Did the Democrats start the trend of interrupting Presidential speeches?

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Just saying, Wilson is not the first time a president speaking in front of congress was interrupted by a member or members of that congress.

And in reality people stop and cheer constantly, interrupting presidents, is that tacit approval of a comment giving an opening to those who may want to boo instead? Could be...its an interesting thought excercise to think of at least.

EDIT: I think yelling out liar was out of line.

There's a big difference between collective boos and cheers and a single idiot blurting shit out.

(and the collective booing didn't first happen in 2005)

see my above post, you can hear them shouting out words in the video, they are just not able to be deciphered over the booing.

Since it started before 2005 whats the beef with an interuption?

watch that video, you can hear the democrats shouting out words at bush too, but they are hard to understand.

I'm just saying whats the beef, presidents are interrupted all the time....wilson called obama out inappropriately then apologized, obama accepted it...then the congress got to work making the wording stricter in the bill in regards to illegals.

Job done.

Actually, as soon as Wilson apologized, I no longer thought it was a big deal, to tell you the truth. Seemed like an accidental outburst by a guy who got carried away.

But the subsequent media attention to the subject, attempting to make it seem like Wilson was right to do what he did, is honestly beginning to piss me off.

see my above post, you can hear them shouting out words in the video, they are just not able to be deciphered over the booing.

They aren't shouting anything on the video. They are grumbling and booing, but not screaming "liar" at the top of their lungs, like Wilson did.

They aren't shouting anything on the video. They are grumbling and booing, but not screaming "liar" at the top of their lungs, like Wilson did.

whats that grumbling?? Is that booing or grumbling...is grubling words?

Nit pick this, nit pick that, it is what it is.

watch that video, you can hear the democrats shouting out words at bush too, but they are hard to understand.

I'm just saying whats the beef, presidents are interrupted all the time....wilson called obama out inappropriately then apologized, obama accepted it...then the congress got to work making the wording stricter in the bill in regards to illegals.

Job done.

Actually, as soon as Wilson apologized, I no longer thought it was a big deal, to tell you the truth. Seemed like an accidental outburst by a guy who got carried away.

But the subsequent media attention to the subject, attempting to make it seem like Wilson was right to do what he did, is honestly beginning to piss me off.

YEah thats just wrong, there was nothing right about him interrupting the president. I just get a kick out of all the different reactions to it.

Like you once he apologized and obama accepted it i though the issue was dead....but some want to ride the Wilson Called Obama a liar bus for a few more days so i figured i'll tag along for the ride and see if anything fun happens along the way.

YEah thats just wrong, there was nothing right about him interrupting the president. I just get a kick out of all the different reactions to it.

Like you once he apologized and obama accepted it i though the issue was dead....but some want to ride the Wilson Called Obama a liar bus for a few more days so i figured i'll tag along for the ride and see if anything fun happens along the way.

ROFL. Works for me.

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Just saying, Wilson is not the first time a president speaking in front of congress was interrupted by a member or members of that congress.

And in reality people stop and cheer constantly, interrupting presidents, is that tacit approval of a comment giving an opening to those who may want to boo instead? Could be...its an interesting thought excercise to think of at least.

EDIT: I think yelling out liar was out of line.

There's a big difference between collective boos and cheers and a single idiot blurting shit out.

(and the collective booing didn't first happen in 2005)

Again, there's a big difference between collective boos and one guy who can't control himself and blurts stuff out. I think we all know full well that if Rahm Emmanuel blurted out "you lie" during a Bush speech to Congress a few years ago the right would have had a collective conniption fit over it.

I said it in another thread: it's not the that he said it or what he said that is the issue, it's the forum and ORDER in which he said it. If some Dem had shouted out something like, "hell yeah!" or "right on!" in the middle of the speech when only the POTUS was talking they would look like equally the idiot ... for shouting out of order.

Personally, I was over it the second it happened. My reaction was along the lines of "wow, what a jackass" and then I moved on. Unfortunately, one of the downsides of being a moderator on a political msg board is that the issue doesn't go away as we have people on both the left and right who can't seem to get over it and post thread after thread about it trying to either justify Wilson or to attack him.

After eight years of the loony left calling Bush and Cheney every vile name in the book, attacking our troops, trashing our intelligence gathering, bashing the religious, and whatnot, all of the sudden they are consumed with proper decorum?
Wow.... really?

Forum List

Back