CDZ Did the attention focused on Parkland shooting, and the survivors encourage the latest school shoots

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
After Parkland you had the CNN Town Hall where there was a lot of emotion....you had rallies around the country, and you had students walking out of their schools......and then you had the Parkland survivors, the two more famous ones getting a national stage, in D.C, the Townhall, and on every cable network....

Is it likely that all of this attention coming from that shooting made it more attractive for the latest shooters to do their attacks? Not that the actual shooter gets much anymore since he is in jail...but look at all of the noise he created with his shooting......

After Parkland you had the CNN Town Hall where there was a lot of emotion....you had rallies around the country, and you had students walking out of their schools......and then you had the Parkland survivors, the two more famous ones getting a national stage, in D.C, the Townhall, and on every cable network....

Is it likely that all of this attention coming from that shooting made it more attractive for the latest shooters to do their attacks? Not that the actual shooter gets much anymore since he is in jail...but look at all of the noise he created with his shooting......

Quite possibly. Humans are not soo evolved from monkeys as we'd like to think.

Does that mean we can't have tv shows or history books covering the atrocities of Stalin? Perhaps we need to avoid making a romantic figure out of him like we do to some of our wild west outlaws. I just didn't read that much favorable about the shooter in Parkland though.

I blame the Dana Loesch fan, irresponsible gun owner father far more than I blame survivors of mass gun slaughters.

I blame the Dana Loesch fan, irresponsible gun owner father far more than I blame survivors of mass gun slaughters.

The Dad? He isn't holding national Town Halls, Rallies, and walk outs.....giving the future shooters a dream of having the ability to effect millions of people around the country with a school shooting.....you guys have done that.

The Dad? He isn't holding national Town Halls, Rallies, and walk outs.....giving the future shooters a dream of having the ability to effect millions of people around the country with a school shooting.....you guys have done that.
He’s not being responsible with his guns either

What's the alternative though? Don't cover the news? Most anything that kills a dozen ppl, especially kids and white kids, gets the news.

Heck, they make movies about a white girl who gets her arm bit off by a shark.

I agree with your theory about the copycats. I just don't know what to do about it that doesn't involve public torture of the mass shooters (which I'm not entirely against after conviction)

Forum List

Back