Did someone turn the fan on?

pete

The food stamp president
Oct 31, 2008
CHICAGO — President-elect Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, communicated with the office of Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich of Illinois about potential candidates for Mr. Obama’s Senate seat and provided a list of names, according to two Obama associates briefed on the matter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/us/politics/14emanuel.html?hp

He isn't clean ...

Mr. Obama has said he has never spoken with the governor about the seat. But Mr. Obama’s aides have declined for five days to answer publicly questions about what discussions they had about the seat, with several saying they were doing so at the request of the office of Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the United States attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.

Why decline for 5 days ... oh wait time to get the stories straight and choose a fall guy.

Mr. Obama said Thursday that his aides were looking through all of their possible contacts with the governor and would release more information in the coming days. Republicans, meanwhile, have raised questions about Mr. Obama’s refusal to say more and about his past ties with the main characters in the story.

Yea, once the feds and the rest decide what will be released.

Last edited:

If I were to say to you guys last week at this time, Rahm Emanuel, Obama's pick for chief of staff has been communicating to the Illinois gov. about who is best suited for Obama's senate seat, none of you would care, raise any objections or question it. But because the gov. communicated to his own people that he wanted to sell the senate seat.

The governer kept cursing because Emanuel wouldn't play ball. Remember? Obama's a motherbleeper?

No, they will not remember. In fact, they will purposely lie about the fact that Obama would not play ball with the crook.
Well at least not this time if indeed he didnt! That would have been a campaign killer so he had to distance himself.

IMO, Obama and his staff did not get into any pay to play crap. However, I feel that they knew about it and failed to publicly step forward and expose it. Nevertheless, Obama has more important issues on his plate than this and we have bigger worries with Obama than this. I wish this were the worse he could do.

No, they will not remember. In fact, they will purposely lie about the fact that Obama would not play ball with the crook.

First off, Obama hasn't been PROVEN clean. Only that he wouldn't play ball. How pray tell did the Governor know this if he did not communicate with Obama nor anyone on his staff, as Obama stated?

Do try to note through your select-a-vision that I am NOT stating Obama has done anything. The point here would be no one but Obama and/or one or more of his staff and the Gov know at this point whether he did or did not communicate with the Gov.

I bet Obama is so grateful right now that Blago said that.

I actually think that one, people knew Obama was dirty when they voted for him, and two, no one really cares, except that Blago goes down an amusing way.

Obama has played Chicago Politics for most of his adult life. And we are supposed to think he had no part in this? None of us are that stupid. The electorate knew what they were buying, this is no surprise, and they really didn't care before, and they care less now.

What an incomprehesible gibberish you people have to make of the news to attack Obama on this issue.

He said that he did not personally talk to Blago, and that his staff is not involved in any move to pay for putting somebody into his Senate seat.

From that, the radical nitwits on the right attempt to insinuate there is a huge scandal waiting in the wings.

We're waiting, but we're waiting knowing that Fitzpatrick knows perfectly well who Blago met, and what was said, too.

Apparently the right wing nutters on this board can't think this issue through very clearly.

Did Blago suggest that he expected consideration for appointing an Obama selectee?

I do not doubt it.

Was his offer rebuffed?

It was if you believe Blago's own words AND the statements from Fitgerald.

STILL, the idiots on this board are trying to make poltical gold from straw.

On Monday, Obama issued a statement saying he and his staff were "not involved in inappropriate discussions," but acknowledged there were "communications."

Previously, David Axelrod, a close adviser to Obama, had to retract statements he made about Obama speaking to Blagojevich about the seat.

Apparently, the public won't get the full story about Obama's role in a process that has gone horribly awry until the U.S. attorney's office tells the Obama camp it can release a review into the matter.

Obama's Senate list a big miss :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Mary Mitchell

As mentioned previously we will never know. BullShit!!

We have so many problems right now, the man hasn't even become President, and those of you that don't like him are already attacking him on this. Unbelievable

I don't know what happened here, and if Obama played a role in it then he should get blasted for it, but you'd think that some of you people(even if you HATE him) would really be rooting for him in the time we're in instead of already attacking him on something like this before he's even President.

What's next, blow jobs?

Reporter - "Excuse me Pres - elect Obama, can you comment on the Governor of Illinois and his recent actions?"

Obama - "I want to re-iterate, I did not have sexual relations with that Governor!"

We have so many problems right now, the man hasn't even become President, and those of you that don't like him are already attacking him on this. Unbelievable

I don't know what happened here, and if Obama played a role in it then he should get blasted for it, but you'd think that some of you people(even if you HATE him) would really be rooting for him in the time we're in instead of already attacking him on something like this before he's even President.

What's next, blow jobs?

Reporter - "Excuse me Pres - elect Obama, can you comment on the Governor of Illinois and his recent actions?"

Obama - "I want to re-iterate, I did not have sexual relations with that Governor!"

I never said I hated him ... but he is involved somehow and after all the bullshit he preached throughout the campaign ... just another politician !!!

By the way in response to the bold ... sounds like another ex president !!

I don't know what happened here,

But you do know...Obama has told you, and Fitzgerald's action and statements back up what Obama said,

What you are allowing to happen here is give these groundless insinuations as much credibility as the actual testimony which completely totally refutes them.

Now it might be reasonable to doubt Obama.

But Fitzgerald?

Forum List

Back