Did Someone Mention Pride?

$145.jpg$134.jpg

My 15 y/o daughter just came home and announced that she is going to attend the "Occupy" event this Saturday in our area.

Ain't life grand?!

Strange how things change. When I was 15 I didn't "announce" many things to my parents. I asked permission. Guess parent/child relationships like that have went out of style these days.

I guess if one tries hard enough, it is possible to squeeze just about anything hard enough to get a drop of negative juice from it.

This 15 y/o we are speaking of announces all sorts of things pertaining to her schedule....as she understands that we are keenly interested in what she is up to. We also have to arrange our schedules to fit. Today is a great examp-le of this. Her schedule for the day.

6-8 am: HS Soccer conditioning ( she's the keeper )
9-11 am: Travel fastpitch practice ( she's the shortstop )
12-2 pm: The protest event
4-6 pm: Volunteering with handicapped/disabled Little Leaguers

Get it?

If her announcement was something that she thought she needed permission for....she's have phrased it differently, Ebineezer.

Kudos to you for taking a keen interest in your daughter, as well as allowing her to experience everything, not just the things a person might consider "suitable". Good on ya sir!

New Topics

Forum List

Back