Did Somebody take out a Satellite?

No I haven't contacted the provider. I guess I should. I just thought it strange that I'm getting no cable channels, no Hannity forum, but my cable internet is working fine.

Did you check your cable connections? Sometimes we lose channels and we have to jiggle various cables to get them back. I miss the old days when a good old 'whack' would fix the problem. . . . .

Or with Dish or Direct satellite connection, just reset the receiver. Bad weather will knock out mine but I can get it back on immediately by resetting it myself.

Squirrels shoving nuts into the box. They are going to forget where they put them.

Critters can seriously mess up things. The longest I ever went without power was because of squirrels playing around a major transmission station. Also, my AC started leaking like hell this summer, and I was about to buy a new one when I noticed bird seed shells all over the top and some had fallen into some small grooves. The guy next door had put a feeder on the side of his unit outside his bedroom window and the birds (and squirrels)would perch there munching and spitting shells all day long. Into MY air conditioner. They finally clogged up the drainage pipe.

Squirrels shoving nuts into the box. They are going to forget where they put them.

Critters can seriously mess up things. The longest I ever went without power was because of squirrels playing around a major transmission station. Also, my AC started leaking like hell this summer, and I was about to buy a new one when I noticed bird seed shells all over the top and some had fallen into some small grooves. The guy next door had put a feeder on the side of his unit outside his bedroom window and the birds (and squirrels)would perch there munching and spitting shells all day long. Into MY air conditioner. They finally clogged up the drainage pipe.

Yep, we are getting walnuts on our semi-enclosed back porch. Thing is, they will stay there all winter. Some of them will put the nuts in the road so cars break them open. That is the use of tools and that is scary.

I hate bumping this thread, but I guess I should tell you all what fixed the problem. I needed to unplug the cable box and plug it back in. :) Oh...and "that other site" is back online again after two days.

I can't get any cable channels and even access to the Hannity forums. Is this nationwide or just local?

Blame it on this guy:

hannity-douche.jpg

Forum List

Back