. I dont know what environment would make someone do that.
It is nonsense. The faygola needs to go to jail for a long time where he can his "needs" serviced by Darnell nightly.

So you disagree with the Family Research Council?

that's right. It's interesting that the left is defending crazy violence and attempted murder.
I haven't seen anyone on the left defend this dope.

So you disagree with the Family Research Council?

I disagree that's a question. Do you have a question here?

I haven't seen anyone on the left defend this dope.

Whitehall is lying knowingly.

Yeah I am sure it had nothing to do with Liberal Groups Labeling them a Hate group, no it was all their Fault.

Jesus the Things Liberals will say blow my mind.

Yeah I am sure it had nothing to do with Liberal Groups Labeling them a Hate group, no it was all their Fault.

Jesus the Things Liberals will say blow my mind.

And the attack on the gay man had nothing to do with the fact FRC still make the argument homosexuality is a mental disorder. I don't blame them for what these people do, but when you put out stuff like this. http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF10F01.pdf
People will read it.

And if use words like homosexual agenda, people take notice.

FRC should not blame a group for this man's own actions. And we should only blame the people who beat up the gay man... But maybe the answer is to dial down the hate on both sides?

Forum List

Back